Page 462 of 774 FirstFirst ... 362412452458459460461462463464465466472512562 ... LastLast
Results 6,916 to 6,930 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    I am a Nigerian prince LOL
    Lol, definitely more believable than it'll be different this time. Trust me, dude.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    A little piece of Scarlet Witch fan-art I made today while waiting for my sister to finish her shopping

The hair gives off some 90s animation vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Yeah this is a big reason to be optimistic IMO. There was always a plan for her but the delivery came later. That means likely that the death itself isn’t integral to the plan.
    Jordan clearly says that are making as they are going forward. There isnt a plan, just a rough idea that writers go shaping as their needs for a story

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    One thing I am kinda sad/worried about Darkhold is that due to its timeline.
    Whatever development of Wanda in terms of character, power, lore, etc. will likely get shoved aside or ignored in favor of her involvement in Trial of Magneto. Or she won't get any real development in the first place.
    Yeah, this bothers me too. Darkhold was arguably the book most Wanda fans were looking forward to after this drought of content for her, and now it looks like it's just a seat warmer to a book that literally revolves around her being fridged for X-Men drama's sake. Even if the book turns out to be awesome and well written, it really speaks volumes about current editorial that this story was prioritized over a story where Wanda is actually at the forefront as a protagonist of her own story.

Is anyone concerned that Wanda may not be as central to Darkhold as previously believed? Reading the solicit, it seems like a lot of focus will be dedicated to the other heroes Wanda recruits to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Is anyone concerned that Wanda may not be as central to Darkhold as previously believed? Reading the solicit, it seems like a lot of focus will be dedicated to the other heroes Wanda recruits to help.
    It's always possible. She was on covers to Strange Academy but not really in it much.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

i don't think they are lying about it, but Darkhold is a filler so whatevs. It will probably de a dual focus, we learn more about the hero and a bit about Wanda.
    Marvel really sold Steve Orlando short on this

I just love how iconic Scarlet Witch is, so very recognizable and cool, it really takes very little to represent her but you instantly know it is wanda.

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I just love how iconic Scarlet Witch is, so very recognizable and cool, it really takes very little to represent her but you instantly know it is wanda.

Wanda is really iconic.

loved to see some jokes about reality warping around when the wandavision aired. She is on people's collective imaginary

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I really hope not. I just want one story about Wanda to actually star Wanda, and not have her as a silent victim or looming threat.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 07-05-2021 at 08:37 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I have to agree that the way "Darkhold" is set up, it's likely that Wanda will feature in the first and last segments and the individual issues will be about the individual heroes.

It's not going to be a major showcase for anyone, probably, since it can't affect their status quo in any way. But at least this way it'll be something to run concurrently with "Trial of Magneto," when it would have been cruel (as originally planned) to have "Darkhold" first and immediately follow up with killing her off.

People are taking conclusion when nothing was said. It is clear the plan is in flux and Hickman doesn't care for it. He isn't writing it, so not that important to his plan.
    Please forgive me for being such an ignorant baffoon.

All I said was that JDW's answer reads like that to me. "we always knew that we were going to be building toward something big and at the very least similar for the character. It’s just, this is the way we chose to deliver it" when referring to first the Pretender title and now her death/Trial... It's not even a reach, it's the most obvious way to interpret it (and, again, I only said it was that: My interpretation, so no need to try and be shady about how "people are taking conclusions when nothing was said").

Jordan clearly says that are making as they are going forward. There isnt a plan, just a rough idea that writers go shaping as their needs for a story
    He said they were always planning for something, just that how it happens has changed... That's, honestly, how most stories that don't have a strict outline go. Especially in comics where there are lots of writers and editors at the same franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Please forgive me for being such an ignorant baffoon.

All I said was that JDW's answer reads like that to me. "we always knew that we were going to be building toward something big and at the very least similar for the character. It’s just, this is the way we chose to deliver it" when referring to first the Pretender title and now her death/Trial... It's not even a reach, it's the most obvious way to interpret it (and, again, I only said it was that: My interpretation, so no need to try and be shady about how "people are taking conclusions when nothing was said").

He said they were always planning for something, just that how it happens has changed... That's, honestly, how most stories that don't have a strict outline go. Especially in comics where there are lots of writers and editors at the same franchise.
    Agreed, That’s how I understood the interview as well.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Wanda is really iconic.

loved to see some jokes about reality warping around when the wandavision aired. She is on people's collective imaginary
    Really hoping Elizabeth Olsen will keep collaborating with disney for years to come

I had a similar impression, kinda like they did with mystic arcana and that Ian Mcnee guy