Page 420 of 774 FirstFirst ... 320370410416417418419420421422423424430470520 ... LastLast
Results 6,286 to 6,300 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I will take solace in knowing Our Lady, Our Sovereign, Our Scarlet Witch will rise again. This time better than any could possibly dream of.
    I feel like if even MCU stardom couldn't get Marvel to use her in comics then nothing can. All these years of giving her almost nothing, a year of nothing at all, followed by a story that basically screams that she doesn't matter to anyone at Marvel except as a prop for other people's stories.

Someday they'll use her in something again, but it won't be any time soon.

I'm hoping Darkhold is good. It's short, but hopefully something positive.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    You are right. I was thinking he had replaced Brevoort, when it was Alonso.
    Of All the people involved with the garbage that was dumped on wanda’s character he is the one constant that was always present in the “credits”, he was the editor for disassembled, he was the editor for house of m ……. And so on ……he could have done so much to rehabilitate her during the years but he always went for half backed controversial cop outs, just to squeeze more and more out of the mess she was put into, quesada is gone, bendis is gone, alonso is gone. She was always a tool to hammer the x-franchise from a far for the sin of being cinematically owned by fox, even the parentage retcon and the inhuman push were mandated by perlmutter and executed by brevoort and as soon as he had no more use for her she was dropped in limbo to be forgotten if not for Feige interest (check out the feud between perlmutter and feige).
    I can understand people being pessimistic about wanda being featured again in the contest of mutant stories but I sincerely believe this time is gonna be different and it could lead to finally leaving the past behind instead of the narrative wound that hasn’t healed one bit in all these years despite the retconning of her nature as mutant and parentage.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Of All the people involved with the garbage that was dumped on wanda’s character he is the one constant that was always present in the “credits”, he was the editor for disassembled, he was the editor for house of m ……. And so on ……he could have done so much to rehabilitate her during the years but he always went for half backed controversial cop outs, just to squeeze more and more out of the mess she was put into, quesada is gone, bendis is gone, alonso is gone. She was always a tool to hammer the x-franchise from a far for the sin of being cinematically owned by fox, even the parentage retcon and the inhuman push were mandated by perlmutter and executed by brevoort and as soon as he had no more use for her she was dropped in limbo to be forgotten if not for Feige interest (check out the feud between perlmutter and feige).
    I can understand people being pessimistic about wanda being featured again in the contest of mutant stories but I sincerely believe this time is gonna be different and it could lead to finally leaving the past behind instead of the narrative wound that hasn’t healed one bit in all these years despite the retconning of her nature as mutant and parentage.
    I don't believe it's really gonna be different. It's already not unless this is a red herring. It could be, but that just means spoilers:
    she's not really dead, it's someone else.
    end of spoilers. She's not in any solicits until September. And after that who knows. It could be another year before they do anything else. I don't trust the mutant side when she's also barely used there and every appearance has lead to something bad.

The proof is in action. And Marvel entirely has a lot to prove before I'd trust either side ever again.

I don't believe it's really gonna be different. It's already not unless this is a red herring. It could be, but that just means spoilers:
    she's not really dead, it's someone else.
    end of spoilers. She's not in any solicits until September. And after that who knows. It could be another year before they do anything else. I don't trust the mutant side when she's also barely used there and every appearance has lead to something bad.

The proof is in action. And Marvel entirely has a lot to prove before I'd trust either side ever again.
    One side of marvel never had real creative control of wanda as character and by the way are you expecting them to spoil the whole purpose if the trial of magneto? I really think that by the end of it the house of m controversy will be a closed argument, I think they know people are tired but all this pretender stuff is meant to finally tackle the issue heads on and not swap it under the rag, something the avengers book never really tried.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

One side of marvel never had real creative control of wanda as character and by the way are you expecting them to spoil the whole purpose if the trial of magneto? I really think that by the end of it the house of m controversy will be a closed argument, I think they know people are tired but all this pretender stuff is meant to finally tackle the issue heads on and not swap it under the rag, something the avengers book never really tried.
    No I never said I'm expecting them to spoil it. When they have used her the stories have been terrible. So I don't believe this time will be different. They are the ones that created the Pretender stuff. And for all this talk of the Avengers side, Hickman was Avengers side for a while. It's not two companies.

