Page 465 of 774 FirstFirst ... 365415455461462463464465466467468469475515565 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,975 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Well they refused the Zub pitches with Wanda. It's not like no one wants to write wanda on Avengers, it is the editor blocking it.
    There is always the possibility that Cebulski backed Hickman to reserve Wanda for X-men stories, but seems more likely brevoort let them use her.

More than bigger writers, we need Brevoort to let writers do the stories

Well this hints on something very different from being Magneto daughter or a mutant.

Seems more interesting a new spin, than retreating to the same place all over again
    All we know is that there is still an unrevealed “hidden truth “ about the twins.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Seems like X-men want to do the obvious that isnt even a reveal, people are already expecting Wanda to be mutant again and daughter of Magneto.

Wanda magical side is a lot more interesting and barely explored

Seems like X-men want to do the obvious that isnt even a reveal, people are already expecting Wanda to be mutant again and daughter of Magneto.

Wanda magical side is a lot more interesting and barely explored
    I’m 100% positive that whatever happens wanda will never lose her magical side/connection
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I'm sure she will continue magical, that is essential to the character, but she already was better off without Magneto.

Only a future Wanda/Avenger writer should decide what they want for her. I hope that future writers wont be bothered about something they didnt decided or were consulted

Well this hints on something very different from being Magneto daughter or a mutant.
    Hence why I said "possibly unintentionally." Fact is regardless whatever the intention was, there's now a door opened indicating that the Evolutionary (already a known liar) was hiding something about Wanda's origin.

Extraordinary Member

Remender set up a ton of stuff before he quit Marvel that I doubt anyone will ever return to again, unless it's someone like Ewing who thrives on callbacks to nearly-forgotten stories.

Luminous, the High Evolutionary creation who had both Wanda and Pietro's powers but better, is very Remender in how campy and ridiculous a concept she is (I don't mean that in a negative way), and I'm pretty sure we won't be hearing about her again any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Hence why I said "possibly unintentionally." Fact is regardless whatever the intention was, there's now a door opened indicating that the Evolutionary (already a known liar) was hiding something about Wanda's origin.
    I wouldn't mind if someone went over HE's lies. I know there is flakey stuff between the twins and their birth on Wundragore Mountain. As well as contradictory or retcons with Jessica Drew's origin there.

For some reason I am remembering a story or maybe it is not, where some child sees jessica in suspended animation during her cure as a child herself. Is that real?

Anyway, the thing with HE could just end up being a cataloging error. Maybe he coded his results into the wrong file or vice a versa or some flunky who did that work (never give a beast man the job, since their fingers might be too large or something).

I still prefer Twins no longer being mutants. What good would making Wanda a mutant again really do?

The real thrust for Wanda should be to continue to move her away from the Evil Orbit of All X, that is what I want.

I would hate to be forced to read X comics to find stories about Wanda....

Wanda and Pietro should remain "artificial mutants", that is what they are to me. They're mutants, just artificially created by a master of genetics. Why is that so wrong?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I just love how iconic Scarlet Witch is, so very recognizable and cool, it really takes very little to represent her but you instantly know it is wanda.

That is a Major Key of what makes the Best Heroes truly Stand-Out, an Iconic Look that you KNOW off Hand right away it is Them and what they represent as a hero, you are SO RIGHT On Point with that Point Daedra with Wanda Here, a Quote of Major Truth, Love it!

Also I Really LOVE this Image cause of how it Defines you Point of the Iconiciness of Scarlet Witch Herself!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Oh, I agree it's definitely not canon as of yet. But the fact that it was an idea that was at least kicking around for a while is very interesting to me. Especially since, I always felt the way Remender's run ended left the door open (possibly unintentionally) for the possibility the High Evolutionary was lying about at least some of her "true" origin.

We never learned what supposedly terrifying truth Vision learned from reading the High Evolutionary's files, so I could totally see that one day being used to canonize the family tree idea that even if Natalya is her true mother, Magneto is still Wanda's father.
    Indeed, I posted about those panels many times in the past, we never learned what the vision was talking about, it’s about time to get to the end of this.
    I Enjoyed the New Canon with Natalya Maximoff allot, James Robinson IMO made something really good out of a very trying change in the Twins history.

I wish for that not to go away or be whimped clean cause they left open who be the twins Father, so I feel it be a middle ground if they are truly aming to reunited the family again that Natalya is still the True Mother and the hidden father was Magneto I be ok with that is a middle ground for both sides of the canon.

