Page 478 of 774 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488528578 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Ahhh, her looking pretty as a corpse makes me sick somehow.
    Art is good, Wanda is nice looking, but it makes me wanna puke.
    I understand the rest of the body since this is probably not much longer after death but not the face.But she looks like a fashion model.
    Not creepy for me personally, just a bit weird.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's weird to me that all the talk is about making Wanda a mutant again and not Pietro. Who was actually in stories about mutants and spent significant time in X-Factor.
    Because for the majority of them, that would entail having to acknowledge comics older than most of them have been alive, or worse, Avengers comics!

Yep, they did it with the Pieta reference too. Instead of having her slouched like the original art, they had her back arched.
    It’s a part of the tradition of fridging: the victim must not only be harmed to motivate the hero, but look beautiful and alluring while doing so (since the part is also a nonverbal on). The usual violence and sexual allure interplay is more jarring than usual because of Wanda and Magneto’s father-daughter relationship (blood or not).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    They don't have her in her current costume, she was a novice in empyre, hugged magneto in SWORD after saying she wasn't his daughter in her solo

And now she's running like a fodder instead of i don't know? Use her magic and fight or fly/teleport etc
    Yeah but even the writers aren't that stupid.She is like omega or beyond omega.

Theory time they depowered her, with Emma's gun.Meaning she is still a mutant.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Because for the majority of them, that would entail having to acknowledge comics older than most of them have been alive, or worse, Avengers comics!

It’s a part of the tradition of fridging: the victim must not only be harmed to motivate the hero, but look beautiful and alluring while doing so (since the part is also a nonverbal on). The usual violence and sexual allure interplay is more jarring than usual because of Wanda and Magneto’s father-daughter relationship (blood or not).
    We had quicksilver in the last rendition of X-factor before Krakoa.And I never hot the Avengers, I went from Avengers to X-men and like both.

About her running: I saw someone saying that she probably did so because of how it would look for her to be found fighting a mutant at Krakoa.

And maybe it's really a kid who heard the Pretender stories and she doesn't want to hurt them. (it's Leah Williams though so yeah it could also just be as dumb as it looks).

The thing is that she can't be depowered by that unless that is to depower magic users, Wanda's mutant power ins't what made her powerful, was her magical training and control over Chaos Magic, she's a natural Witch since her mother was one

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I understand the rest of the body since this is probably not much longer after death but not the face.But she looks like a fashion model.
    Not creepy for me personally, just a bit weird.
    For a civilizatiom that doesn't even need a morgue, they surely know how to make the dead look pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I should have suspected that Marvel would have addressed that kind of situation at some point. Do you remember what issue it was, I’d love to know the context.

Rachel and Jean being there should mean there would be no need for a trial, so hopefully they address that first thing.
    She Hulk Vol 1 #3
    Basically a guy is killed and his ghost is summoned at the trial, where he says that instead of the accused it is his girlfriend (who dumped him) that killed him. However Jen later discovers that he lied, so his girlfriend would get the death penalty and they would be reunited in the afterlife.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/She-Hulk_Vol_1_3

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    She looks spectacular in death if nothing else.

Extraordinary Member

She can still depend on her none genetic based power, unless of course they feel like erasing that again like in AD.

That has nothing to do with anything when they haven't used any MCU synergy for this character yet. They'd suddenly have her in her show costume. Which is far better than the classic bought at Fredricks of Hollywood look.
    It does, this is the synergy now, Vision cries at Wanda's death.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    About her running: I saw someone saying that she probably did so because of how it would look for her to be found fighting a mutant at Krakoa.

And maybe it's really a kid who heard the Pretender stories and she doesn't want to hurt them. (it's Leah Williams though so yeah it could also just be as dumb as it looks).
    She can evade the attacker by teleporting or levitating, or some other superhero ****.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    It does, this is the synergy now, Vision cries at Wanda's death.
    I doubt that. It's just more of the usual of how comics treats Wanda. Any progression she's had doesn't matter. If it were MCU synergy, she'd have never met Mags and would be in her costume from the MCU.

She's instead the beautiful corpse trope for an x-story focused on Magneto.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    She Hulk Vol 1 #3
    Basically a guy is killed and his ghost is summoned at the trial, where he says that instead of the accused it is his girlfriend (who dumped him) that killed him. However Jen later discovers that he lied, so his girlfriend would get the death penalty and they would be reunited in the afterlife.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/She-Hulk_Vol_1_3
    Holy hell, that’s crazy. Thank you. I’m looking forward to reading this.

She can still depend on her none genetic based power, unless of course they feel like erasing that again like in AD.
    She can evade the attacker by teleporting or levitating, or some other superhero ****.

The more one thinks this through, the less it makes sense.

Even when she was a mutant, her stronger powers came from Chthon.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.