Extraordinary Member

I think that if this miniseries was going to be some major status quo change for Wanda they would have assigned it to one of the big writers like Hickman or Ewing. This is being written as a continuation of a canceled book that Wanda wasn't in, and it overlap with "Inferno," which is the big X-Men event that will change everything. If Wanda's story was important, it would be part of that book, not this one.

There's just no indication that this is anything but a cheap way of getting attention and sales; the story might not be what we think it is, but it's not going to "fix" anything, expecially not Wanda.

This isn't to put down Williams, whose work I haven't read much; we just shouldn't expect her to do what it's not in her power to do.

No I never said I'm expecting them to spoil it. When they have used her the stories have been terrible. So I don't believe this time will be different. They are the ones that created the Pretender stuff. And for all this talk of the Avengers side, Hickman was Avengers side for a while. It's not two companies.
    Ok I can see you just wanna ignore the fact that the avengers and x-men properties were 2 very different and separated animals for most of the last 2 decades, I guess there is no point in reasoning further.

Ok I can see you just wanna ignore the fact that the avengers and x-men properties were 2 very different and separated animals for most of the last 2 decades, I guess there is no point in reasoning further.
    They have different offices that operate under Marvel completely. I'm not ignoring anything. Especially not Wanda's treatment on both sides. They are the ones that had her still berated, mocked, made a pariah just as much as the A side. They were the ones that made her seem like a magic apprentice even though she has years under her belt, they made her not even know what alcohol was. And they are the ones that maybe spoilers:
    killed her off
    end of spoilers. This really isn't the day to keep poking at me to accept some wild theory that it'll be different this time.

Marvel, needs to prove it.

They have different offices that operate under Marvel completely. I'm not ignoring anything. Especially not Wanda's treatment on both sides. They are the ones that had her still berated, mocked, made a pariah just as much as the A side. They were the ones that made her seem like a magic apprentice even though she has years under her belt, they made her not even know what alcohol was. And they are the ones that maybe spoilers:
    killed her off
    end of spoilers. This really isn't the day to keep poking at me to accept some wild theory that it'll be different this time.

Marvel, needs to prove it.
    Regardless of what you and I think the one in charge will do what they want, They own the character and as proven by the last 20 years they never check for fans permission when it comes to tell the story they want.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think that if this miniseries was going to be some major status quo change for Wanda they would have assigned it to one of the big writers like Hickman or Ewing. This is being written as a continuation of a canceled book that Wanda wasn't in, and it overlap with "Inferno," which is the big X-Men event that will change everything. If Wanda's story was important, it would be part of that book, not this one.

There's just no indication that this is anything but a cheap way of getting attention and sales; the story might not be what we think it is, but it's not going to "fix" anything, expecially not Wanda.

This isn't to put down Williams, whose work I haven't read much; we just shouldn't expect her to do what it's not in her power to do.
    Its astonishing that she is AWOL for a whole year...then appears for a few panels only to be a corpse almost immediately.

If she was going to have any kind of character arc, they would have given her a build up to this. She's a plot device, nothing more.

The lack of any build up for her appearance tells us this is 100% a story about Magneto. Even last year, at Billy's wedding, there was no moment between her, Vision, and Billy and Teddy, to build emotional weight to this.

While anyone can be a fan of a character, well read or not. A majority seem to want the relationship for what it can do to Mags and not Wanda. Some hope it does something positive for Wanda because they are optimists. But there's nothing in comics that has shown so far for that to be the case.

I like the idea of her having a relationship with Polaris much more than Mags. I'd like for her to have any relationship to her spiritual sons.
    My suspicion is they are leading things towards a significant crossover story perhaps early next year after the Trial of Magneto and whatever Duggan has planned in X-Men with the High Evolutionary. What shape it takes I don't know, but that is my feeling at the moment. At least we will have a ton of high quality art incoming from Marvel and fans that I am more certain of. There have been a few good pieces of fan art the past couple months, but nothing like what I expect we will be seeing.

