Page 468 of 774 FirstFirst ... 368418458464465466467468469470471472478518568 ... LastLast
Results 7,006 to 7,020 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Pietro losing his X-Gene was the literal worst thing that ever happened to the character he is so irrelevant it's tragic he don't even got MCU clout. Wanda got branded as a terrorist when she lost hers, luckily they only lost it due to the words of a mad man, & a half asked spell from a possessed Wanda so it's easily fixable.
    Wanda was defamed from M-day on and spent most of that time being a mutant. So mutant or not she got hate. Nothing really changed for her. She just at some point moved on, joined side Avengers teams.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Kind of. I mean she and Pietro were so young that they thought they were doing something good by giving back to the person that saved them. The moment he wanted them to kill X-Men they tried to flee.
    You dont have to kill in order to be considered a terrorist, nor does being naive exempt you from that label. Besides they werent that naive. They knew what they were doing was bad. They felt indebted to Magneto but in no way did they consider the stuff they were doing as good

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    And some people wonder why some of us don't want her in X-Books.
    But, but... it'll be better this time, honest, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You dont have to kill in order to be considered a terrorist, nor does being naive exempt you from that label. Besides they werent that naive. They knew what they were doing was bad. They felt indebted to Magneto but in no way did they consider the stuff they were doing as good
    They didn't consider it good which is why they tried to leave twice but then were caged, and chained to a wall. Then escaped and hid out in Switzerland until they answered the newspaper ad that Tony put in looking for Avengers.

Incredible Member

Bad humor for sure. Still, I think Scott was trying to hit a nerve with Lorna, considering the missing panel before of her acting a bit uppity. Lorna was indeed close with Wanda. You never get to see it because Lorna is barely used in X-men herself.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    But, but... it'll be better this time, honest, lol!
    I never want to consider, or try to consider what a last chance with Marvel Comics and Wanda would look like.

However, these bodies are being pushed for too long, and not just in our fandom I see, both Thursdays readiness it seems even in parts of the X-Boards move on to something greater with her as well to.

Honestly if they fumble with the ball again like they did with Empyre last year, I do really feel they will let down enough people to have a decent backlash this Time for fans to give up or start to ignore the Comics side because they were so they’re not serious about characters like Wanda and even the family.

I still have a feeling this might be heading to a positive route, but they still have to prove themselves, and they can mess it up easily, we have to wait and see and hope.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Too true. If people really want to know about Wanda, Busiek and Perez's Avengers run is a must read, not the likes of HOM.

From Avengers Vol 3 #25
    I would also recommend Scarlet witch the complete collection by James Robinson. I remember reading her series when it came out and enjoying it but with the current stuff going on this popped up on comixology so i got it. Haven't read through it yet but looking forward to rereading the series with new eyes.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I’m hopeful that Leah will give Wanda the path she deserves as a character. Proper growth that other writers who come after will keep Wanda on a growing path that gives her a defined purpose in comics that’s not a stepping stone or plot device in comics. If not Leah is on my “Forever S$@t” list
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Fantastic Member

My feeling is that Leah won't get to write much Wanda, as she won't be in Trial of Magneto as anything other than a corpse and a flashback for Magneto's man-pain. I don't think she will be resurrected during a story that runs alongside Inferno. Too disruptive to the main story.

Wanda is just a plot device to set-up other narratives, as we can see from the emphasis on other character's views on her, and how that contrasts with her wafer thin, infantile, shallow characterization in X-Empyre and SWORD.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Well she is afellow hero and helped the mutants be born again.

They are just being a-holes, really don't want Wanda with these type of people
    Its Duggan making his disinterest in Wanda very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    My feeling is that Leah won't get to write much Wanda, as she won't be in Trial of Magneto as anything other than a corpse and a flashback for Magneto's man-pain. I don't think she will be resurrected during a story that runs alongside Inferno. Too disruptive to the main story.

Wanda is just a plot device to set-up other narratives, as we can see from the emphasis on other character's views on her, and how that contrasts with her wafer thin, infantile, shallow characterization in X-Empyre and SWORD.
    That is currently how it is as she is a plot device for others. Seeing how others feel about her. Really the Trial seems more about everyone voicing their opinion of Wanda to each other so both Avengers and Mutants can reconcile how they have both viewed Wanda and come together. As the past years when it comes to Wanda she has always been a lightning rod when it comes to both teams even though they are civil and friendly to each other she most likely is a point of contention in the back of their mind. Hopefully everything that really should have been said will be said as there seems, in my opinion some characters have certain feelings that they really want to say to the others face. Hopefully the drama that I comes gives Wanda to have a clear path forward on her return
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Some art By Fred Ian

Extraordinary Member

I guess we’ll have to keep an eye out for whether Wanda’s death becomes a big plot point in other comics.

Hickman would probably have done this story if it had run last year, so the best case scenario is it’s something they have to get out of the way as quickly as possible before “Inferno” ends.

Either way, I don’t expect this event to be referenced much in other books beyond whatever the ending introduces. It’s clearly the B event.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Bad humor for sure. Still, I think Scott was trying to hit a nerve with Lorna, considering the missing panel before of her acting a bit uppity. Lorna was indeed close with Wanda. You never get to see it because Lorna is barely used in X-men herself.
    It reads as witty banter. Wel I need to read the entire issue, gonna say that this panel really made me don't want to read the issue.
    Wanda and Lorna were starting a relationship and no one developped. Gonna say that lorna wouldn't be happy if Wanda was murdered.

Also Scott has to remember that he is the Krakoa chief of secutiry and a murder happeened under his watch, not make a joke about it

At least by issue 2 she still a corpse. So writer will have 3 issues to do something meaninful with Wanda.

I have no doubt most of this trial is for getting sales up using wandas boy as a way to make Magneto look better. Something tells me they just want to do fan service to X-fans to claim Magneto is her father and she will be a mutant again.
    Really wish they ould do a more criative story

I really hope to never see that infantile Sword characterization Ewing is a great writer but that was so off.
    Last edited by Writerblog; 07-07-2021 at 04:45 PM.

i also read this week’s x-men monday and the trial is apparently also going to be exploring the way erik treats lorna vs how he treats wanda

so there's that too, many flashbacks of their brotherhood of evil mutants era lol