Page 426 of 774 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430436476526 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,390 of 11598

This is wanda’s old costume, just like the one she is wearing after the gala
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Yeah but she's wearing her current costume in the book in some pics that the artist who drawed it shared.
    Ok, got it!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I know i tried to purposefully avoid that not to go down the road of office vs. office. We know where wanda rights are and so far i appreciate what the x-books have done on panel that i just haven't seen in avengers books but this is a wanda appreciation thread on that side of the board. They had her and magneto reconcile, they have showed her mess up again but this time because we know she is absolutely wracked with guilt over what she did to mutants, so much so she went on a quest to bring them back even though it failed, she came to gala because despite everything she must have wanted to at least see him and we also got her perspective on being a pretender which is more perspective than the main line has given us in how many years. Then the cherry on top Tommy gets to refer to her as mom on panel, 100% no need to sit here and be like he doesn't feel that way. So while i totally agree i wish we saw more it was really on the other side to at least give the x-side something. I will be the first to say okay, i was wrong and wanda gets screwed but so far we are talking a year vs a decade in what each side is trying to do for wanda and i know we both can be mad sarcastic but i both know we are wanda fans and want her to regain some semblance of prominence in comics and try to respect that.

And this part isn't directed at you but not all wanda fans dislike wanda because of something that happened in universe it has mainly been about the addressing of it the same way you can't move past slavery in america without it first being addressed or any other tradegy. For me it hasn't been about reprecussion but it has been about the journey to being better and i have bought every wanda book since house of m looking for that journey and while i never saw it that didn't take away from my fandom of wanda. It just so happens ororo is the character i'm most passionate about. lol. so yeah, there are some x-fans that are true wanda fans too and on the whole i don't think most actually hate her and i find it disappointing most can't see if you really read the issues the mutant side has been reacting to things wanda did, sometimes by the very writer who had her do it, but what have they done to make wanda a bad person? especially during hickman run. i just don't see it.
    Not bad, just child-like, in experienced and incompetant.

They need to remember she is a grown person, with a lot of life experience and magic experience too.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

It was very disrespectful how they just tossed her in the bushes after the deed.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Wolverine, Rogue, and most of the X-Men yes, but many of them are good at hypocrisy.
    Logan is the God of hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Hurray for Off Panel relationships! No need to write anything meaningful or do character development.
    That's how a lot of modern comics do it. Older ones had them go do regular things everyone does together in friendships. And develop their lives outside of superhero work.

Modern comics are too edgy and cool for that it seems.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I hope they establish Wanda is stronger than Chthon cause like if she made the Demiurge aka Billy, who goes to make the elder gods somehow (heavily implied) which dude is (an elder god) in a roundabout way Wanda helped create the universe so all her power coming from Chithon doesn't make sense if anything his power came from her! Let's make some moves with Wanda in this mini!
    The Demiurge, despite being the father of all Elder Gods, is not really the power source of them.
    The last four Elder Gods gain their power by comsuming each other(Chthon and Set), taking aspects of nature(all four of them), researching for/seeking knowledge(Chthon and Oshtur), etc. Also being a closed cycle would mean anyone can be anyone's creator in some form. That could be a logic work around for Wanda to potentially overpower Chthon.
    I hope they don't give Wanda power creep when it's not necessary, but I would like her to mantle Chthon or something, but I would want that Wanda to be a separate character to some extent, just someone chilling in her new throne, and still she will perform her role as one of the four, maybe a gentler night goddess, and mortal Wanda would still be kicking around on Earth with Divine!Wanda watching over her through Darkhold.(Assuming Darkhold is like a storybook that somehow contains people's fate and story.) Would be a nice metaphor about her seizing her own fate without compromising her being a superhero.

It was very disrespectful how they just tossed her in the bushes after the deed.
    Well she was murdered, the killer isn't going to care about respecting the body

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Well she was murdered, the killer isn't going to care about respecting the body
    Most victims of strangulation typically have their eyes open after the deed, so they respected her enough to close her eyes the least they could have done was put her in a field of flowers.

Posted this in the Magnus Family thread. Gonna copy it here.

---

I haven't been for them making her a mutant again, because they don't do much with it, but I think what could happen is Pietro being distraught goes through the resurrection with her body. And that's their way of making them mutants again.

Or the body is a fake.

But I think they'll keep the link to Mags the one they described on Krakoa. So that he can still be rooted in WWII and the twins can stay younger.

But then they can have these relationships like Wanda talking to Polaris again. Pietro having content because he's a mutant again.

Hopefully, they do finally have Wanda communicate with her sons. Stop killing her off and removing her from comics.

Let her freaking talk to She-Hulk again. They were best friends for at least a few years. They haven't talked since before AD.

Put her back on the main Avengers or a Midnight Sons/Defenders book and do the magic team that Donny Cates teased at the end of Damnation. The one that had Wanda, Magik, Loki, Doom, Blade, Agatha and Damon Hellstrom.

Let it be the end of treating her like a pariah, a mess up, magic novice and not even an adult.

Someone suggested Wanda as ambassador to Krakoa as a way to make up for M-day.

Whatever gets her out of this current hell. But keep her as a mainstay Avenger. And develop the magic side more.

Being killed by mystique is more disrespecful (if that theory becomes true)

Yeah, figures.

Being killed by mystique is more disrespecful (if that theory becomes true)
    Not if it turns out that because of her chaos magic and omega level magic manipulation that despite having destiny's diaries mystique knew killing wanda would change everything thus making the diaries obsolete going into inferno.

imo they are making it very clear the x-gene must have some inherent ties to magic. Every mutant in the world pretty much on some level feeling something is coming, magically in tune doctor doom also sensing something coming, Storm who comes from a magical line looking to the stars. All i'm saying is there is a lot of potential in this for wanda if the x-line serious and i think they are.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-30-2021 at 10:17 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

And looking at this if they are tied together and this is before, Wanda may have already been resurrected once and is already a mutant in Sword as she entered seemingly with no flower. That's if her death in the darkhold holds and it is suggesting they are connected. They could have brought her back after her darkhold death and already know she is mutant and someone could just be sadistically torturing wanda already knowing she would be brought back and needs to be brought to justice.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/