Page 421 of 774 FirstFirst ... 321371411417418419420421422423424425431471521 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,315 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Its astonishing that she is AWOL for a whole year...then appears for a few panels only to be a corpse almost immediately.
    It doesn't astonish me. If Rich Johnston is to be believed, and I think he is, they had some version of this story planned for 2020 and decided to bump it until Wanda's show was over. And until then they just didn't bother about her.

"Darkhold" was just a piece of disposable content that (as originally planned) would have come out before her show, and now will come out before her next movie. But they didn't want to put her back on the Avengers, and the needs of the X-Men line have priority in the Cebulski era, so they just kept her on ice until they could do this thing... though this may not be the form it was originally intended to take.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Hope is a Good Thing, but must be backed up with time given for the story to play out and the ablity to hold to hard questions those that hold the power of the pen on our Wanda.
    Good point, CJ. One thing I would suggest is focusing not on Wanda's "death" but on her not being used in any comics until the week before.

We all know death is temporary in comics and it's not worth getting mad about. What most of Wanda's fans are upset about is that we couldn't find her in comics before she was a corpse, so if they claim to respect and love the character, how can we believe them? They'd have to show it by using her and letting her speak for herself.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It doesn't astonish me. If Rich Johnston is to be believed, and I think he is, they had some version of this story planned for 2020 and decided to bump it until Wanda's show was over. And until then they just didn't bother about her.

"Darkhold" was just a piece of disposable content that (as originally planned) would have come out before her show, and now will come out before her next movie. But they didn't want to put her back on the Avengers, and the needs of the X-Men line have priority in the Cebulski era, so they just kept her on ice until they could do this thing... though this may not be the form it was originally intended to take.
    Which is why I hate her being a narrative slave to that side.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I will take solace in knowing Our Lady, Our Sovereign, Our Scarlet Witch will rise again. This time better than any could possibly dream of.
    Darkhold is why I haven’t lost all hope, but this and the Dark Ages preview still frustrates me.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I just want to say I am sorry, I really didnīt think this was going to be about this, Leah Williams so far has been a mixing experience for me as a writer and sheīs killed her own cast before solving the mystery so I hope she gives Wanda authonomy on her own case as well as the other characters and this can be used as an opportunity to show Wanda and Tommy being close, given they have not really much scenes together.

I personally think Darkhold will be very interesting,because itīs a continuation to Childrenīs Crusade so I hope we get a magical fight between Wanda and Dr Doom at some point.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Darkhold is why I haven’t lost all hope, but this and the Dark Ages preview still frustrates me.
    Darkhold is just a leftover thing they brought back because of Wanda hype.
    Also I hear the mini is character based and Wanda is just helping them walk through.

They should put her on a Avengers team with Spider-man, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I just want to say I am sorry, I really didnīt think this was going to be about this, Leah Williams so far has been a mixing experience for me as a writer and sheīs killed her own cast before solving the mystery so I hope she gives Wanda authonomy on her own case as well as the other characters and this can be used as an opportunity to show Wanda and Tommy being close, given they have not really much scenes together.

I personally think Darkhold will be very interesting,because itīs a continuation to Childrenīs Crusade so I hope we get a magical fight between Wanda and Dr Doom at some point.
    Definitely not any reader's fault. I understand why people want to be so positive about Wanda's future, because it's been so bad for so long.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Definitely not any reader's fault. I understand why people want to be so positive about Wanda's future, because it's been so bad for so long.
    Just checked the site.
    It's a series of one shots focusing on specific characters.Wanda is just gonna be the guide I think.
    She will have a major role in the alpha and omega

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Just checked the site.
    It's a series of one shots focusing on specific characters.Wanda is just gonna be the guide I think.
    I don't think it's a series of oneshots, but rather a mini focusing on a character each issue, no? The solicit talks about assembling a team, so Wanda will likely show up in the other issues too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Just checked the site.
    It's probably like other one-shots from events that come together for a full story. It then will be collected next year in trade.

Yes itīs been bad and I just donīt get it, sheīs going to become an ever bigger name on the MCU and will be one of the protagonist of it going forward so itīs the perfect moment to explore her character at marvel comics, from her Avengers side, to her witch side to her family side and this definitely doesnīt count as exploring the character imo unless she becomes an active participant on the story, which I hope itīs the case going forward given this already happened on X-factor before and I hope Darkhold brings some more lore to her Chthon story as well as a cool fight with Victor.

Honestly, I would havel liked more if Mags was the one killed for this story, it gives the character a chance to breath before going into the Inferno story and for Lorna an opportunity to interact with Wanda, Pietro and Tommy but well, I hope this at least officially ends the subplot Wanda has on the X-books.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes itīs been bad and I just donīt get it, sheīs going to become an ever bigger name on the MCU and will be one of the protagonist of it going forward so itīs the perfect moment to explore her character at marvel comics, from her Avengers side, to her witch side to her family side and this definitely doesnīt count as exploring the character imo unless she becomes an active participant on the story, which I hope itīs the case going forward given this already happened on X-factor before and I hope Darkhold brings some more lore to her Chthon story as well as a cool fight with Victor.

Honestly, I would havel liked more if Mags was the one killed for this story, it gives the character a chance to breath before going into the Inferno story and for Lorna an opportunity to interact with Wanda, Pietro and Tommy but well, I hope this at least officially ends the subplot Wanda has on the X-books.
    Yeah we'll see how things are going forward. spoilers:
    If she is really dead and it's not a red herring, I hope she doesn't stay that way for the whole event. Maybe it's a Doombot again, lol.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

If she is really dead and it's not a red herring, I hope she doesn't stay that way for the whole event. Maybe it's a Doombot again, lol.
    end of spoilers
    Just like Jon Snow and the Wanda fans when it come to the editor of Marvel:

You know nothing about us. From Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Just like Jon Snow and the Wanda fans when it come to the editor of Marvel:

You know nothing about us. From Marvel.
    Why should I need to know anything about the editors?

end of spoilers
    Lol well Victor is veery upset right now so I could see this happen

spoilers:
    My other guess is that this is a fake body like the one she had on HoM who also died
    end of spoilers