Page 445 of 774 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455495545 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,675 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That's bs when all of it was done for their sake so they'd have 17 years worth of stories and she's even being used as a plot device now for their stories. Where is she? DEAD!
    Dead in a place where death no longer has any meaning though. (And yes I am talking about Krakoa, not the comic book industry itself, lol.)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

That's bs when all of it was done for their sake so they'd have 17 years worth of stories and she's even being used as a plot device now for their stories. Where is she? DEAD!
    What sake, it is common knowledge marvel executives were at war with fox and wanted the x franchise to be put on brakes in favor of inhumans and other properties, the x-men fans hated the last 10+ years as well, they x books gained nothing
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Dead in a place where death no longer has any meaning though. (And yes I am talking about Krakoa, not the comic book industry itself, lol.)
    Death has no meaning at all in comics. It's not good treatment though.

Wanda:

- Did not have to die if they want to make her a mutant
    - Could have been redeemed for M-day 10 years ago during Children's Crusade
    - Is hurt more by this due to non-use because the character was already wrecked for x-narrative.

So now she should be pulled from her home franchise to a franchise that was hostile to her because she was wrecked so much by the x-narrative that she was non-usable. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    What sake, it is common knowledge marvel executives were at war with fox and wanted the x franchise to be put on brakes in favor of inhumans and other properties, the x-men fans hated the last 10+ years as well, they x books gained nothing
    They were not at war with fox in 2005. That didn't start to become a thing until 2014. It was for the sake of writers to have stories for the next 17 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The X-Office is responsable for what's happening now and I guess House of M but I don't see how anything besides that from the last 17 years is their fault...
    Hey wiccan the editor for house of M was brevoort and the writer was bendis (an avegers writer at the time), the xbooks had to deal with the fall out called “decimation”
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Hey wiccan the editor for house of M was brevoort and the writer was bendis (an avegers writer at the time), the xbooks had to deal with the fall out called “decimation”
    Yes and they did that for x-stories. Which was where Bendis would end up next.

They were not at war with fox in 2005. That didn't start to become a thing until 2014. It was for the sake of writers to have stories for the next 17 years.
    Not true, quesada wanted house of m to wipe out mutants in order to reduce their prominence and switch the focus to avengers properties , from there it only got progressively worse

Not true, quesada wanted house of m to wipe out mutants in order to reduce their prominence and switch the focus to avengers properties , from there it only got progressively worse
    And that had nothing to do with Fox. Because the studios did not start to war with each other until 2014. And that's when they pulled the F4 from comics, toned back on X-comics, pulled everything from merchandise and games.

Yes and they did that for x-stories. Which was where Bendis would end up next.
    Trying to pass house of m as a gift to the x-franchise it’s an exercise in futility imo

Trying to pass house of m as a gift to the x-franchise it’s an exercise in futility imo
    Not a gift to fans, a gift to writers. Writers never care if your faves are treated well. They want stories to tell.

Extraordinary Member

They reduced the number to make them "a convincing minority", it's dumb but the fact none of the major X-characters being depowered should tell you something.
    Do you honestly think random background mutants that is basically just a number affects the franchise's overall prominence?

Yeah it still held a lot of prominence and the comics sold well, so that told Marvel they were doing everything right.

Extraordinary Member

So is trying to spin Wanda's X-franchise experience as some kind of divine blessing.
    In both cases Wanda's drama breeds narrative for X-franchise, that is for sure, whether X-fans like it or not is another totally different issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    They reduced the number to make them "a convincing minority", it's dumb but the fact none of the major X-characters being depowered should tell you something.
    Do you honestly think random background mutants that is basically just a number affects the franchise's overall prominence?
    198 mutants out of 7 billion humans does not make a convincing minority

198 mutants out of 7 billion humans does not make a convincing minority
    Tell Quesada that. I felt it was dumb from the beginning.