It could also go with the MCU with Wanda being a baby Witch too by heritage with Natalya, with mutant heritage with Magneto and still the history with Chthon as well.

That is just an idea, I just hope that Natalya Maximoff does not get glossed over or reconned to much.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 07-06-2021 at 10:08 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Red face

Finished another small piece, this wanda is quite psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    woow that looks so cool
    Very glad you like it
    Indeed that is SO COOL and Lovely, it has a hypnotic effect on the viewer is such a cool and lovely way! Amazing usage of reds too! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I Enjoyed the New Canon with Natalya Maximoff allot, James Robinson IMO made something really good out of a very trying change in the Twins history.

I wish for that not to go away or be whimped clean cause they left open who be the twins Father, so I feel it be a decent middle ground if they are truly aming to reunited the family again that Natalya is still the True Mother and the hidden father was Magneto I be fine with that is a good middle ground.

It could also go with the MCU with Wanda being a baby Witch too by heritage with Natalya, with mutant heritage with Magneto and still the history with Chthon as well.
    It has the problem of Magneto being the one that killed Natalya, unless someone was posing as him. Which is also really the theory for Wanda's death too. Which if both were true would be weird.

I don't think they plan on making Mags the biological father. But just that they still consider themselves family because of working out some history there. Because of Marvel wanting to keep Mags anchored in WWII while wanting to keep the twins young.

It's possible they undo the not a mutant thing. But I think there would have been a far less complicated way of doing that. That didn't require Wanda to die.

So I'm just waiting to see what's really going on here.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It has the problem of Magneto being the one that killed Natalya, unless someone was posing as him. Which is also really the theory for Wanda's death too. Which if both were true would be weird.

I don't think they plan on making Mags the biological father. But just that they still consider themselves family because of working out some history there. Because of Marvel wanting to keep Mags anchored in WWII while wanting to keep the twins young.

It's possible they undo the not a mutant thing. But I think there would have been a far less complicated way of doing that. That didn't require Wanda to die.

So I'm just waiting to see what's really going on here.
    Indeed they are going to have to have some creative writing in why the death or maybe death we are getting teased something is strange about "The Body" in why that is important.

I am still waiting and keeping an open mind to all that is going on and looking more for this to jumpstart Wanda's usage in comics again not just with the X-Side but with Avengers too, but in Heritage what I am hoping is that Natalya Maximoff stays the mother with the canon James Robinson created.

How they do the family if anything I am still waiting to see, but keeping Natalya Maximoff in canon is important IMO as well as this story leading to the end of the HoM Drama as well as less hostility in the X-Corners of the universe.

I is a wilded hope, but all that is have heard of this and read I can't shack this view no matter how much I try to see the other way, but I keep thinking so much of this and the teases by writers on Way of X with the build-up since the start of Hickman's X-Men is that this was leading to a conclusion for that story of HoM and it is pushed more by the company finally not needing to have so much hostaility in copyright over Wanda, Pietro and the X-Men which I felt lead to allot of this divide for so long.

Should have been done with after the merger with FOX, but Marvel Comics is alike a Dino, they move to slowly to know if what they are doing they mean or not, Covid as a reasoning yes, but this year going onto 2022 they need to show they are meaning to move on Wanda in more positive teritory and now is the best time since she has proven herself a winner the MCU, Marvel Comics synergy or not, that can't be tone deaf much longer.

I wish for that not to go away or be whimped clean cause they left open who be the twins Father, so I feel it be a middle ground if they are truly aming to reunited the family again that Natalya is still the True Mother and the hidden father was Magneto I be ok with that is a middle ground for both sides of the canon.

That is just an idea, I just hope that Natalya Maximoff does not get glossed over or reconned to much.
    Yeah, I don't want Natalya to be erased, she was a more interesting character that Magda.
    I still believe that Wanda's dad is a nobody. A person who fell in love with Natalya and followed her to try and get their babies back. However he was influenced/possessed by Chthon and killed Natalya in order to prevent her from getting the twins back, so Chthon could then make Wanda his vessel..
    I would prefer the awful Counter-Revolutionary to be erased than Wanda's ongoing

Indeed that is SO COOL and Lovely, it has a hypnotic effect on the viewer is such a cool and lovely way! Amazing usage of reds too! ^_^
    thank you CJ, I still wanna do a better work on wanda's features on future pieces, she has a very specific feel to her presence that it's not easy to catch for novices like me, it's a dark intensity and arcane mystique.
    Last edited by Daedra; 07-07-2021 at 01:31 AM.