Page 464 of 774 FirstFirst ... 364414454460461462463464465466467468474514564 ... LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Where did you hear that about Academy? Isn't it just skipping a month?

Forge is a mage?
    He has magical powers but rarely uses them preferring to use technology

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Where did you hear that about Academy? Isn't it just skipping a month?

Forge is a mage?
    Yes and a very powerful one

Last edited by Daedra; 07-06-2021 at 08:54 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Even if Bleeding Cool hadn't revealed that this story (or something like it) was originally planned for 2020, Hickman wrote the Wanda scenes in that dumb "Empyre" tie-in and the narration captions at the end pretty much telegraphed that she would die, saying that she can't live with herself and "won't" live with herself.

Whether this story is good or terrible for the character, something like this was obviously in the works. Doing it in this particular form, with this writer, might not have been the plan. They could have done it as an event in itself, or they could have done it in the X-Men ongoing books, but something like "The Pretender gets killed" is probably something they've had clearance to do for a while.
    I believe that that Hickman invented the Pretender mythology of Krakoa in order to eventually discredit it in a dramatic way. Wanda would be killed and then resurrected, revealing her to be a mutant all long. The High Evolutionary was lying. The mutant status and family ties of the Maximoffs will then be restored.
    Last edited by Witchfan; 07-06-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    QW
    I believe that that Hickman invented the Pretender mythology of Krakoa in order to eventually discredit it in a dramatic way. Wanda would be killed and then resurrected, revealing her to be a mutant all long. The High Evolutionary was lying. The mutant status and family ties of the Maximoffs will then be restored.
    I can see the first part, but not the rest. She already is a mutant or she won't be ressurrected.

The bad thing is that the writers on x-men books writes more fanfic than good stories

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Yes and a very powerful one

I knew he was a magician but not this powerful!! X-men rarely explore all potential on him
    Last edited by Writerblog; 07-06-2021 at 09:16 AM.

Jessica Rabbit and Scarlet Witch
    by
    AdrianaTavares
    https://www.deviantart.com/adrianata...itch-884846212

It's weird to me that artists make Wanda's hair red, red sometimes instead of Auburn. I think people often get confused with her being called the Scarlet Witch.

ScarletWitching had an interesting post on this. And I do think it's possible some artists can't tell the difference in certain color shades.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    It could be. Some have guessed that Wanda isn't the real Wanda and that the HE replaced she and Pietro a while back. And I mean, I could give them credit for undoing Wanda having been different since 2004 that way. But it'd also get rid of some other stuff that was positive. We'll see. It's entirely possible that what Hickman has planned has not been guessed yet.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Fantastic Member

I think whatever happens in Darkhold will be completely, totally ignored by Hickman and the X-office, who can barely keep in tandem with each other, let alone outside projects.

The way Wanda was written in the X-Men Empyre mini, and again in her appearance in SWORD is designed to make Magneto look more heroic and fatherly, at Wanda's expense, of course.

Extraordinary Member

"Darkhold" wouldn't have changed anybody's status quo even if it came out before the murder. It's clearly a throwaway, but hopefully a fun one.

It may well be that part of the reason Wanda has been almost totally unused since 2019 is that she has to be kept in storage for whatever Hickman and Cebulski had agreed to do, and so they shot down any story pitch that would have changed her status quo at all. Very much like after House of M, the only times we saw her was as an amnesiac living in Transia, because that was how "Children's Crusade" was supposed to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    I think whatever happens in Darkhold will be completely, totally ignored by Hickman and the X-office, who can barely keep in tandem with each other, let alone outside projects.
    “Barely”? Sorry I disagree, the x-books have never enjoyed the level of coordination we are seeing under hickman, they simply never had the level of synchronization we have experienced recently, anyone half familiar with the franchise would tell you this.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'd seen this image a million times before, but I never realized it says Wanda's parents are Erik and Natalya. That's an interesting take. I don't necessarily think it means anything, specially since the whole book was cancelled, but it brings the question as to how Viv came to this conclusion. I think it's possible that since Wanda never found out who her biological father was, she just went with the most recent information she had about it. Although I wish they had included Django and Marya instead, since they were, for all intents and purposes, the real parents of the Maximoffs. No matter what retcons have been done, Django and Marya are the only consistent thing about their family. That should be acknowledged more, but people are obsessed with biological family like it means the most.

