Page 441 of 774 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491541 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    What if you don't have something that forces her fans to sub to another book because of some crap idea that just punishes us more for our character being used as a plot device?
    So far she’s been a plot device for the avengers narrative,
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    For the X-narrative. Everything done to her was to create over a decade of stories for that line. She definitely didn't have that from AD. It was done in the Avengers books, but FOR the x-side.

Again, for the 1000th time, Marvel is one company. They do need to treat Wanda better. They have not even in the X-books. People keep telling us they do for some reason when she's just murdered lol.

Marvel needs to treat her better. But her being in a different franchise:

- Isolates her
    - Forces a lot of her fans to sub to books they wouldn't otherwise
    - Doesn't do any better (a lot worse) at respecting Wanda's history
    - And doesn't have to happen when she could just be a liason
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I don’t care if Wanda is in Avengers or X books I just want her to be given a narrative where she thrives and grows. Let her be able to go back and forth between franchises and be apart of different stories.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member

Said characters don't have a large hate-dom in Avengers, and more important they don't have bunch of casuals running around simping the ever living heck out of Magnus family/Wanda's mutant ties.
    Heck, annoying fans who want Wanda as a brooding mare for mutants in MCU is enough reason for me to reject her connection to X-franchise.
    I get you want to see this connection working wonders to everyone involved, but there are loads of people who have no understanding of the character what so ever simply want her to be plot device for their favs. She as a character is still not properly remembered by the mass majority for what she expereinced and had in actual comics. A long stay in X-franchise will just further muddies the image.

Extraordinary Member

Yet it's still her home, X-characters got used as plot devices as well, you don't see people demanding them to be kicked out of their natural habitat and **** off to somewhere else.
    Annnndd? Are you suggesting Wanda's character switching her oppressor for a change? From abandoned veteran to narrative slave, but this time maybe the master will treat her better?
    And you wanna compare? No Surrender and No Way Home are still better than whatever we get in X-franchise.
    For the short time they do use her, at least there are writers that do give a **** about her.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-01-2021 at 09:24 AM.

First it was, we want her a mutant and related to Mags because we think Wanda is more interesting if she's both a mutant and an Avenger. Now it's, you know she'd be better on our side actually. Even though there's no proof of that. This feels like a heist.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yet it's still her home, X-characters got used as plot devices as well, you don't see people demanding them to be kicked out of their natural habitat and **** off to somewhere else.
    They can even have all their characters back that were on the Avengers. Being an Avenger got muddled anyway by absolutely everyone being one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I don’t care if Wanda is in Avengers or X books I just want her to be given a narrative where she thrives and grows. Let her be able to go back and forth between franchises and be apart of different stories.
    I would accept her having a cameo in X-franchise from time to time without having actual stakes in the stories. Which would mean no risks for her what so ever.
    And of course, be a cold bitch to Magneto to shatter some dreams about the wholesome family.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-01-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    For the X-narrative. Everything done to her was to create over a decade of stories for that line. She definitely didn't have that from AD. It was done in the Avengers books, but FOR the x-side.

Again, for the 1000th time, Marvel is one company. They do need to treat Wanda better. They have not even in the X-books. People keep telling us they do for some reason when she's just murdered lol.

Marvel needs to treat her better. But her being in a different franchise:

- Isolates her
    - Forces a lot of her fans to sub to books they wouldn't otherwise
    - Doesn't do any better (a lot worse) at respecting Wanda's history
    - And doesn't have to happen when she could just be a liason
    If marvel is one company wanda can easily be written as character in the x-men books, she can meet new friends, create exciting bonds, explore her mutant heritage, she’s Not featured anywhere else so I’d really love to be able to read about her again on a monthly basis.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I would accept her having a cameo in X-franchise from time to time without having actual stakes in the stories. Which would mean no risks for her what so ever.
    Yep, as long as she's anchored in her home franchise, it's fine.

If marvel is one company wanda can easily be written as character in the x-men books, she can meet new friends, create exciting bonds, explore her mutant heritage, she’s Not featured anywhere else so I’d really love to be able to read about her again in a monthly basis.
    Marvel has already done enough that erases everything Wanda holds dear for the x-narrative. They don't need to do more damage to that. Her visiting from time to time, fine. Her being out of her home franchise, no. And stop acting like they'd have her in it more, when they didn't to begin with and she's likely gonna be dead again for months.

Wanda has been muddied by both Avengers and X-men there will always be fans who hate her for M-Day regardless if they know Doom did the manipulation. Her going back and forth between Avengers and X books is not a heist. It can be character building I for one don’t believe a character in a franchise should stay exclusively in that franchise let them be used in a story that is positive for them and gives them more depth.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Wanda has been muddied by both Avengers and X-men there will always be fans who hate her for M-Day regardless if they know Doom did the manipulation. Her going back and forth between Avengers and X books is not a heist. It can be character building I for one don’t believe a character in a franchise should stay exclusively in that franchise let them be used in a story that is positive for them and gives them more depth.
    They aren't talking about her going back and forth. They want her in those books because they think it'll be better there when it hasn't. Wanda visiting, fine. Staying there, no.

Extraordinary Member

If marvel is one company wanda can easily be written as character in the x-men books, she can meet new friends, create exciting bonds, explore her mutant heritage, she’s Not featured anywhere else so I’d really love to be able to read about her again on a monthly basis.
    So it's regular lottery to russian revolver.
    One has you dealing with the disappointment of not getting the reward, the other has you fearing for your life.

Granted there is the slim chance she gets treated the way she was in her peak days in Avengers, but let's be real here, she will very likely be an afterthought at best, if not straight up team punching bag for all the **** ups writers can have her do.

This is a very constructive e stance, Wanda could benefit so much from this, it could open the way for a great number of new stories