Page 469 of 774 FirstFirst ... 369419459465466467468469470471472473479519569 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,035 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

The one thing I'm grateful for about this death is how little most people seem to care. Despite the "Pretender" trolling, reaction to Wanda's death has been way less -- from haters and fans alike -- than when Rogue stabbed her in "Uncanny Avengers" almost a decade(!) ago. The only people who care are some of Wanda's more pessimistic fans (like me) who think they'll keep her dead to fuel stories about Magneto and Billy and Teddy. But otherwise it's a yawner.

Granted, Marvel probably knew it would be or they would have done more to hype the murder and made it happen in a higher-profile book. But maybe we should count ourselves lucky that they decided not to do it last year, or it might have been a bigger deal with more trolling of Wanda's fans.

also because most people and comic fans think that she will get resurrected, even before the reveal, youtubers and people on twitter and other sites were theorising that she would get killed at the gala and then resurrected as a mutant (which can be 50/50 honestly she either comes back or not)

Spectacular Member

One of the ideas I've read is that Wanda undid her own mutant status when she went "No More Mutants." Well, if Franklin was causing his mutant status, and being depowered revealed that he wasn't a mutant, then if Wanda had accidentally removed her own mutant status, wouldn't her body revert back to being mutant after she died? That could fit the idea of something being wrong with the body in the issue 2 solicits.

I'm more worried about Wanda having stories in her actual narrative than her mutant status.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    also because most people and comic fans think that she will get resurrected, even before the reveal, youtubers and people on twitter and other sites were theorising that she would get killed at the gala and then resurrected as a mutant (which can be 50/50 honestly she either comes back or not)
    Dead barely even had value, now on X-men books it doesnt even serve to be shoking. At least 4 people died on the hellfire gala event

That seems to be a fair guess, but kinda of dumb too

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    One of the ideas I've read is that Wanda undid her own mutant status when she went "No More Mutants." Well, if Franklin was causing his mutant status, and being depowered revealed that he wasn't a mutant, then if Wanda had accidentally removed her own mutant status, wouldn't her body revert back to being mutant after she died? That could fit the idea of something being wrong with the body in the issue 2 solicits.
    Wanda and Franklin are different on their powers. If that was true all mutants would get repowered when she died on Uncanny Avengers
    Last edited by Writerblog; 07-07-2021 at 06:56 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Wanda and Franklin are different on their powers. If that was true all mutants would get repowered when she died on Uncanny Avengers
    That is indeed a good counter argument against that possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    People aren't even taking Dr. Strange's death seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I would also recommend Scarlet witch the complete collection by James Robinson. I remember reading her series when it came out and enjoying it but with the current stuff going on this popped up on comixology so i got it. Haven't read through it yet but looking forward to rereading the series with new eyes.
    James Robinson's run was very good and is also recommended reading, though Busiek and Perez's work is a bit more important and if some hacks (Bendis) actually read it we wouldn't be in this position.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    People aren't even taking Dr. Strange's death seriously.
    No-one takes comic deaths seriously anymore (except the marketing department), even the writers know death is temporary. Even the media has gotten wise to it, I remember when Cap will killed at the end of Civil War, it made international news; Wolverine gets killed rough 10 years later and nothing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    James Robinson's run was very good and is also recommended reading, though Busiek and Perez's work is a bit more important and if some hacks (Bendis) actually read it we wouldn't be in this position.
    I don't think Bendis cared, he will just come up with something else.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I don't think Bendis cared, he will just come up with something else.
    Of course he didn't care about continuity, he just want to wipe out the old team to get his new team done. Also if he did, 15.5 million mutants wouldn't have vanished off the face of the Earth.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

No-one takes comic deaths seriously anymore (except the marketing department), even the writers know death is temporary. Even the media has gotten wise to it, I remember when Cap will killed at the end of Civil War, it made international news; Wolverine gets killed rough 10 years later and nothing.
    That's not true. X-Men fans freaked out about Cyclops and Mutliple Man, and he returned months later with a mini-series. The inhumans are pretty dead too. Doctor Strange's death can't last because of his movies. Jead Grey was dead for almost 20 years. The irony is that Cyclops, Wolverine, and Jean Grey all had doubles when they were dead, so they were still in comics despite being "dead." Death can happen, but not to characters that are in billion dollar movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    That's not true. X-Men fans freaked out about Cyclops and Mutliple Man, and he returned months later with a mini-series. The inhumans are pretty dead too. Doctor Strange's death can't last because of his movies. Jead Grey was dead for almost 20 years. The irony is that Cyclops, Wolverine, and Jean Grey all had doubles when they were dead, so they were still in comics despite being "dead." Death can happen, but not to characters that are in billion dollar movies.
    I'm surprised that anyone freaked out about Jamie given he had died from the Legacy virus in a similar way. The only think I remember people freaking out about Scott's death was how bad it was done.

Oh Death can happen to anyone and anyone can get resurrected no matter how popular or awful they are.

Mighty Member

Hank Pym and Bill Foster: Are we a joke to you?

I don't remember captain America making the International News, but Superman death mas massive.
    Then he came back some time later it was the first scam on death of superheroes.
    Wolverine was killed in 2014 and then in 2018 he was coming back.
    Maybe if they stuck dead for longer, now everyone knows not to be invested on death stories