Page 446 of 774 FirstFirst ... 346396436442443444445446447448449450456496546 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,690 of 11598
    Ultimate Member

Or they could've just dropped the minority angle in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yes and they did that for x-stories. Which was where Bendis would end up next.
    But that wasn't until after his very hefty Avengers run though. And that ended with AvX which was sort of an attempted redemption of Wanda ("Make more mutants!") When he got to X-Men he really had nothing much of any value to say. (It all just builds to a group photo outside the Capitol.)

If anything Bendis threw Wanda under the bus to tell us more Spiderwoman, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones stories. Because that was really all that happened in Avengers until the movies started to take priority in the office.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    198 mutants out of 7 billion humans does not make a convincing minority
    I said it's dumb, you won't get an argument from me because we will both agree it's dumb.
    But that is the actual editorial reasoning.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Don't you guys get tired of arguing about the same thing over and over again? LOL

My stance on all this is: I like Wanda as an Avenger and witch better. I don't mind if she's a mutant/daughter of Magneto, but I agree that this connection has proven to be very toxic and unhealthy for her in a lot of stories, so it shouldn't be at the center of the character. I don't mind if the retcon gets undone, but they shouldn't retcon her solo book. As for appearing in X-books; the X-Office can borrow her, but not own her.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Well, Wiccan’s currently more important than Wanda, that’s for sure
    He currently appears more in comic books, but that doesn't necessarily translate to more importance overall, specially since comics are so niche. Wanda still has more appearances in media outside of comics, which tend to be more popular (games, animation, live-action). I'd argue WandaVision alone made Wanda a lot more important than Billy has ever been. He hasn't had that kinda breakthrough role yet.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-03-2021 at 09:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member

What if when Wanda is reborn on Krakoa, she takes Franklin’s place as the 14th omega level mutant.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I want the house of m angst dead and buried, I don’t care who uses her as long as she’s loved and respected, the strategy of isolation and detachment from her mutant root hasn’t worked at all and only led to her disappearance, so I’m convinced it is time to tackle the issue heads on, there needs to be full reconciliation with her mutant side otherwise she will never be free of this poisonous baggage.
    I don't think the failure to use her has anything to do with the retcon or M-day baggage, just as the Avengers office could easily have used her after House of M and chose not to.

It's not the X-men editors' fault that the Avengers won't use her, but I have no reason to believe the X-Men books will give her any panel time, because they haven't during the "Pretender" nonsense.

If they'd had Wanda show up and react to the "Pretender" and the people who are demonizing her, and talked to the characters who are going to be suspects in this murder mystery... then i might look forward to this story.

But based on what we've had so far, this will have nothing to do with Wanda and won't lead to her getting used. If Hickman and co. wouldn't use her when she was alive, why would they use her now?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    But that wasn't until after his very hefty Avengers run though. And that ended with AvX which was sort of an attempted redemption of Wanda ("Make more mutants!") When he got to X-Men he really had nothing much of any value to say. (It all just builds to a group photo outside the Capitol.)

If anything Bendis threw Wanda under the bus to tell us more Spiderwoman, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones stories. Because that was really all that happened in Avengers until the movies started to take priority in the office.
    No he threw most Avengers under the bus to have Heroes for Hire as Avengers.

Wanda was wrecked for the x-narrative. Where as AD hasn't been nearly as lasting. That was forgiven almost immediately.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post

That I agree, Bendis took the opportunity to write his actual favs, and sometimes Avengers of course.
    He created the condition for X-franchise extinction plot line rehashing, but he didn't really enforce it.

We'll keep Wanda in the X-Office for as long as they hold the Phoenix hostage in the Avengers office. Anyone willing to trade?

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    So is trying to spin Wanda's X-franchise experience as some kind of divine blessing.
    In both cases Wanda's drama breeds narrative for X-franchise, that is for sure, whether X-fans like it or not is another totally different issue.
    I don’t claim to have a crystal ball, I can only hope for a better future, I will keep wishing something better for Wanda and for inclusion, because the technique used so far has only excluded her from everything.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Don't you guys get tired of arguing about the same thing over and over again? LOL

My instance on all this is: I like Wanda as an Avenger and witch better. I don't mind if she's a mutant/daughter of Magneto, but I agree that this connection has proven to be very toxic and unhealthy for her in a lot of stories, so it shouldn't be at the center of the character/ I don't mind if the retcon gets undone, but they shouldn't retcon her solo book. As for appearing in X-books; the X-Office can borrow her, but not own her.

He currently appears more in comic books, but that doesn't necessarily translate to more importance overall, specially since comics are so niche. Wanda still has more appearances in media outside of comics, which tend to be more popular (games, animation, live-action). I'd argue WandaVision alone made Wanda a lot more important than Billy has ever been. He hasn't had that kinda breakthrough role yet.
    I mean importance within universe.
    Billy’s currently the husband of the Kree/Skrull Emperor.

Extraordinary Member

What if when Wanda is reborn on Krakoa, she takes Franklin’s place as the 14th omega level mutant.
    Who cares, pointless title.

How about no!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

My instance on all this is: I like Wanda as an Avenger and witch better. I don't mind if she's a mutant/daughter of Magneto, but I agree that this connection has proven to be very toxic and unhealthy for her in a lot of stories, so it shouldn't be at the center of the character. I don't mind if the retcon gets undone, but they shouldn't retcon her solo book. As for appearing in X-books; the X-Office can borrow her, but not own her.

What else should we do?
    Arguing about her eye color instead?
    Seriously though, are her eyes green in X-Factor?

I would love that very much, it’s not a secret at this point.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”