Page 460 of 774 FirstFirst ... 360410450456457458459460461462463464470510560 ... LastLast
Results 6,886 to 6,900 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, I would prefer magical means just so she is not in debt to Krakoa.
    Like she learnt a trick or two from Darkhold.
    Also given she is his vessel, Chthon could resurrect her.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    With all the powers the mutants possess, a police inquiry is hard to conduct. Poor Wanda… Nothing was spared to her…
    Yeah, logically there would be no need for a trial unless Magneto is actually guilty.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Also given she is his vessel, Chthon could resurrect her.
    I mean, I had a headcanon(kinda based on the Darkhold: Pages from the book of Sin comic) that Wanda's stories are recorded in the Darkhold just like how there is a Darkhold page dedicated to Atum.
    It could well very serve as her own "backup".

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I mean, I had a headcanon(kinda based on the Darkhold: Pages from the book of Sin comic) that Wanda's stories are recorded in the Darkhold just like how there is a Darkhold page dedicated to Atum.
    It could well very serve as her own "backup".
    It's possible, all they need then is the Darkhold

Never doubt ye old bait and switch. I'm telling you.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Thinking about the family tree from the cancelled Vision sequel mini-series.

I'd seen this image a million times before, but I never realized it says Wanda's parents are Erik and Natalya. That's an interesting take. I don't necessarily think it means anything, specially since the whole book was cancelled, but it brings the question as to how Viv came to this conclusion. I think it's possible that since Wanda never found out who her biological father was, she just went with the most recent information she had about it. Although I wish they had included Django and Marya instead, since they were, for all intents and purposes, the real parents of the Maximoffs. No matter what retcons have been done, Django and Marya are the only consistent thing about their family. That should be acknowledged more, but people are obsessed with biological family like it means the most.

Although I would not be shocked if this family tree comes true soon enough. Keeping Natalya as Wanda's biological mother but bringing Erick back sounds like the kind of compromise Marvel would make between her old and new origin. I just wish they would explain the whole ''Wanda's father killed Natalya'' thing, but at this point I think they're just gonna ignore this plot point from the Robinson series.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    also i'm starting to think that is obvious that magneto is a red hearing, since i don't think they would have magneto killing the woman who once was his daughter, it would be bad for his character
    Yeah, Magneto as the killer definitely screams red herring, unless they are going with a reverse psychology kind of narrative that makes us believe the most obvious choice isn't the right one only to make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'd seen this image a million times before, but I never realized it says Wanda's parents are Erik and Natalya. That's an interesting take. I don't necessarily think it means anything, specially since the whole book was cancelled, but it brings the question as to how Viv came to this conclusion. I think it's possible that since Wanda never found out who her biological father was, she just went with the most recent information she had about it. Although I wish they had included Django and Marya instead, since they were, for all intents and purposes, the real parents of the Maximoffs. No matter what retcons have been done, Django and Marya are the only consistent thing about their family. That should be acknowledged more, but people are obsessed with biological family like it means the most.

Although I would not be shocked if this family tree comes true soon enough. Keeping Natalya as Wanda's biological mother but bringing Erick back sounds like the kind of compromise Marvel would make between her old and new origin. I just wish they would explain the whole ''Wanda's father killed Natalya'' thing, but at this point I think they're just gonna ignore this plot point from the Robinson series.
    But Magneto's real name isn't Eric Lensherr it's Max Eisenhart, so The tree is already wrong. Also the Maximoffs should be there as they are Wanda's Uncle and Aunt as well as being the couple that raised her.

How the heck did this thread get 35 pages in only four days?

Amazing it is showing Logan and Rogue being upset with her being dead, when they both wanted her dead at various points.
    Uh, you know they both later joined the Uncanny Avengers alongside her, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    If Death of Strange plays out makes perfect sense for the new Sorceress Supreme to be a mutant.
    Yeah - Magik. So, nothing to do with Wanda.

