Page 442 of 774 FirstFirst ... 342392432438439440441442443444445446452492542 ... LastLast
Results 6,616 to 6,630 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Good they can have Pietro back. He works best there. And not using them anyway is conniving when her best showings have been in her own Solo and Zub's Avengers.
    Ehh, honestly I found her solo incredibly dull, and the art is inconsistent from issue to issue. The Emerald Warlock made for a very underwhelming rival, as every magical trap he sprung on Wanda was easily escaped from a page or two later. The only issue I can recommend was the one where the Ringmaster was masquerading as her therapist.

What if you don't have something that forces her fans to sub to another book because of some crap idea that just punishes us more for our character being used as a plot device?
    What books are they subbing to now??? She hasn't been a fixture in the main Avengers since "Uncanny" and a panel or two in "Strange Academy" provides very little gratification.

Joining the X-Men could provide a lot of rehabilitation for the character, it's worked for Emma Frost. Sure, she still has her haters, but decades of stories of her working heroically alongside her former enemies for the betterment of mutantkind makes the arguments against her much weaker to defend.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Ehh, honestly I found her solo incredibly dull, and the art is inconsistent from issue to issue. The Emerald Warlock made for a very underwhelming rival, as every magical trap he sprung on Wanda was easily escaped from a page or two later. The only issue I can recommend was the one where the Ringmaster was masquerading as her therapist.

What books are they subbing to now??? She hasn't been a fixture in the main Avengers since "Uncanny" and a panel or two in "Strange Academy" provides very little gratification.

Joining the X-Men could provide a lot of rehabilitation for the character, it's worked for Emma Frost. Sure, she still has her haters, but decades of stories of her working heroically alongside her former enemies for the betterment of mutantkind makes the arguments against her much weaker to defend.
    I liked her solo. The magic detective stuff was great.

Most Wanda fans do still sub to Avengers comics. Been that way for decades. Yes I'd rather sub to Aaron's Avengers than anything X.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Everything about Wanda is boring. Let us take your character and make her interesting even though we just use her as a punching bag, lol.

Indeed I was having similar thoughts, fighting for the betterment of mutantkind would leave no leg to stand on for all the argument used by her detractors
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Wanda has been muddied by both Avengers and X-men there will always be fans who hate her for M-Day regardless if they know Doom did the manipulation. Her going back and forth between Avengers and X books is not a heist. It can be character building I for one don’t believe a character in a franchise should stay exclusively in that franchise let them be used in a story that is positive for them and gives them more depth.
    The thing is so far her interaction with X-franchise ranges from her being a dumbass, a sad little puppy, Schrödinger's cat in terms of her feelings about Magneto.
    And of course, I cannot wait people to make another wild rant about how Wanda is a boring character before she dropped dead and then get up and join the X-Men, this is what some people said about HOM.
    If anything her new fans need to know her like how she was in her peak days. Her fan image is already twisted enough to the point some will insist she is a mutant in MCU even if they explicitly said her being a "baby witching" using a "probability hex", and then the prophecy.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    The thing is so far her interaction with X-franchise ranges from her being a dumbass, a sad little puppy, Schrödinger's cat in terms of her feelings about Magneto.
    And of course, I cannot wait people to make another wild rant about how Wanda is a boring character before she dropped dead and then get up and join the X-Men, this is what some people said about HOM.
    If anything her new fans need to know her like how she was in her peak days. Her fan image is already twisted enough to the point some will insist she is a mutant in MCU even if they explicitly said her being a "baby witching" using a "probability hex", and then the prophecy.
    But it's so much better for her and makes her more interesting! This stuff has to be to try and get a rise out of us.

Extraordinary Member

I liked her solo. The magic detective stuff was great.

Most Wanda fans do still sub to Avengers comics. Been that way for decades. Yes I'd rather sub to Aaron's Avengers than anything X.
    Let's not degrade ourselves...
    I am a separatist fan but I would skip Aaron at any day. His meddling with Thor's lore legitimately scares me about how he will handle Wanda.

I am a separatist fan but I would skip Aaron at any day. His meddling with Thor's lore legitimately scares me about how he will handle Wanda.
    I don't like how he's handled She-Hulk. But it's still somehow better than how the X-books have treated Wanda for her very few appearances there.

Extraordinary Member

Emma is an X-character before joining X-Men, it's her home franchise regardless of her position in it.
    Wanda fans don't have decades, also if her rehabilitation somehow morphs her into someone unrecognizable, then what is the point?

People will rant about topics they haven’t fully read about or only pick and choose. Let them talk trash about Wanda cause my smile will be big a bright when all is said and done Wanda will be standing on top and their trash talk will be weak.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member

Good for you, I for one cannot stand the endless Mephistp, Magneto, mutants theories when WV is airing.
    Part of the joy of following a franchise be it comics, movie, gaming, etc is the engagement in fandom.
    And her blurred image makes her broader fandom harder to engage in, the disparity of the understanding of said character between different online groups are absurd.
    It will be like Superman fandom never ever shutting up about Injustice supe, and how cool this tyrant is.

There isnt any reasons for me to belive that she will be better on X-men books. It's not like x-men fans want her regular presence on books too.

That scares me as well, I posted about this very argument many months ago, the way they were slowly transitioning Wanda’s codename into some kind of title that could be passed on made me worry about Aaron wanting to write a story about the next scarlet witch.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    That scares me as well, I posted about this very argument many months ago, the way they were slowly transitioning Wanda’s codename into some kind of title that could be passed on made me worry about Aaron wanting to write a story about the next scarlet witch.
    Can't be worse than child-like wonder, being punched, killed and treated like a magic novice. He'll likely follow Hickman and go to the X-side next anyway. Major preference is Zub anyway. Who has had his own Avengers teams since UA.

Emma is an X-character before joining X-Men, it's her home franchise regardless of her position in it.
    Wanda's earliest appearances are still X-Men books. That's like saying Wolverine has no business appearing in the Incredible Hulk titles. They still have a history and he still gels well with the Hulk. Same with the Punisher and Spider-man.

Wanda fans don't have decades, also if her rehabilitation somehow morphs her into someone unrecognizable, then what is the point?
    Why? Are you sick?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"