Page 479 of 774 FirstFirst ... 379429469475476477478479480481482483489529579 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,185 of 11598

I think it's safe to assume Voodoo's out & we should let that go not like the ship was that relevant anyway or developed.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Because for the majority of them, that would entail having to acknowledge comics older than most of them have been alive, or worse, Avengers comics!

It’s a part of the tradition of fridging: the victim must not only be harmed to motivate the hero, but look beautiful and alluring while doing so (since the part is also a nonverbal on). The usual violence and sexual allure interplay is more jarring than usual because of Wanda and Magneto’s father-daughter relationship (blood or not).
    Yeah it's so weird and creepy.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I think it's safe to assume Voodoo's out & we should let that go not like the ship was that relevant anyway or developed.
    It's out like the rest of Wanda's autonomy.

Extraordinary Member

It's not really about the ship itself being good or not, it's about it being acknowledged for the sake of "respecting the character's continuity".
    Ironically you see loads of people demanding "respect" for another one of her not so significant relationship, which is daddy Magneto BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I remember Schiti said when SWORD #6 came out that Wanda was in her classic costume cause they wanted an "iconic" look. Aka, for the imagery on all the covers and panels of her corpse lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They should want something that doesn't look like lingerie. Especially with all the gross beautiful corpse imagery.
    As a fan of her classic costume, I don't mind.

Oh yeah, I'll be very surprised if Jericho gets mentioned.

MCU wanda is generating multiple awards buzz and has a bright future (appearing in another movie next year) while 616 Wanda is dead and being sidelined in another event that it's about her but she's not the protagonist of anything...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As a fan of her classic costume, I don't mind.

Oh yeah, I'll be very surprised if Jericho gets mentioned.
    I was neutral about classic costume, not my favorite but it got a special place in my heart.
    Now I kinda hate for the filth it now carries.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    It's not really about the ship itself being good or not, it's about it being acknowledged for the sake of "respecting the character's continuity".
    Ironically you see loads of people demanding "respect" for another one of her not so significant relationship, which is daddy Magneto BTW.
    That's different though it's the bridge for the whole story they have to respect it otherwise the story loses impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    MCU wanda is generating multiple awards buzz and has a bright future (appearing in another movie next year) while 616 Wanda is dead and being sidelined in another event that it's about her but she's not the protagonist of anything...
    Agreed. I want Wanda to be an alive and active character in a monthly comic.

Extraordinary Member

I am talking about before the story, like Post-AXIS times

Ya know what's also weird the fact the X-People are seemingly doing an autopsy, like obviously Jericho is out so he has no say either way they not family even if they are still dating, Vision & her are divorced, Pietro I would assume would not want Wanda's body on that island after getting killed, so I'm wondering who gave them permission to do that, the Avengers? Tommy? IDK interesting though.

For me the classic costume just symbolizes a refusal of Marvel comics to let her progress at all. She's always back to this costume, just like she's always back to being retconned. Can she progress forward at all? Is that allowed for her?

Exactly. It's acknowledging times Wanda as a character was allowed to make choices for herself and not just be a plot device.

For me the classic costume just symbolizes a refusal of Marvel comics to let her progress at all. She's always back to this costume, just like she's always back to being retconned. Can she progress forward at all? Is that allowed for her?
    Too true. There was nothing wrong with her Wada look

I was neutral about classic costume, not my favorite but it got a special place in my heart.
    Now I kinda hate for the filth it now carries.
    I don't associate it with the costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Too true. There was nothing wrong with her Wada look
    I mean, a lot of characters go back to their classic looks as a matter of course so I don't think it really says all that much that Wanda did.