Page 437 of 774 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441447487537 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,555 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    If Darkhold involves a power up for Wanda it would have been less believable someone killed her without a fight so I’ll take seeing what she can do prior to being corpse so I can question even more how someone was able to take her out
    You talk like Wanda's character, power set, etc would even matter in Trial of Magneto.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    I read the pages online. They made me very sad. I do think Tommys heartbreaking reaction will definitely be part of a plot involving resurrection and I think that she will be revealed to be a mutant but homo supreme perhaps instead of superior. Just a thought but it would be a simple and clean way to bring her back and explain the mutant issues without a huge retcon. Marvel had listed her as that a bit back then let it rest. I read it on the Marvel site but cannot remember exactly where. I think the x office may actually want to use her, be sick of HOM, and clean the slate with this. I used to read my older siblings comics and loved her. Feminine and powerful. Talking their old stuff from the 70's and 80's- lots of which dad gave them. Also loved the more modern Zub maxi series and Heinbergs rendition, Geoff JOHNS and ofc Busiek. Hopefully she will be treated with love. Haven't bought anything Marvel since Zub's 2 Avengers Maxi series and won't till I think she being handled with thought and care again.

Want to thank X fans such as Cocobandz, Havok83, Lucyinthesky, Krakoa and others for the kind words. As a Witch fan it did mean a lot to read them. The X/Wanda fights were painful to read and hopefully the X office will be able to mend that. Here's hoping but watching warily. Sending love ❤️ to all fans.
    Considering the only Homo Supreme is Mr. Immortal, I want Wanda to have similar powers, like infinite respawning through Darkhold magic or something independent of Krakoa protocals.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The House of M issue is going to be large. I don’t think it will be resolved between her and mutants in this mini which looks to be heavily a family story, but I do think there will likely be a crossover fallout from it where the reckoning will come between her and mutants.

House of M is on the mind of the legions of new Wanda fans interested in her from the Wandavision series so it will be very relevant to them as a story in a way most regulars wanted to be over long ago.

They couldn’t print the HoM trades fast enough this year.

Yeah, the sad and horrible reality we are living in. A story about her drives new fan to read a story that ruined her, just ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I mean, it's usually Death doing this to characters that are dying/dead, in the case of Mar-Vell/Wolverine/etc, at least the story is about the dying/dead.
    Yeah both this and Mar-Vell were to play on Michaelangelo's Pieta of Mary holding Jesus. Wanda's is a bit different looking for certain reasons.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, the sad and horrible reality we are living in. A story about her drives new fan to read a story that ruined her, just ironic.
    Yeah.
    Most people think she is a mentally unstable witch who should be burned.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Agreed. Even Wanda's fans are mostly bitter about her not being used in the year leading up to this thing, not so much the death itself, because no one believes in it at all.

I think all the Pretender hate was a way of trying to stir up Wanda-haters in the fandom while denying that's what they were doing (it's only the bad guys and children who hate her! even though no characters are actually speaking up for her at all!). It just didn't work, partly because her popularity exploded in other media, but mostly because it's just hard to care about M-day after all these years.

Also the X-Men are no longer being dumped on by Marvel, which I think was part of the reason M-Day left such a scar, because it was the start of the X-Men franchise being downplayed, which culminated in the Inhumans push. That's over now.
    The Pretender nonsense was clearly done in universe by the Quiet Council and out of universe by Marvel to turn Wanda into a scapegoat; to hide their incompetence (or reluctance) in undo M-Day completely and blame someone else.

That's what happens when you adapt bad stories. The only hope is that Scarlet and Vision Vol 2; which also inspired WandaVision is doing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    That's what happens when you adapt bad stories. The only hope is that Scarlet and Vision Vol 2; which also inspired WandaVision is doing as well.
    Yeah, it was one of the comics that they couldn't keep in stock.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I doubt it.
    It will get a big boost but HoM is a household name and the only time Wanda did something that affected the entire MU.She isn't popular enough to have her own moments or stories be popular(unlike Spider-man,etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I doubt it.
    It will get a big boost but HoM is a household name and the only time Wanda did something that affected the entire MU.She isn't popular enough to have her own moments or stories be popular(unlike Spider-man,etc.)
    Or wasn't.

Vision and the Scarlet Witch, The Scarlet Witch, some Avengers comics she was in that were collected last year and The Vision also sold out this spring and were on back order until just recently. So it is all being bought up by MCU fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I doubt it.
    Why are you on her appreciation thread just to trash on her?

Digibash Marvel legends Gwen Maximoff
    by
    leokearon

https://www.deviantart.com/leokearon...moff-884316064

Still going with my clone theory, so in the spirit of clones, she dyes her hair blonde and calls herself Gwen.

Extraordinary Member

Blonde Scarlet Witch, reminds me more of Toxie Doxie.

Blonde Scarlet Witch, reminds me more of Toxie Doxie.
    I forgot about her.

Well, I was on the fence about picking up The Trial...., but now I HAVE to get it!
    Will be VERY interesting to see how involved Pietro and the Avengers are.
    Could this be a way to reconfigure Wanda as a mutant? And if so, how will that effect Quicksilver?
    All, in all, I’m not thrilled about the prospect of Wanda being dead.....but I do think there’s a WHOLE lot more to the story!