Digibash Marvel legends Gwen Maximoff
    by
    leokearon

https://www.deviantart.com/leokearon...moff-884316064

Still going with my clone theory, so in the spirit of clones, she dyes her hair blonde and calls herself Gwen.
    That's obviously meant to be a composite character - remember the variant covers with Gwen Stacy as other characters - one of which had the costume design re-used for Gwen Poole?
    Maybe she'll help create a new Uncanny Avengers
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    If it's written by Zub. In Zub we trust!
    I wouldn't say no to that - it's a real shame he only got to do seven issues, two of which were Secret Empire tie-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Brand View Post
    In any case, a film is coming out soon with her, and she needs to be promoted somehow.I don't think this will last any longer a Trial of Magneto. Maybe this was all started to return her mutant status. Although Doctor Strange and Spider-Man are about to die, who knows.
    We don't know that Peter's dying, he could just be critically injured and out of commission for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    What happened with Thompson on WCA?
    Trial og magneto seems to be editorially mandated, the book wasnt building up momentum for that.
    She wanted Tigra and She-Hulk. Aaron was using Jen, so she couldn't have her at all, and Tigra could only guest star in the first arc. Editorial made her use Kid Omega and Gwenpool instead, thus making Clint Barton the only non-teen member of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That was from a Chelsea Cain Vision mini that was cancelled before it was published, not the original run by King, so technically the whole thing was "cut". Apparently it had too many issues with continuity because it just picked up right after the end of the previous Vision series while ignoring everything that happened with Viv on Champions.
    Yeah, Nadia's mention on the family tree means it has to be after Champions started. Nadia's debut was in ANAD Avengers, at the same time as Vision's run, and almost immediately before Civil War II, which is the event that caused the Champions to break away from the Avengers. Viv likely only learned about Nadia after meeting Kamala, Miles and Sam.

Nadia is there.
    Yeah, though this must be set before Unstoppable Wasp (which was part of the problem that got it canned), because she's called Pym instead of Van Dyne. Nadia's Pym surname was just an assumption based on her being Hank's daughter. She actually didn't have a last name at all prior to Janet adopting her.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Debates/Arguements over Wanda's dead and place in the Marvel Universe would do that.

Uh, you know they both later joined the Uncanny Avengers alongside her, right?
    In which Rogue murdered her.

That's obviously meant to be a composite character - remember the variant covers with Gwen Stacy as other characters - one of which had the costume design re-used for Gwen Poole?
    No it isn't. It's a joke about the possibility of Wanda having a clone due to her portrayal in the X-Books and afterwards the clone will dye her hair blonde and call herself Gwen, like ben Reilly.

We like to talk a lot, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

One thing I am kinda sad/worried about Darkhold is that due to its timeline.
    Whatever development of Wanda in terms of character, power, lore, etc. will likely get shoved aside or ignored in favor of her involvement in Trial of Magneto. Or she won't get any real development in the first place.

Question about Wanda from X-Men Monday:

"AIPT: Makes sense. Looking back again, in X-Men Monday #104, you mentioned there’s thought going into Wanda’s status on Krakoa as “the pretender.” How far back does the plan to murder Wanda go? Obviously, “the pretender” stuff has its origins in House of X. Was this always a sort of endgame?

Jordan:
    Jonathan [Hickman] came in with plans for directions, but he also has been incredibly generous and incredibly collaborative. So this is not exactly what he came in with, but it’s not like he came in with a literal roadmap, you know? It’s not like he came in with a literal thing going, “So then, three years from now, we’ll do an issue that has these lines in it.” It was more like, “This is the direction, this is what I’m aiming for way down the line. This is what we’re going to be working toward.” How we get there and what exactly it looks like when we get there has always been something that’s been in flux and that is highly influenced by what all the work everybody else has been doing is as well. So is this particular thing something we planned? No, but we always knew that we were going to be building toward something big and at the very least similar for the character. It’s just, this is the way we chose to deliver it."

My interpretation of that answer is that Hickman always planned for Wanda to go back to being a mutant, while her death in the gala being the way for that is the part that came later.

Despite being

a mutant

a sorcereress or witch skilled mutant

a non mutant with witch skills.

etc. etc.
    I really think Wanda has existed more than fine, without being in the orbit of the X-Men.
    So I hope that if she, dreadfully undergoes this process or retcon, she still keeps her distance.
    Wanda is better off without any of them. Yes, Rogue murdered her during the UA plotline.
    I don't want any connection. I want Wanda to become the Avenger she used to be, even without the Vision if so it must be. Those are the stories and eras I want the most.
    I really don't see worthwhile plots involving mutant or Krakotoa (sic) as interesting or worthwhile for Wanda.

What really, would she gain? She'd only be one of their team members, on however many teams they're up to these days. Just lost in their wonderful overly filled mutant tapestry.

She has more to gain with stories involving her magic potentials and adventures as .... oh, a real asset to the Avengers maybe?

After all, don't the Xpersons already have a mutant magic-wielder? Redundant!
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I honestly don't care for Wanda in a X-narrative in the first place even without AD/HOM, I don't mind but it's not really interesting to me.
    And with AD/HOM, I honestly don't want any close association with X-franchise in general. At least before she finished some meaningful arcs on her own or with Avengers.

Sis legit has not had **** going on in the comics for years why so many of y'all are more content with that, than her appearing in the occasional X-Book is baffling Avengers office is what fucked her over to begin with & then just threw her away.