Page 474 of 774 FirstFirst ... 374424464470471472473474475476477478484524574 ... LastLast
Results 7,096 to 7,110 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Again, ultimately it's just a oneshot and I don't read this for Spidey really.
    And honestly I don't get the initial part of assuming it being medicore and then hoping for Spidey oneshot being good.
    The stories take place in alpha, omega, etc. and then one-shots for these six characters(Spider-man, black bolt, wasp, iron man, etc.).
    I am talking about the Spider-man darkhold one shot which would be read for Spidey equally if not more so .
    I mean from what I've read from Orlando he seems to write Spidey well enough.A little immature and dialogue a bit too long but he got his heart right.
    I don't know if he has the same with Wanda, hence I said it would probably be mediocre.Specially because Wanda doesn't get her own one-shot and may be used as a plot device.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-12-2021 at 03:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Wow, I don't know you are this pessimistic.
    She doesn't get her oneshot because like Doom she is a mainstay.
    Again it cannot be worse what we got at this moment, she is a literal corpse in X-books, not hard to top that.

Extraordinary Member

Wow, I don't know you are this pessimistic.
    She doesn't get her oneshot because like Doom she is a mainstay.
    Again it cannot be worse what we got at this moment, she is a literal corpse in X-books, not hard to top that.
    How am I pessimistic?
    I know she is a mainstay but that doesn't mean she will get the spotlight and maybe she's not done right.
    That's just being cautious.

Hah... As a Gwen Stacy fan i thought the same, then Sins Past showed up.(extreme example and sarcasm in case you don't get it)

None of them is eager enough to offer pitches though.
    Again Zub is like the only one showing some love.
    But we have no way if knowing that, with all the media interest I doubt comic writers are immune to the the witch’s charm, who wouldn’t want a piece of that cake?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    But we have no way if knowing that, with all the media interest I doubt comic writers are immune to the the witch’s charm, who wouldn’t want a piece of that cake?
    Yeahhhh, about that, Bendis liked her as a fragile psycho waifu figure, that definitely turned out fine.
    I am not interested in writers who only know her on the surface level.

Extraordinary Member

Yeahhhh, about that, Bendis liked her as a fragile psycho waifu figure, that definitely turned out fine.
    Agreed.
    They should move her away from HOM but seems like with Krakoa that's not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Agreed.
    They should move her away from HOM but seems like with Krakoa that's not going anywhere.
    They have had over 15 years to deal with HOM but they couldn't be bothered.

That’s like underlining the obvious, I’m not interested in garbage writing either
    Bendis didn’t like her, he just wrote her out of any avenger comic, I’m talking about writers that want her to be a central regularly featured character.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    They have had over 15 years to deal with HOM but they couldn't be bothered.
    Me and a Local Comic Store owner I know well and he understands the industry well have come to believe the reasons why they did not bother to fix fully this story was A.) Cause Bendis was still around and B.) The horrible Copyright War Between Marvel and FOX and likely other studios cause they did fully own the rights to either X-Men or Wanda.

That has now ended and they real have run out of time to show this divide in the company has ended.

They have shown this with Mutants and X-Men since Hickman took over, but yet for Wanda.

IMO I don’t like to think of finally chances for companies, but this who thing with Wanda’s death and comeback feels now like one of those Moments or at least close enough to it to prove this.

The Copyright is over, dividing the characters is now old and unnecessary.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

The stories take place in alpha, omega, etc. and then one-shots for these six characters(Spider-man, black bolt, wasp, iron man, etc.).
    I am talking about the Spider-man darkhold one shot which would be read for Spidey equally if not more so .
    I mean from what I've read from Orlando he seems to write Spidey well enough.A little immature and dialogue a bit too long but he got his heart right.
    I don't know if he has the same with Wanda, hence I said it would probably be mediocre.Specially because Wanda doesn't get her own one-shot and may be used as a plot device.
    Are we 100% Wanda doesn't get a one shot, is this just speculation or is Wanda just at the forefront in the alpha and omega issues and possibly guest stars in the other characters one shots ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Me and a Local Comic Store owner I know well and he understands the industry well have come to believe the reasons why they did not bother to fix fully this story was A.) Cause Bendis was still around and B.) The horrible Copyright War Between Marvel and FOX and likely other studios cause they did fully own the rights to either X-Men or Wanda.

That has now ended and they real have run out of time to show this divide in the company has ended.

They have shown this with Mutants and X-Men since Hickman took over, but yet for Wanda.

IMO I don’t like to think of finally chances for companies, but this who thing with Wanda’s death and comeback feels now like one of those Moments or at least close enough to it to prove this.

The Copyright is over, dividing the characters is now old and unnecessary.
    Exactly, still even with the whole Fox war, Marvel should have ended earlier especially when they had three opportunities to do so. The fact that they didn't says to me that they don't want to. If anything all her death will do will make her a mutant again and hang out with Daddy Magneto, if it even does that.

Emmy nominations are this morning. Let us hope that Wandavision does well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Are we 100% Wanda doesn't get a one shot, is this just speculation or is Wanda just at the forefront in the alpha and omega issues and possibly guest stars in the other characters one shots ?.
    They said this in the article at Marvel.com.
    You can check to confirm

Extraordinary Member

It probably won't do much for Wanda's situation, but it would be nice to have an award or two.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Emmy nominations are this morning. Let us hope that Wandavision does well.
    Major Congrats Witchfan, I like that you got an Avatar and I Really like it, Very Creative!!!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!