Page 433 of 774 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433434435436437443483533 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Full version:

"The very future of Krakoa is threatened as a trial begins that will divide the thriving mutant nation. In this pivotal moment in Jonathan Hickman’s era of X-Men, the ongoing tension between the Avengers and the X-Men will explode as Earth’s Mightiest Heroes arrive on Krakoa to seek justice for their fallen teammate. All eyes turn to Magneto but Marvel fans know all too well that when it comes to Magneto and the Maximoff twins, nothing is ever as simple as it seems. Once thought to be father and daughter, Magneto and Scarlet Witch have a storied history that began in the earliest days of the X-Men and now their unpredictable saga gets a new chapter… "

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=122805166
    I swear Marvel loves doing that Death of Captain Marvel homage. It lost all meaning.

Also if I hear let the story play out, I'm gonna yell. Marvel burned that card so much, its ash is now atoms.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    I swear Marvel loves doing that Death of Captain Marvel homage. It lost all meaning.

Also if I hear let the story play out, I'm gonna yell. Marvel burned that card so much, its ash is now atoms.
    Agreed. They beat that horse to a pulp.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    This image while a beautiful drawing, I'm REALLY tired of female characters dying and male character holding them like this
    The irony is even when Michelangelo designed the “Pieta” it was Mary holding her son, it was never about the man holding the woman

Last edited by Daedra; 06-30-2021 at 02:56 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's both because they needed a comic to tell the retcon.

I don't care if she looks worse to the x-side. I care if she has stories in her own narrative with her own relationships. I hope they free the baggage as well. But they could have done that without killing her off.
    Uncanny Avengers told the retcon, Scarlet Witch filled in her character after that. But I don't think it was necessitated by the retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    The irony is Even when Michelangelo designed it the Pieta had Mary holding her son, it was never about the man holding the woman

Good to see Jesus also had big boobs and arched back.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Uncanny Avengers told the retcon, Scarlet Witch filled in her character after that. But I don't think it was necessitated by the retcon.
    AXIS told the retcon, UA and her solo followed it up with details. Her solo was needed for it because UA was a team book, AXIS an event. They could not focus completely on her.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Full version:

"The very future of Krakoa is threatened as a trial begins that will divide the thriving mutant nation. In this pivotal moment in Jonathan Hickman’s era of X-Men, the ongoing tension between the Avengers and the X-Men will explode as Earth’s Mightiest Heroes arrive on Krakoa to seek justice for their fallen teammate. All eyes turn to Magneto but Marvel fans know all too well that when it comes to Magneto and the Maximoff twins, nothing is ever as simple as it seems. Once thought to be father and daughter, Magneto and Scarlet Witch have a storied history that began in the earliest days of the X-Men and now their unpredictable saga gets a new chapter… "

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=122805166
    i thought issue 2s description said the avengers were there for a memorial, which begs the question is krakoa keeping wandas body and not letting her friends take it

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    What, she's gotta be sexy while dead and making a not so clever art reference... lol.
    This is another trope: the sexy beautiful female body.

Pietá is a very cliche reference for sure haha

Makes it even more tone deaf that it's Romani Heritage Month.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

So, guess this is just another present by the comics writers to everyone who hates Wanda. Maybe won’t last long, but that doesn’t matter anymore. It’s just another stupid X-Story that uses Wanda like a tool. That’s it. I am out of Marvel comics – again. After hardly more than a week of putting up with this garbage. This is just too stupid.

I read the pages online. They made me very sad. I do think Tommys heartbreaking reaction will definitely be part of a plot involving resurrection and I think that she will be revealed to be a mutant but homo supreme perhaps instead of superior. Just a thought but it would be a simple and clean way to bring her back and explain the mutant issues without a huge retcon. Marvel had listed her as that a bit back then let it rest. I read it on the Marvel site but cannot remember exactly where. I think the x office may actually want to use her, be sick of HOM, and clean the slate with this. I used to read my older siblings comics and loved her. Feminine and powerful. Talking their old stuff from the 70's and 80's- lots of which dad gave them. Also loved the more modern Zub maxi series and Heinbergs rendition, Geoff JOHNS and ofc Busiek. Hopefully she will be treated with love. Haven't bought anything Marvel since Zub's 2 Avengers Maxi series and won't till I think she being handled with thought and care again.

Want to thank X fans such as Cocobandz, Havok83, Lucyinthesky, Krakoa and others for the kind words. As a Witch fan it did mean a lot to read them. The X/Wanda fights were painful to read and hopefully the X office will be able to mend that. Here's hoping but watching warily. Sending love ❤️ to all fans.
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 06-30-2021 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    I read the pages online. They made me very sad. I do think Tommys heartbreaking reaction will definitely be part of a plot involving resurrection and I think that she will be revealed to be a mutant but homo supreme perhaps instead of superior. Just a thought but it would be a simple and clean way to bring her back and explain the mutant issues without a huge retcon. Marvel had listed her as that a bit back then let it rest. I read it on the Marvel site but cannot remember exactly where. I think the x office may actually want to use her, be sick of HOM, and clean the slate with this. I used to read my older siblings comics and loved her. Feminine and powerful. Talking their old stuff from the 70's and 80's- lots of which dad gave them. Also loved the more modern Zub maxi series and Heinbergs rendition, Geoff JOHNS and ofc Busiek. Hopefully she will be treated with love. Haven't bought anything Marvel since Zub's 2 Avengers Maxi series and won't till I think she being handled with thought and care again.

Want to thank X fans such as Cocobandz, Havok83, Lucyinthesky, Krakoa and others for the kind words. As a Witch fan it did mean a lot to read them. The X/Wanda fights were painful to read and hopefully the X office will be able to mend that. Here's hoping but watching warily. Sending love ❤️ to all fans.
    That came into my head too. Mr. Immortal is one and homo supreme is supposed to be the final stage in evolution
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    I think the x office may actually want to use her, be sick of HOM, and clean the slate with this.
    The House of M issue is going to be large. I don’t think it will be resolved between her and mutants in this mini which looks to be heavily a family story, but I do think there will likely be a crossover fallout from it where the reckoning will come between her and mutants.

House of M is on the mind of the legions of new Wanda fans interested in her from the Wandavision series so it will be very relevant to them as a story in a way most regulars wanted to be over long ago.

They couldn’t print the HoM trades fast enough this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    That came into my head too. Mr. Immortal is one and homo supreme is supposed to be the final stage in evolution
    FINAL stage of evolution somehow does not feel right
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The House of M issue is going to be large. I don’t think it will be resolved between her and mutants in this mini which looks to be heavily a family story, but I do think there will likely be a crossover fallout from it where the reckoning will come between her and mutants.

House of M is on the mind of the legions of new Wanda fans interested in her from the Wandavision series so it will be very relevant to them as a story in a way most regulars wanted to be over long ago.

They couldn’t print the HoM trades fast enough this year.

Everything of Wanda's is sold out and backed up from February. They are just now getting around to stocking some things.