Page 411 of 774 FirstFirst ... 311361401407408409410411412413414415421461511 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,165 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by maximoffimpact View Post
    If I had my way, the upcoming "The Trial " (Magneto) story should have Magneto reveal his label of culpability in regards to Wanda's actions and frame of mind at her "No More Mutants" moment. His actions, just before those words were spoken (the then-murder of his then-son, Wanda's twin brother,Pietro) was the match that lit the tank filled with gasoline. We'll see if ALL of the details that went down during the House of M tragedy will be revealed in this trial. If it is, then I can see where the Wanda issues with the mutant community are finally fully addressed; and given the proper nuance, accuracy of details and culpability for everyone involved once and for all. Also, it could be the opportunity for Magneto to finally rid Wanda of this false "pretender" status she has been given to the mutants on Krakoa.
    They will never do this.
    Magneto is krakoan hero no.1 rn and people already know Doom did that to Wanda.
    The mutants don't care

Spectacular Member maximoffimpact's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you are better now.
    But you have to understand everyone has a different situation and Wanda isn't exactly clean.
    Magneto is the champion of Krakoa and she wiped them out(maybe she didn't want to but it still did happen).
    He still tried to reach out to her and risked everything.
    It's definitely complicated. I give Magneto credit when he does good, but due to his long historical track record, one cannot ignore that things with him can go bad at any given moment for whatever reason. Please keep in mind that Wanda witnessing Magneto murdering Pietro was the action that pushed her mentally over the edge, resulting in her moment of instability that caused the No More Mutants tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by maximoffimpact View Post
    If I had my way, the upcoming "The Trial " (Magneto) story should have Magneto reveal his label of culpability in regards to Wanda's actions and frame of mind at her "No More Mutants" moment. His actions, just before those words were spoken (the then-murder of his then-son, Wanda's twin brother,Pietro) was the match that lit the tank filled with gasoline. We'll see if ALL of the details that went down during the House of M tragedy will be revealed in this trial. If it is, then I can see where the Wanda issues with the mutant community are finally fully addressed; and given the proper nuance, accuracy of details and culpability for everyone involved once and for all. Also, it could be the opportunity for Magneto to finally rid Wanda of this false "pretender" status she has been given to the mutants on Krakoa.
    Rechnically all of the Avnegrs and X-Men are also responsible for M-Day as it is there actions that led to Pietro getting Wanda to create the HOM and then it is their attempts to undo the new reality which led to Magneto killing Pietro. Also remember the X-men and Avengers present later covered up what actually happened on M-Day from the public, so Wanda isn't the only one to blame for M-Day and alot of mutants would be asking their leaders questions about why they covered it up in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Rechnically all of the Avnegrs and X-Men are also responsible for M-Day as it is there actions that led to Pietro getting Wanda to create the HOM and then it is their attempts to undo the new reality which led to Magneto killing Pietro. Also remember the X-men and Avengers present later covered up what actually happened on M-Day from the public, so Wanda isn't the only one to blame for M-Day and alot of mutants would be asking their leaders questions about why they covered it up in the first place.
    I think it was more so the ones that wanted to kill Wanda that lead to Pietro having her create the HoM reality. Not every mutant was for killing her and the only Avenger that seemed to be on board was Wolverine. Who wasn't an Avenger yet.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think it was more so the ones that wanted to kill Wanda that lead to Pietro having her create the HoM reality. Not every mutant was for killing her and the only Avenger that seemed to be on board was Wolverine. Who wasn't an Avenger yet.
    Yup.X-men were very jumpy to kill her because if she lost control mutants would look bad.The irony is hilarious.
    I loved that Spider-man and the others stood up for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yup.X-men were very jumpy to kill her because if she lost control mutants would look bad.The irony is hilarious.
    I loved that Spider-man and the others stood up for her.
    Spidey was a good friend of her's and Vision at one point. It made me pissed off when Bendis had him mock their marriage. Because that was not like Pete.

That's true, it's amazing how their main reaction was to burn the witch, rather than help her. Also Logan was a member of the Avengers at the start of HOM, he had joined 2 months prior.

Spidey was a good friend of her's and Vision at one point. It made me pissed off when Bendis had him mock their marriage. Because that was not like Pete.
    This is from the same writer who didn't even know Wanda knew she had kids, so what do you expect.

SCARLET WITCH ROMANI
    by
    FrancisLugfran
    https://www.deviantart.com/francislu...7%3A4927979183

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    This is from the same writer who didn't even know Wanda knew she had kids, so what do you expect.
    Oh absolutely nothing. He's a hack.

Oh absolutely nothing. He's a hack.
    Indeed he is.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

I am rather torn about Wanda’s latest appearance in the X-Books. Starting with her being in her “classic” outfit, making her seem detached from how her character is these years. But then again, I am better of seeing Wanda in the X-Books as an alternate version of Wanda anyway. Just like these isolistic people – to put it mildly – who pleasure themselves over being the superior race, are not what I understand as the X-Men. Then we have Wanda adopting the “pretender” term, something no one in her position would and should do. Meanwhile, Magneto can’t go a few sentences without showing his anti-human sentiment: “Humans killed her, of course”. Yeah, good that he pointed that out, because Mutants never committed any acts of violence, ever. Now would be a good opportunity for Wanda to call out Magneto, for running his pathetic island in a way that would make North Korea look moderate by comparison. But this is not the outspoken woman we know as Wanda. This is the X-fantasy Wanda.

What turns it around for me a little is that Magneto shows how nonsensical the word pretender is used here, as there was a time where he didn’t know he was a mutant too, so by that “logic” he should be called “pretender” as well.

Also for X-standards Wanda is presented in a positive way, as in: She manages to walk a few meters without screwing anything up – a tremendous feat when she is in the X-realm – and she is not arrogant, not insulting the entire mutant race – ironically now when I think they would totally deserve that.

Pushing all issues I have aside, the moment of Magneto and Wanda hugging was kinda cute. The first stories I once read about Wanda where from right after her return after HoM, and those where rather Wanda and Magneto heavy. That I know the full picture now can’t change that I feel a bit nostalgic about that.

I wish there will be a scene with Wanda and Lorna, the last time they met they admitted that they never acted as a family, which made the whole thing feel more real.

Does all that mean that things are going better for Wanda in the X-comics? Not necessarily. Because Hickman did’t wrote it. Maybe Ewing only managed to slip these few pages under is nose. Maybe Hickman just found out about this relatively positive portrayal of Wanda. Maybe now he is furious about that.

I doubt anything a writer does is slipped under the nose of another. These events and runs are usually collaborative and planned out.

I don't have complete faith that this will turn out in Wanda's favor. Because that's how it's been for a long time. But I hope things get better.

Wandavision art
    E4r-n7zWQAYI55t (1).jpg

I'm hoping that's the end of the bright orange hair. It's definitely not my favorite.