By AWAN

Regardless of what you and I think the one in charge will do what they want, They own the character and as proven by the last 20 years they never check for fans permission when it comes to tell the story they want.
    Yes, these are all things I know. Which is why I don't trust them. If they do differently for the next 17 years, then maybe I'll trust them again.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    My suspicion is they are leading things towards a significant crossover story perhaps early next year after the Trial of Magneto and whatever Duggan has planned in X-Men with the High Evolutionary. What shape it takes I don't know, but that is my feeling at the moment. At least we will have a ton of high quality art incoming from Marvel and fans that I am more certain of. There have been a few good pieces of fan art the past couple months, but nothing like what I expect we will be seeing.

By AWAN
    The thing is spoilers:
    If this is Wanda's body and she is dead, then she'll likely spend the whole event dead. Which isn't any better than comatose in HoM.
    end of spoilers Hopefully it's different this time. I'm just not gonna hold my breath.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I will take solace in knowing Our Lady, Our Sovereign, Our Scarlet Witch will rise again. This time better than any could possibly dream of.
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I feel like if even MCU stardom couldn't get Marvel to use her in comics then nothing can. All these years of giving her almost nothing, a year of nothing at all, followed by a story that basically screams that she doesn't matter to anyone at Marvel except as a prop for other people's stories.

Someday they'll use her in something again, but it won't be any time soon.
    The News was moving so fast and honestly All of you Move and type so Fast it makes me feel like an old man turtle trying to keep up if I can at all anymore, honestly I try to understand as much as I can.

Honestly if they are doing this and it seems like they are with the Death, honestly I does not suprise me or makes me feel as bitter or sad as it could or should, Death has lost all meaning in Comics, it is less important now then in Dragon Ball with Magic Wishes to bring the Dead back all the time. So IMO Death is an over glorified time out to grab headlines and support for a story to have mania over it for a few issues.

I don't expect to know where this is going or give false assurance, but Honestly I feel that Marvel is now going to be showing they are going all in with whatever story they have for Wanda in this and the effects it is going to have on the world around her, aka the people effected by it, only in death do true feels and clarity are made known by characters.

I don't expect this to be treated lightly by Avengers or X-Men Characters either, Honestly a Good Storyteller would use this as a Major Refecting moment for both parties on Hard truths they have to face in both how they have treated Wanda and the wrongful abusses they have placed on her over views and politics.

However the Writes and Comics have not yet proven to me yet they are capablity of this feet yet, they have to earn this by their writing and by how their story will play out from here. I am not sure, but they now have gone IMO All In with this, no turning back on a story focused on Wanda or what Wanda will mean to the Marvel Universe if they write it write. Cause I find it hard to believe no matter how hard they try this will not all be about Magneto, the Spectre of Wanda will hang on this story and the charcters involved until she is Brought Back to life which is and hopefully the endgame here with a point to end the Fueding over HoM.

They don't then questions need to be asked hard to Marvel Creators, with respect, but answers need to be given on Why and If they Care about Wanda, we need it from their mouths too, no longer just wondering if they are or not. Heck, those questions can be asked now.

It has been teased since that song of Wanda in Krako was meantioned their might be some important stories involving Wanda going on in the X-Book and if this might be the case they might have been making, this might be the start of that.

Death Means nothing in Comics, Covetous_One is right she will rise again like all that have death in comics, what matters is what state of being she will be in, how it is done, but most importantly what evovles around her character to change the statue quo espcially the negatives from Kraoka and mutants that have plauged her for to long.

I don't give any support for this story, just the fact that they pulled this Death Card Trigger and now they say they are revolving around it that much effect Wanda Majorly going forward, the hopes as always this is going to be leading to better things and usage down the line cause of the major play they of now put into play with this and the constant gravity that Now with the Copyright Wars with FOX are long over, the X-Men can be Pushed, Wanda can have her whole canon and Wanda is a Major player in the MCU going forward, Marvel Comics has less to No Excuses not to use her anymore or risk losing fans to ton-defness.

Hope is a Good Thing, but must be backed up with time given for the story to play out and the ablity to hold to hard questions those that hold the power of the pen on our Wanda.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!