Page 457 of 774 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457458459460461467507557 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,855 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    re: when Darkhold takes place -- keep in mind that the story also features Spider-Man and given current events being teased for that line, would also not be possible as a present-set story.
    It can be set after trial and before Spider-Man beyond. Pls don't create more excuses
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I think Wanda is included in both the magneto scene and with the Skrull with Frenzy(in name) because she is the God-mother of Kree-Skrull alliance.
    If anything her death specially on Krakoa and even more if magneto is a suspect will definitely have ramifications on space politics.

Darkhold is probably before the trial, it was written a Year or so Back.
    If Darkhold was written before,it should take priority over whatever is the fridging of Scarlet Witch.
    But Marvel priority is never the character

The fact that hickman was one of the writers of AvX, where Wanda was brought just to help the Avengers in the Phoenix five fights and then that moment with Hope creating new mutants or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    The fact that hickman was one of the writers of AvX, where Wanda was brought just to help the Avengers in the Phoenix five fights and then that moment with Hope creating new mutants or whatever.
    It had many writers, so we can't know what is his idea or others writers. The fact that he never used her on his giant avengers roster speaks louder

The Best TV Shows of 2021 (So Far): From ‘Hacks’ to ‘WandaVision’
    https://news.yahoo.com/best-tv-shows...084849338.html

WandaVision: At this point, if you still need me to explain why this show is good, it is very clear you have no straight men in your life.

Wanda fans have found tweets of Leah calling Wanda one of her comicbook girlfriends along with other comicbook girls, so i'm curious about how she feels about her and how will she write her in this book, (so far she got murderer) and i know this is Magnus central book...

But then i remember we're in the hickman era where Wanda has been demonized and humilliated: first by Strange in the empyre mini and also the way she got murderer, a powerful sorceress with years of experience in a superhero Team getting strangled? C'mon now

Wanda fans have found tweets of Leah calling Wanda one of her comicbook girlfriends along with other comicbook girls, so i'm curious about how she feels about her and how will she write her in this book, (so far she got murderer) and i know this is Magnus central book...

But then i remember we're in the hickman era where Wanda has been demonized and humilliated: first by Strange in the empyre mini and also the way she got murderer, a powerful sorceress with years of experience in a superhero Team getting strangled? C'mon now
    At least it seems like she likes the character, but with her writings skills a disaster can happen. What she did with Prodigy on last issues of x-factor was awfull enough

The event seems heavily editorially mandated and it involves a lot of Krakoa politics.
    She got the worse treatment Everytime she show up on a x-men books

I don't think liking or disliking a character indicates how they are treated.

Most of the time writers like to pick apart characters and put them back together (unless they are Bendis). Sometimes things are mandated.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    re: when Darkhold takes place -- keep in mind that the story also features Spider-Man and given current events being teased for that line, would also not be possible as a present-set story.
    Marvel needs to stop with the death count and they wouldn't have this problem.

Extraordinary Member

I agree with Relugus that Wanda might stay dead for a while to jump-start some other plots... or then again she might not. It really all hinges on how much the status quo changes after "Inferno," which will be wrapping up around the same time as this story.

Is the "trial of Magneto" story intended to set up stories about other characters (Billy, Tommy, Teddy, Magneto) angsting over her death? Or is it something they just have to do as quickly as possible after they delayed it from 2020?

I have no idea and arguing about it probably won't do much good, since she has no stories in the last two years for us to go on -- all the "clues" in the miniseries will be things we're learning for the first time.

I'll try to keep my pessimism in check for now. It's not like the next two months of Wanda being "dead" are going to be any different from the last couple of years when she was technically alive but unused.

Extraordinary Member

Functional death at least allows some peace and quiet...
    While in this case you will have to fear the things turn out for worse.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-03-2021 at 09:11 AM.

Exactly, a writer's feelings can easily be overwritten by Editorial Mandate, it happened with Kelly Thompson on WCA and with Dan Dido's hatred of Nightwaing over at DC.

Extraordinary Member

I don't have any reason to believe Hickman hates Wanda, he's just indifferent to her. He never had her, Vision or Wasp in his Avengers run because he was pretty up-front about the fact that he has no interest in the classic Avengers, so he used a combination of the movie lineup and his own favorites like Cannonball and Sunspot.

He wrote her as an idiot in "Empyre" and deserves all the backlash for that, but he makes a lot of characters act like idiots.

If Wanda continues to be unused it'll be less from hatred and more from indifference.

Extraordinary Member

And she is a freaking useful tool, having enough worth as narrative resource but not enough to be considered a character on her own right.
    That's why she cannot even be left alone.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't have any reason to believe Hickman hates Wanda, he's just indifferent to her. He never had her, Vision or Wasp in his Avengers run because he was pretty up-front about the fact that he has no interest in the classic Avengers, so he used a combination of the movie lineup and his own favorites like Cannonball and Sunspot.

He wrote her as an idiot in "Empyre" and deserves all the backlash for that, but he makes a lot of characters act like idiots.

If Wanda continues to be unused it'll be less from hatred and more from indifference.
    It might not be Hickman, it could easily be a higher-up pushing their anti-Wanda agenda on the Bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

Yeah it could be just possible that he just preferred to write and use certain Avengers. But also in the few times he's written her, he doesn't seem to have a grasp on who she is, so it might be for the better.