Page 422 of 774 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432472522 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Lol well Victor is veery upset right now so I could see this happen

spoilers:
    My other guess is that this is a fake body like the one she had on HoM who also died
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If true, she's getting to be like Nick Fury, lol.
    end of spoilers
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Nick Fury and Maria Hill should not get all the fun

This also could a case like that one from Jessica Jones where she was killed but got back to life quite quickly and discovered her killer was a person who could manipulate reality who got divided in his good self and bad self. Like really if we are getting into this, I hope Leah goes all the way and sends all the curve balls possible that are natural for mystery stories.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-29-2021 at 11:04 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I think this is not going to be bad for Wanda. Last issue in SWORD showed that Magneto was not really into the whole Pretender thing, and reestablishing her as a mutant could open the doors for her to become an X-Character while finally giving her redemption or getting rid of the HoM baggage. And tbh the Avengers office doesn't seemthat into using her (and I doubt Aaron will want to use her for the main roster).

And I think that the X-Office is going to frame the Pretender stuff as a bad thing tbh (like we're starting to see the societal issues of Krakoa in Way of X). Plus the whole thing about the hero of Krakoa and the devil of Krakoa being family is going to be interesting both for her and Erik.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think this is not going to be bad for Wanda. Last issue in SWORD showed that Magneto was not really into the whole Pretender thing, and reestablishing her as a mutant could open the doors for her to become an X-Character while finally giving her redemption or getting rid of the HoM baggage. And tbh the Avengers office doesn't seemthat into using her (and I doubt Aaron will want to use her for the main roster).

And I think that the X-Office is going to frame the Pretender stuff as a bad thing tbh (like we're starting to see the societal issues of Krakoa in Way of X). Plus the whole thing about the hero of Krakoa and the devil of Krakoa being family is going to be interesting both for her and Erik.
    Thanks but no, there would be no point in her hypothetical redemption if she doesn't get to go home. And to put it frank, there aren't many stories I am interested in about her potential involvement in X-franchise.
    Yeah, hopefully it's for both this time.

Maybe it's a clone. Maybe Magneto managed to make a clone of Wanda that was a mutant, so he could have his daughter back and therefeor there were two Wandas running around during Empyre; the real one with the Avengers and the clone who wouldn't have Wanda's experience in X-Men: Empyre.

spoilers:
    Marvel's making it difficult to "wait-and-see" where they're going here. It's proceeding like most of us thought, so...they're meeting "expectations"? lol.

Like other's have stated, I just want an ounce of agency for Wanda. Let her be party to this scheme rather than a device in someone else's machinations. Or at least have her dole out some punishment for being used. Again. Tbh some people are going to be unsatisfied with the umpteenth attempt at a redemption no matter what. Just allow her to meaningfully own up to it and move on. Not weakly whimpering. Not spoken for. Not retconned - don't have Moira, Charles, and Erik somehow manipulating Wanda in enacting HoM with the knowledge from her other lives in order to position mutants where they need to be. Do the actual work to get her character in a place where she can function in stories again.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Maybe it's a clone. Maybe Magneto managed to make a clone of Wanda that was a mutant, so he could have his daughter back and therefeor there were two Wandas running around during Empyre; the real one with the Avengers and the clone who wouldn't have Wanda's experience in X-Men: Empyre.
    Well she is in the wrong costume in each of her X appearances. The long con...

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Thanks but no, there would be no point in her hypothetical redemption if she doesn't get to go home. And to put it frank, there aren't many stories I am interested in about her potential involvement in X-franchise.
    Yeah, hopefully it's for both this time.
    Ok, fair. But I think that (at least with X-Fans) there's always going to be some kind of anger towards her because of M'Day, so seeing it resolved could be good if done in a way that's not harmful to either side.

I know that Wanda is not really at fault here, she was shoved into a storyline that pretty much assassinated her character. But X-Books had years of grimy stories and painful outcomes for their characters, so mutants and x-fans will always feel some kind of way about her (tbh, I used to be way too harsh on her in the past because of this), but, if they try to fix it, it could be a good outcome for everyone. And I very much prefered her trying to make amends like in Empyre rather than shrugging it off like in UA (which I think did more harm than HoM in the way X-Fans look at her).

None of the sides are that into using her. I don't have faith they'll use her much here either. spoilers:
    Most of this will probably be investigation and if something is up with the body and it's not Wanda, then it might not even be really her in the event. And if it is her then she'll likely be dead for the duration
    end of spoilers.

And I don't want her being an X-character. They've already shown they don't know enough about this character and keep infantalizing her. They have plenty of characters to work with, they don't need her too. I'd rather she be in limbo than depicted as not knowing enough about magic, being a major screw up, so naive not to know what alcohol is... lol. They do know this is a grown woman right? Who studied magic for years. Who lived in a mansion with Thor, was best friends with Carol and good friends with Tony. She knows what the hell alcohol is.

Ok, fair. But I think that (at least with X-Fans) there's always going to be some kind of anger towards her because of M'Day, so seeing it resolved could be good if done in a way that's not harmful to either side.

I know that Wanda is not really at fault here, she was shoved into a storyline that pretty much assassinated her character. But X-Books had years of grimy stories and painful outcomes for their characters, so mutants and x-fans will always feel some kind of way about her (tbh, I used to be way too harsh on her in the past because of this), but, if they try to fix it, it could be a good outcome for everyone. And I very much prefered her trying to make amends like in Empyre rather than shrugging it off like in UA (which I think did more harm than HoM in the way X-Fans look at her).
    I don't care what x-fans think of her. Even if they have her in the x-books, there will always be some that hate her. My wants for Wanda and their's do not ever overlap. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't care what x-fans think of her. Even if they have her in the x-books, there will always be some that hate her. My wants for Wanda and their's do not ever overlap. Ever.
    Well she won't be dead nearly as long as Jean was so plus for you guys?

Also I doubt many if any will hate her after this and no way will she be lingering in the X-Books post revive. Resurrected as a mutant or no.

She's just fufilling her role as the unfortunate X plot device right now.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, and after that is done, I would want her to go home.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Well she won't be dead nearly as long as Jean was so plus for you guys?

Also I doubt many if any will hate her after this and no way will she be lingering in the X-Books post revive. Resurrected as a mutant or no.

She's just fufilling her role as the unfortunate X plot device right now.
    Yeah, I hope the next time they could just use one of their own.
    Gonna take one for the team.

It's a shame that they still not using her ( And haven't since uncanny avengers in a ongoing) and when they do it's mostly bad things and we don't even know how she feels, she's virtually dead, even when the character is at her peak in terms of relevance and has more fans than ever thanks to the MCU.

I have no hope that something good will happen to her in the comics (maybe in ten years when comicbook Marvel's bosses are others)

I am happy that her character was developed in the MCU and now she is a known character all over the world, she will probably continue to be around for a longer time in other stories in the MCU according to Feige, so at least we have that i guess.

Great post and very well said, I think overall this is gonna be a good thing for Wanda when all will be said and done and I can’t wait to leave all the disassembled/house of m angst in the trashcan of comic book history.
    I’m also very excited at the possibility that her mutant nature may be restored, always loved her double nature.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”