Page 453 of 774 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463503553 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,795 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    The updated head sculpt of Hot Toys Scarlet Witch from WandaVision

The old version

I kind of liked the old face better. But still want the figure.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I personally do not favor another retcon that make Wanda, Magneto's daughter - as such.

I like the idea that High Ev's work was an attempt to 'fabricate' his own mutants, as he did this work constantly. And was known to have worked with others who were exploring, experimenting on such.

I think that a biological explanation could be that a sample of M's DNA was available to High EV and he used it in the creation/tinkering of the twins.
    that is all. A DNA tracing shows Magneto's genes, but not necessarily the actual 'X' -gene.

High Evolutionary, being a consummate scientist, was able to duplicate the process so well

That Quicksilver and Pietro were falsely thought to be mutants.

In a sense, they are, but as I said, 'artificially created'.

High Ev's work possibly even fooled/mystified Reed's findings about mutants during Luna's birth.
    Yeah I'm not for another retcon either. And feel it's not necessary to get her back into the fray. I also feel there are less complicated ways of doing it then the Crucible theory.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Can't, Wanda apparently killed Agatha around Disassembled. Interestingly in her own ongoing Wanda denies that she did.
    They never really actually confirmed she killed Agatha. They just assumed. And they never showed her attack her. Just yell at her over something Wanda already knew for years. Agatha also can't ever really die. She goes into astral form then brings herself back.

Chthon would make more sense.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 07-02-2021 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    yes, because they can totally retcon that. Agatha can be inside Wanda or Ebony.

I was disappointed that WV turned Agatha into a villain at first, but I've accepted it and can accept her being a villain in 616 too.
    Ebony has been dead since The Vision. Agatha is back alive

What if all Wand's troubles from Decimation on end up being the fault of Agatha all along?
    It'd make better sense for it to be Chthon. Wanda doesn't have the same antagonistic relationship to Agatha in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Brand View Post
    Once again, these are all your assumptions that Hickman hates her, based on the scenario moves that the author made, if Hickman himself had said in an interview that he hated her, it would have been a different conversation. it makes no sense to say that the character will be dead just because of dislike for the author's character. There are always higher people who tell the author what to do, tomorrow Hickman will hate Wolverine or Thor, and then what? And it often happens that the success of a character in films and TV shows affects any media, including comics.Money is more important than personal motives in this situation.
    Writers never usually say they hate a character. Editor Jeanine Schaeffer did say she hated Wanda at NYCC.

Writers just don't use characters they don't care for.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It'd make better sense for it to be Chthon. Wanda doesn't have the same antagonistic relationship to Agatha in comics.
    So you want them to write stories they have already exactly wrote. Not me, i like changes.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

So you want them to write stories they have already exactly wrote. Not me, i like changes.
    No I want them to follow Wanda's canon. And Chthon was behind her possession before. The link despite that earlier story hasn't really been explored. It's just something known about her.

They never really actually confirmed she killed Agatha. They just assumed. And they never showed her attack her. Just yell at her over something Wanda already knew for years. Agatha also can't ever really die. She goes into astral form then brings herself back.

Chthon would make more sense.
    Chthon would make more sense way more sense. It was assumed Wanda had killed Agatha, in her ongoing Agatha says that Wanda did kill her, but Wanda denies that it was her.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Chthon would make more sense way more sense. It was assumed Wanda had killed Agatha, in her ongoing Agatha says that Wanda did kill her, but Wanda denies that it was her.
    Yeah I think Marvel isn't making it Wanda as a way of going back on the shock of the moment. But they never did show Wanda killing her either. Agatha could just remember wrong, or Wanda remembers wrong. But Agatha can't really die. That's how she's survived so long. She 'died' before. She always comes back. She's too strong of a witch to die.

Extraordinary Member

Wanda was never allowed to face Chthon directly before, so having her fight her arch nemesis head on for oce would be a change.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah I think Marvel isn't making it Wanda as a way of going back on the shock of the moment. But they never did show Wanda killing her either. Agatha could just remember wrong, or Wanda remembers wrong. But Agatha can't really die. That's how she's survived so long. She 'died' before. She always comes back. She's too strong of a witch to die.
    I recall Brevoort or someone saying that Agatha was not killed by Wanda, she'd been in that house as a corpse for a long time.

The scene wasn't written in a clear way, but it was supposed to suggest that when Wanda went to Agatha and learned about "chaos magic," that was either a figment of her imagination, or maybe someone else, or a construct she created, but anyway, Agatha had been dead all along. That was what the "no such thing as chaos magic" line was supposed to be refer to, because it was Agatha who told Wanda about chaos magic, and if Agatha was dead then something else was going on.

Yeah Agatha is doesn't stay dead for long, especially as you don't want a snarky ghost haunting you.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I recall Brevoort or someone saying that Agatha was not killed by Wanda, she'd been in that house as a corpse for a long time.

The scene wasn't written in a clear way, but it was supposed to suggest that when Wanda went to Agatha and learned about "chaos magic," that was either a figment of her imagination, or maybe someone else, or a construct she created, but anyway, Agatha had been dead all along. That was what the "no such thing as chaos magic" line was supposed to be refer to, because it was Agatha who told Wanda about chaos magic, and if Agatha was dead then something else was going on.
    Yeah I think they meant to have Agatha dead since right after WCA. You are right, they were trying to use that to illegitimize Chaos Magic. Because they were trying to erase everything true about Wanda.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Yeah I think they meant to have Agatha dead since right after WCA. You are right, they were trying to use that to illegitimize Chaos Magic. Because they were trying to erase everything true about Wanda.
    A Local Comic Book store owner I am good friends with gets more ticked about that then I do cause of how bluntly bad the No Chaos Magic thing was, that is why it did not stick well with readers and fans in the real world thank goodness, a Bendis Cop Out.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!