Page 41 of 324 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 615 of 4852
  1. #601
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    12,034

    Default

    Something I've been thinking about is how they made it so Wanda is the one who really wants to fit in with the "normal people" around. While in the comics both her and Vis have wanted to settle down and live a normal life, is Vision who has always craved to feel normal and like a human. I mean, there's that whole moment in his solo. "That's what you never understood Wanda. I want to be like everyone else."

    In one hand, it does feel like how HOM reframed her as being desperate to have kids and a family. And regardless of that it may be considered somewhat of a "character flaw". In the other hand though, I feel like it very much makes the whole thing even more about Wanda. Kinda like, if you parallel this to the Vision solo, she would be Vision, and Vision would be the "wife character"(I won't say Virginia... Cause he's a sweetheart and she violently kills a dog).

  2. #602

  3. #603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Something I've been thinking about is how they made it so Wanda is the one who really wants to fit in with the "normal people" around. While in the comics both her and Vis have wanted to settle down and live a normal life, is Vision who has always craved to feel normal and like a human. I mean, there's that whole moment in his solo. "That's what you never understood Wanda. I want to be like everyone else."

    In one hand, it does feel like how HOM reframed her as being desperate to have kids and a family. And regardless of that it may be considered somewhat of a "character flaw". In the other hand though, I feel like it very much makes the whole thing even more about Wanda. Kinda like, if you parallel this to the Vision solo, she would be Vision, and Vision would be the "wife character"(I won't say Virginia... Cause he's a sweetheart and she violently kills a dog).
    I think her role here is closer to Vision's in his solo than her own in HoM. Here she seems much more in control, and is in the process of creating a family. Not having a breakdown over losing them.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  4. #604
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    12,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think her role here is closer to Vision's in his solo than her own in HoM. Here she seems much more in control, and is in the process of creating a family. Not having a breakdown over losing them.
    I meant in the sense that this idea that Wanda was desperate to have a family and kids with Vision even though they couldn't mostly came from Disassembled/HOM. Before that it used to be more about his struggle as a synthezoid than hers. This thought is in my head cause it's something the Scarlet Witching blog pointed out once (or probably many times).

  5. #605
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,971

    Default

    WandaVision: 10 Questions About Scarlet Witch, Answered
    With the show experiencing great popularity since its debut, fans have taken to looking up facts about Scarlet Witch and get a feel of who she is.
    https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-ques...itch-answered/

    After the events of Avengers: Endgame brought the Infinity Saga to a close, Phase Four of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is set to focus on the characters who were previously in supporting roles. Scarlet Witch has been upgraded to main character status and is now headlining the WandaVision TV series.
    With the show experiencing great popularity since its debut, fans have taken to looking up facts about Scarlet Witch and get a feel of what her characterization is in the comics. This has led to many questions they’re looking to get answered about the character, so it’s worth checking these answers out.

    ‘WandaVision’ Prop Wedding Rings Revealed; Up for Pre-Order
    https://www.thehdroom.com/offbeat/wa...-rings-131282/
    Last edited by Witchfan; 01-18-2021 at 10:40 AM.

  6. #606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I meant in the sense that this idea that Wanda was desperate to have a family and kids with Vision even though they couldn't mostly came from Disassembled/HOM. Before that it used to be more about his struggle as a synthezoid than hers. This thought is in my head cause it's something the Scarlet Witching blog pointed out once (or probably many times).
    Even before that. Their struggle to have kids goes all the way back to the bronze age. That was when Vision convinced Wanda to use her powers and witches energies in Vision and the Scarlet Witch to conceive children.

    AD/HoM just poorly retold all that with terrible inacccuracy.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  7. #607
    Invincible Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    20,646

    Default


  8. #608

  9. #609
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    12,765

    Default

    Anyone think that the Soul Gem Vision has is real?

  10. #610
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    12,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Shout out to Victor Shade!

  11. #611
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    LOL what is Funny is that I think I have Nearly ALL of these In My Scarlet Witch Collection, Some Double!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS!
    I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC!
    Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE!
    Let The CALL Go Forth --
    AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!"


    Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2021!

  12. #612
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    So many Wandi!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  13. #613
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,579

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Anyone think that the Soul Gem Vision has is real?
    Good Question Marvell2100 and I have had a Theory on that:

    spoilers:
    Even Thought Thanos said he destroyed the Stones, I remember in 616 that the stones can't simply be destroyed cause they are part of the Universe. So I am believing that this is just the 1st of the Stones comes back to exitance and it will contain Visions Consciousness or What will be His Soul inside of the Stone.

    This might also be need since at the End of GotG-2 we got the Adam Warlock tease and I his connetion that is the Soul Stone will be likely a thing in the MCU as well. So I think this is the start of the Gems coming back and that the Vision we see in WandaVision is Vision just his consciousness/soul that is manifesting a body in the Alternate TV world.

    This IMO is support by Vision doing his own things while Wanda is not around and the world effect him seprate as an outside being.
    end of spoilers
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS!
    I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC!
    Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE!
    Let The CALL Go Forth --
    AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!"


    Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2021!

  14. #614
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,579

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    My Goodness, Miss Olsen as Wanda in that 1950's Dress is so Lovely, Truly a Startlet and even more cool by accident or not it is Homaging Wanda's being a Lady of this Era to come soon later in the 1960's Silver Age when she debut! ;-)

    Also Miss Olsen's hair is Very Trademark Wanda IMO with the Shorter, More Classic Movie Startlet flowing Short Curls to them and Being Auburn in Color as well! ;-)


    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS!
    I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC!
    Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE!
    Let The CALL Go Forth --
    AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!"


    Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2021!

  15. #615
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    12,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Good Question Marvell2100 and I have had a Theory on that:

    spoilers:
    Even Thought Thanos said he destroyed the Stones, I remember in 616 that the stones can't simply be destroyed cause they are part of the Universe. So I am believing that this is just the 1st of the Stones comes back to exitance and it will contain Visions Consciousness or What will be His Soul inside of the Stone.

    This might also be need since at the End of GotG-2 we got the Adam Warlock tease and I his connetion that is the Soul Stone will be likely a thing in the MCU as well. So I think this is the start of the Gems coming back and that the Vision we see in WandaVision is Vision just his consciousness/soul that is manifesting a body in the Alternate TV world.

    This IMO is support by Vision doing his own things while Wanda is not around and the world effect him seprate as an outside being.
    end of spoilers
    Good theory CJS. It's also possible that:

    spoilers:
    Wanda used her powers and somehow plucked vision from a timeline before he was killed by Thanos. This would also explain why he doesn't remember being destroyed.
    end of spoilers

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •