Page 444 of 774 FirstFirst ... 344394434440441442443444445446447448454494544 ... LastLast
Results 6,646 to 6,660 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Which is very selective. Since she hasn't been treated well in the x-titles either.
    Actually it’s just a reasonable consequence of the fact that x-books never had creative control over her and could only react to what was printed and decided in titles centered around the avengers
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Actually it’s just a reasonable consequence of the fact that x-books never had creative control over her and could only react to what was printed and decided in titles centered around the avengers
    They won't have creative control now and it means nothing to how they portrayed her. Instead she'll have stories centered around the X-Men. Which has been her narrative for 17 years and never worked out. Because no matter how you try to compartmentalize it, Marvel as a company did this. And she was changed for x-stories.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    There isnt any reasons for me to belive that she will be better on X-men books. It's not like x-men fans want her regular presence on books too.
    Well the thing is you have to look at is this-

The only reason I see her being dragged to the X-Men is to MILK off of Wandavison. If there is a season 2 and she is used in the X-books-those trades will be X-books.

I mean it's no different than Harley and Suicide Squad and Birds of Prey.

With that said I would be WORRIED if I am the fans of certain characters about Wanda. You get her back but whose's favorite is going to pay for it.

If she becomes a mutant again and gets usage-at WHOSE expense does that usage comes at?

She will take a spot from someone else. Who will it be? Prodigy? Synch? How long have Storm fans waited? They had to go to someone else's book to see her doing anything. We are talking almost 17 years.

You get to the point you tire of hearing big things are planned and you see NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well the thing is you have to look at is this-

The only reason I see her being dragged to the X-Men is to MILK off of Wandavison. If there is a season 2 and she is used in the X-books-those trades will be X-books.

I mean it's no different than Harley and Suicide Squad and Birds of Prey.

With that said I would be WORRIED if I am the fans of certain characters about Wanda. You get her back but whose's favorite is going to pay for it.

If she becomes a mutant again and gets usage-at WHOSE expense does that usage comes at?

She will take a spot from someone else. Who will it be? Prodigy? Synch? How long have Storm fans waited? They had to go to someone else's book to see her doing anything. We are talking almost 17 years.

You get to the point you tire of hearing big things are planned and you see NOTHING.
    There's no season 2 for Wandavision and the first season had nothing to do with the X-Men.

Wanda should be liason at most. Put Pietro back on an X-factor team or something for a new run.

They won't have creative control now and it means nothing to how they portrayed her. Instead she'll have stories centered around the X-Men. Which has been her narrative for 17 years and never worked out. Because no matter how you try to compartmentalize it, Marvel as a company did this. And she was changed for x-stories.
    We already know we disagree on this matter, we see things from different perspectives, I explained why I feel the way I feel, what else is there to say…….I guess we can only wait and see
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

We already know we disagree on this matter, we see things from different perspectives, I explained why I feel the way I feel, what else is there to say…….I guess we can only wait and see
    For sure there.

For sure there.
    I also would like to point out that not wanting her to be a regular in x-men books is a compartmentalization all in itself, if marvel is one company any franchise should be allowed to use wanda. Otherwise if only the avengers can use her than the responsibility of her downfall its entirely on their offices

Extraordinary Member

I also would like to point out that not wanting her to be a regular in x-men books is a compartmentalization all in itself, if marvel is one company any franchise should be allowed to use wanda. Otherwise if only the avengers can use her than the responsibility of her downfall its entirely on their offices
    I think if the X-Men books had used Wanda leading up to this, it would be a different story.

She appeared only twice in this entire status quo, once in a small role in that Empyre tie-in (which hinted she would die, but didn't let her interact with any X-Men characters), then a few pages last week just to set up her death.

I want to see Wanda used, and I don't care where. But being saved for this X-Men story hasn't resulted in her being used at all.

There was a similar issue with Decimation: she never appeared in any of those comics, so it certainly wasn't making her more relevant and prominent.

No it's including them in the crap cake that was made of this character over the years. Because she was changed and excluded because of an event that concluded in their books and never treated well in those books. She at least has a couple of recent Avengers appearances that are nice. They don't get excluded because she's with the Avengers office, which has nothing to do with how she was treated in the x-books. Or because of some fantasy that magically she'd get treated better over there. And that it's better for her somehow when it hasn't been yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think if the X-Men books had used Wanda leading up to this, it would be a different story.

She appeared only twice in this entire status quo, once in a small role in that Empyre tie-in (which hinted she would die, but didn't let her interact with any X-Men characters), then a few pages last week just to set up her death.

I want to see Wanda used, and I don't care where. But being saved for this X-Men story hasn't resulted in her being used at all.

There was a similar issue with Decimation: she never appeared in any of those comics, so it certainly wasn't making her more relevant and prominent.
    I want the house of m angst dead and buried, I don’t care who uses her as long as she’s loved and respected, the strategy of isolation and detachment from her mutant root hasn’t worked at all and only led to her disappearance, so I’m convinced it is time to tackle the issue heads on, there needs to be full reconciliation with her mutant side otherwise she will never be free of this poisonous baggage.

No it's including them in the crap cake that was made of this character over the years. Because she was changed and excluded because of an event that concluded in their books and never treated well in those books. She at least has a couple of recent Avengers appearances that are nice.
    The x-books were never allowed to dictate her creative direction therefore they have 0 responsibility.

The x-books were never allowed to dictate her creative direction therefore they have 0 responsibility.
    That's bs when all of it was done for their sake so they'd have 17 years worth of stories and she's even being used as a plot device now for their stories. Where is she? DEAD!

I want the house of m angst dead and buried, I don’t care who uses her as long as she’s loved and respected, the strategy of isolation and detachment from her mutant root hasn’t worked at all and only led to her disappearance, so I’m convinced it is time to tackle the issue heads on, there needs to be full reconciliation with her mutant side otherwise she will never be free of this poisonous baggage.
    That can be done with her still being A-side and just a liason for x-stuff.

The X-Office is responsable for what's happening now and I guess House of M but I don't see how anything besides that from the last 17 years is their fault...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The X-Office is responsable for what's happening now and I guess House of M but I don't see how anything besides that from the last 17 years is their fault...
    Well that's what's hampered Wanda...