Page 436 of 774 FirstFirst ... 336386426432433434435436437438439440446486536 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 11598
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    We weren't even just alone but seen as monsters for supporting her. That even lasted up until recently. We were attacked everywhere we went on the forums. So then we started mostly staying in the Appreciation thread. And then people came here to attack her and us. It was very hostile.
    Yea it was bad like that, almost seems like an alternative reality today compared to them, but it show who truly was will to love Wanda no matter what and stick with her threw thick and thin.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Yea it was bad like that, almost seems like an alternative reality today compared to them, but it show who truly was will to love Wanda no matter what and stick with her threw thick and thin.
    Yeah, definitely. If you can weather that storm, you can get through anything.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, that was awful.

I suspect Marvel would be happier if Wanda-hate were still at that level online; the reaction to this twist seems to be "meh" whereas when Rogue stabbed Wanda in "Uncanny Avengers," there was much more celebrating.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yeah, that was awful.

I suspect Marvel would be happier if Wanda-hate were still at that level online; the reaction to this twist seems to be "meh" whereas when Rogue stabbed Wanda in "Uncanny Avengers," there was much more celebrating.
    I don't think they're really going for a celebration type hype though. But yeah. Everyone guessed it, it leaked a day before (and I had actually seen spoilers of Tommy finding her body and crying "Mommy" even before, though I wasn't sure if it was true), and death matters less than ever nowadays.

Yeah, that was awful.

That was 7 years ago coming right off the heels of AvX. Most people dont really care anymore especially with no real buildup to this cliffhanger

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That was 7 years ago coming right off the heels of AvX. Most people dont really care anymore especially with no real buildup to this cliffhanger
    Agreed. Even Wanda's fans are mostly bitter about her not being used in the year leading up to this thing, not so much the death itself, because no one believes in it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't think they're really going for a celebration type hype though.
    I think all the Pretender hate was a way of trying to stir up Wanda-haters in the fandom while denying that's what they were doing (it's only the bad guys and children who hate her! even though no characters are actually speaking up for her at all!). It just didn't work, partly because her popularity exploded in other media, but mostly because it's just hard to care about M-day after all these years.

Also the X-Men are no longer being dumped on by Marvel, which I think was part of the reason M-Day left such a scar, because it was the start of the X-Men franchise being downplayed, which culminated in the Inhumans push. That's over now.
    Last edited by gurkle; 06-30-2021 at 08:19 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Just stopping in to commiserate and hope this death will be reversed ASAP.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Yeah, definitely. If you can weather that storm, you can get through anything.
    Yeah, that was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Indeed I think we also have to include that that time was the HIGH point of the copyright wars between Disney/Marvel and FOX and it was leaving Allot of of fans angry over changes and usage of characters in the comics, so it sadly made more sense why things where so bad back then fans had allot of worries about the future of mutants and the X-Men.

Now that that is over, I am Glad Disney won that out, Marvel can promote mutants at their hearts desires and I think with this more fans want to see development of characters like Wanda to bring the brands back in greater greatness and if it heals older wounds.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Thank you Reviresco! Much love!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Thank you Reviresco! Much love!
    Indeed Reviresco you are a class act, Thanks SO Much, we will all get threw this and understand this Together!

Extraordinary Member

Jee, why it can't be Death holding Wanda as is the tradition since Mar-Vell?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    My guess is Wanda will be back by the end of the story arc. Comic book death is so cheap these days.
    I think it will be autumn 2022.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Enh! If this is what it takes to make her a mutant once again...so be it. I'll be counting down the minutes to her resurrection.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Funny how they killing both Strange and Wanda when they're about to a movie together next year...

We know the Strange one won't last much but Wanda's death who knows
    Likely not, both mini series end before the film comes out but Marvel loves to be stupid.

Extraordinary Member

What, she's gotta be sexy while dead and making a not so clever art reference... lol.
    I mean, it's usually Death doing this to characters that are dying/dead, in the case of Mar-Vell/Wolverine/etc, at least the story is about the dying/dead.