Page 458 of 774 FirstFirst ... 358408448454455456457458459460461462468508558 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    [/B]
    Exactly, a writer's feelings can easily be overwritten by Editorial Mandate, it happened with Kelly Thompson on WCA and with Dan Dido's hatred of Nightwaing over at DC.
    What happened with Thompson on WCA?
    Trial og magneto seems to be editorially mandated, the book wasnt building up momentum for that.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    And she is a freaking useful tool, having enough worth as narrative resource but not enough to be considered a character on her own right.
    That's why she cannot even be left alone.
    It's a trend since House of M, I really hope this will be last time
    Last edited by Writerblog; 07-03-2021 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    What happened with Thompson on WCA?
    She was told by the Higher Ups to put Quentin Quire on the team, even though she didn't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    She was told by the Higher Ups to put Quentin Quire on the team, even though she didn't want to.
    OMFG I had no idea!!! I think this explains why he is always having some star role on a book. I always saw fans hating on him, so this is a big surprise.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Well, at least we're getting pretty art out of it.

I am optimistic for the outcome of this story. I think Wanda will come more into editorial favor in the future, as she is getting popular in the movies.

Extraordinary Member

Just saying mate, I genuinely don't know what is your deal. Like I cannot tell if you are being sarcastic or not sonetimes.

Again, we could use some optimism, but again her MCU popularity don't really help.

I can’t decide if I want Wanda to be brought back through the resurrection protocols or through magical means. Imagine her being reborn Gandalf style as Wanda the White, that would be kind of rad.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    If Wanda continues to be unused it'll be less from hatred and more from indifference.
    It could be an editorial mandate. Just because a writer doesn’t use a character, it doesn’t mean that they dislike them. Editors and upper management have characters that can and can’t be used based on whatever reason that might be valid. Being used in a story that’s coming up, waiting for film/synergy, not being used because film/tv content won’t allow them too, the reasons are endless.

I could see this being a way to turn Wanda back into a mutant…

Just saying mate, I genuinely don't know what is your deal. Like I cannot tell if you are being sarcastic or not sonetimes.

Again, we could use some optimism, but again her MCU popularity don't really help.
    very clear MCU doesn't matter on Wanda case. There isn't a lot of synergy going on anymore

I'm beting more on some executive seeing great sales for ctrades with th chaarcters and asking why there isn't new material from her. They are leaving money on the table

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I am optimistic for the outcome of this story. I think Wanda will come more into editorial favor in the future, as she is getting popular in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    very clear MCU doesn't matter on Wanda case. There isn't a lot of synergy going on anymore

I'm beting more on some executive seeing great sales for ctrades with th chaarcters and asking why there isn't new material from her. They are leaving money on the table
    At this point I’ve come to except to a degree The Marvel Comics itself was entirely of the ball and caught off guard by the success of WandaVision.

I also blame Covid for that as well too, since Darkhold supposed to be out before this all happened.

Their not real overall or entirely good excuses, By the way has turned out.

In my opinion enough time has now passed this is the moment to finally have synergy with that, the telephone and soul and the popularity Wanda has attained from it.

I am very cautiously optimistic about this event, but very hesitant to say it’s entirely good or bad, my take is to take each step at a time, a.k.a. each issue with what he gives us but also the thing overall but they might be going forward this. At this point it is what it is, But now marvel is off the bat to prove themselves they have Wanda’s best interest in mind or at least starting to run with the very least.

In the end some Optimism can be started because of how big they seem to be making horrendous, but they have a long road to prove this is a watershed moment.

I Know WitchFan is being real with their feels on this and it mirrors others I have seen and another I have talked to outside of CBR concerning this. So Cation Optimism is good, but must be tempered with holding accountable Marvel With Each step They Take with this and our Wanda.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Well there was bit of synergy for Black widow, Loki and the Falcon and the winter soldier since they got comics last year

It was just WandaVision that didn't have anything (yeah Covid happened but it seems like it didn't affect the other series/movie)

Well like I said, there were also characters like Tony, Cap and War Machine who had storylines that definitely didn't bank off the MCU.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Well there was bit of synergy for Black widow, Loki and the Falcon and the winter soldier since they got comics last year

It was just WandaVision that didn't have anything (yeah Covid happened but it seems like it didn't affect the other series/movie)
    Yeah that’s why I feel they have very few excuses at this point, and the ones that they do say what song they were off the balk very badly even with them. I am more than happy to see them getting caught with their pants down, cause honestly No matter how much I love Marvel and Comics in general, How they have treated Wanda and other characters for that matter has been a big black eye on their faces for a long time.

It is very late, But this is the watershed moment maybe to prove they might start to get something, if not then we cross that bridge when we get their.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    At this point I’ve come to except to a degree The Marvel Comics itself was entirely of the ball and caught off guard by the success of WandaVision.
    I think you're pretty right CJ. One would wonder if they had any idea at all. So I'm glad.

I truly believe that Wanda's death is not really true, some bait and switch plot. Replaced by a Skrull or other shapeshifter even. We shall see.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Fantastic Member

Trial of Magneto and Darkhold will be out in trades early next year, so its possible Marvel will say "that'll do", and throw a few variant covers around. Job done.

Then we'll get a big push for America Chavez when Doctor Strange Multiverse of Shenanigans comes out.
    Last edited by Relugus; 07-03-2021 at 02:59 PM.