Although I would not be shocked if this family tree comes true soon enough. Keeping Natalya as Wanda's biological mother but bringing Erick back sounds like the kind of compromise Marvel would make between her old and new origin. I just wish they would explain the whole ''Wanda's father killed Natalya'' thing, but at this point I think they're just gonna ignore this plot point from the Robinson series.
    Oh, I agree it's definitely not canon as of yet. But the fact that it was an idea that was at least kicking around for a while is very interesting to me. Especially since, I always felt the way Remender's run ended left the door open (possibly unintentionally) for the possibility the High Evolutionary was lying about at least some of her "true" origin.

We never learned what supposedly terrifying truth Vision learned from reading the High Evolutionary's files, so I could totally see that one day being used to canonize the family tree idea that even if Natalya is her true mother, Magneto is still Wanda's father.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Oh, I agree it's definitely not canon as of yet. But the fact that it was an idea that was at least kicking around for a while is very interesting to me. Especially since, I always felt the way Remender's run ended left the door open (possibly unintentionally) for the possibility the High Evolutionary was lying about at least some of her "true" origin.

We never learned what supposedly terrifying truth Vision learned from reading the High Evolutionary's files, so I could totally see that one day being used to canonize the family tree idea that even if Natalya is her true mother, Magneto is still Wanda's father.
    Indeed, I posted about those panels many times in the past, we never learned what the vision was talking about, it’s about time to get to the end of this.

"Darkhold" wouldn't have changed anybody's status quo even if it came out before the murder. It's clearly a throwaway, but hopefully a fun one.

It may well be that part of the reason Wanda has been almost totally unused since 2019 is that she has to be kept in storage for whatever Hickman and Cebulski had agreed to do, and so they shot down any story pitch that would have changed her status quo at all. Very much like after House of M, the only times we saw her was as an amnesiac living in Transia, because that was how "Children's Crusade" was supposed to start.
    I don't even thinkCebulski needed to back Hickman here. Brevoort often doesnt like to use Wanda and doesnt care if X-office craps on her characterization.
    Slott has his way with Brevoort and got to keep Franklin only to himself and not a mutant.

I really hope orlando didn't have to rewrite the end of Daarkhold for it not affect Trial of Magneto

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    I don't even thinkCebulski needed to back Hickman here. Brevoort often doesnt like to use Wanda and doesnt care if X-office craps on her characterization.
    Slott has his way with Brevoort and got to keep Franklin only to himself and not a mutant.
    Brevoort might have gotten territorial over Wanda if he'd had any plans for her, but Aaron isn't going anywhere, both he and Marvel seem happy with Avengers as an all-star book, and nobody seems to have had any plans for anything on the Avengers side that would require her or Vision (or Sam and Bucky in Captain America, for that matter).

I'd like to hope that the success of her show has caught them by surprise, but even if it has, we won't know for some time. Zub did say after WandaVision ended that maybe now the bigger writers might be interested in using her.

Brevoort might have gotten territorial over Wanda if he'd had any plans for her, but Aaron isn't going anywhere, both he and Marvel seem happy with Avengers as an all-star book, and nobody seems to have had any plans for anything on the Avengers side that would require her or Vision (or Sam and Bucky in Captain America, for that matter).

I'd like to hope that the success of her show has caught them by surprise, but even if it has, we won't know for some time. Zub did say after WandaVision ended that maybe now the bigger writers might be interested in using her.
    Well they refused the Zub pitches with Wanda. It's not like no one wants to write wanda on Avengers, it is the editor blocking it.
    There is always the possibility that Cebulski backed Hickman to reserve Wanda for X-men stories, but seems more likely brevoort let them use her.

More than bigger writers, we need Brevoort to let writers do the stories

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Well this hints on something very different from being Magneto daughter or a mutant.

Seems more interesting a new spin, than retreating to the same place all over again