Page 443 of 774 FirstFirst ... 343393433439440441442443444445446447453493543 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,645 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Wanda's earliest appearances are still X-Men books. That's like saying Wolverine has no business appearing in the Incredible Hulk titles. They still have a history and he still gels well with the Hulk. Same with the Punisher and Spider-man.

Why? Are you sick?
    For like 9 issues and Stan had already planned on making her an Avenger and she's been so for 56 years. Y'all have plenty of characters over there and we only see you guys when Wanda appears in the X-books. What's up with that?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    That scares me as well, I posted about this very argument many months ago, the way they were slowly transitioning Wanda’s codename into some kind of title that could be passed on made me worry about Aaron wanting to write a story about the next scarlet witch.
    That's why I don't want Aaron anywhere near Wanda, he'll just kill her off and make Jane Foster the new Scarlet Witch.

Extraordinary Member

Wanda's earliest appearances are still X-Men books. That's like saying Wolverine has no business appearing in the Incredible Hulk titles. They still have a history and he still gels well with the Hulk. Same with the Punisher and Spider-man.

Why? Are you sick?
    Oh, excuse me but most people don't have decades to spend for things to just get better.

Imagine they doing what they did with the Wasp/Janet having her daughter Hope replacing her and taking all from her character lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Imagine they doing what they did with the Wasp/Janet having her daughter Hope replacing her and taking all from her character lol
    Well, Wiccan’s currently more important than Wanda, that’s for sure

Extraordinary Member

That scares me as well, I posted about this very argument many months ago, the way they were slowly transitioning Wanda’s codename into some kind of title that could be passed on made me worry about Aaron wanting to write a story about the next scarlet witch.
    I would not mind if it's Kya, AKA the coolest AU kid she had.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Sure but it's different, he still having his own Demiurge thing and didn't stole her whole look

It's not like he's on the Avengers main Team posing as her*

Kinda like jean/rachel
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 07-01-2021 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    For like 9 issues and Stan had already planned on making her an Avenger and she's been so for 56 years. Y'all have plenty of characters over there and we only see you guys when Wanda appears in the X-books. What's up with that?
    I dropped in over here before she was in SWORD thank you very much. (And the Avengers also have "plenty of characters," FYI. Nearly every Marvel character at this point has Avengers membership!) It's hard to interact much in appreciation threads when the character barely appears much in the titles.

You seem to think that if a writer is hired to write an X-Men book, they absolutely must have a raging hate boner for Scarlet Witch to get the job. I sincerely think that isn't true. (Sometimes a writer was enjoying great success on a title and the powers that be will move them on to a different title that the publisher wants to push instead.) A writer sometimes DOES have a vendetta against a certain character or past plotline, (aka Dan Slott HATED the old "Spidey and his Amazing Friends" cartoon and when given the opportunity in "Spiderverse" murdered the characters in an extremely graphic way) but you cannot just automatically assume any writer that works on a mutant title has it out for Wanda and/ or Pietro. You have to keep an open mind.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

I dropped in over here before she was in SWORD thank you very much. (And the Avengers also have "plenty of characters," FYI. Nearly every Marvel character at this point has Avengers membership!) It's hard to interact much in appreciation threads when the character barely appears much in the titles.

You seem to think that if a writer is hired to write an X-Men book, they absolutely must have a raging hate boner for Scarlet Witch to get the job. I sincerely think that isn't true. (Sometimes a writer was enjoying great success on a title and the powers that be will move them on to a different title that the publisher wants to push instead.) A writer sometimes DOES have a vendetta against a certain character or past plotline, (aka Dan Slott HATED the old "Spidey and his Amazing Friends" cartoon and when given the opportunity in "Spiderverse" murdered the characters in an extremely graphic way) but you cannot just automatically assume any writer that works on a mutant title has it out for Wanda and/ or Pietro. You have to keep an open mind.
    Every character having Avengers membership deluded the Avengers down.

What proves that the x-side is especially capable of handling Wanda well? They haven't so far.

I'm way past having an open mind after all these years and all the bs we tolerated from x-fans. I'm just way done.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 07-01-2021 at 10:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member

They function as different character instead of straight up replacement. It's not like they are giving Billy thr content Wanda could have had.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think any of the writers have a hateboner for Wanda -- no, not even Bendis. They take the assignments they're given by editors, and Marvel editorial decided at some point that they didn't want to use Wanda on the Avengers but they did want to kill her off for a story about Magneto.

It's not Leah Williams's fault that this story is being done, but she's never written Wanda before, and Wanda has not interacted with a single X-Man except Magneto (for three pages) while this "Pretender" nonsense was going on. So it will be a mystery where all but one of the suspects hasn't talked to her in years, written by someone who has never written Wanda, and it will follow a year where she was not used at all.

People are free to enjoy it, and if it turns out to be better than expected I'll enjoy it too. But there's no reason for Wanda's fans to hope that this story will treat her well. If she'd actually appeared in the story and gotten character development leading up to the murder, that's different. But as it is, the story has nothing to do with her.

Yeah I fully believe this stuff is mandated from the very top.

Why would you post this in her appreciation thread?

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't think any of the writers have a hateboner for Wanda -- no, not even Bendis. They take the assignments they're given by editors, and Marvel editorial decided at some point that they didn't want to use Wanda on the Avengers but they did want to kill her off for a story about Magneto.

It's not Leah Williams's fault that this story is being done, but she's never written Wanda before, and Wanda has not interacted with a single X-Man except Magneto (for three pages) while this "Pretender" nonsense was going on. So it will be a mystery where all but one of the suspects hasn't talked to her in years, written by someone who has never written Wanda, and it will follow a year where she was not used at all.

People are free to enjoy it, and if it turns out to be better than expected I'll enjoy it too. But there's no reason for Wanda's fans to hope that this story will treat her well. If she'd actually appeared in the story and gotten character development leading up to the murder, that's different. But as it is, the story has nothing to do with her.
    I’m totally a wanda fan and I have every reason to keep hoping and wishing for the character to be featured and respected, even in mutant centered titles.
    As a wanda fan I’m much more concerned for how she’s been mistreated in avengers centered titles.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I’m totally a wanda fan and I have every reason to keep hoping and wishing for the character to be featured snd respected, even in mutant centered titles and as a wanda fan I’m much more concerned for how she’s been mistreated in avengers centered titles.
    Which is very selective. Since she hasn't been treated well in the x-titles and was in Zub's Avengers and her solo.