Page 480 of 774 FirstFirst ... 380430470476477478479480481482483484490530580 ... LastLast
Results 7,186 to 7,200 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't associate it with the costume.

I mean, a lot of characters go back to their classic looks as a matter of course so I don't think it really says all that much that Wanda did.
    A lot of those characters are not retconned on the level that Wanda is and constantly stripped of their autonomy and canon to be plot devices for events.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I don't see the Big Deal about the costumes Jean is literally still running around in rain gloves, high yellow mask & a Miniskirt she can barely fit regression happens.

Extraordinary Member

Well, I am a guy who has a guilt by association mentality, there is no helping that.
    They go back to their classic look in their home franchise, usually with a relaunch or something. In out case she literally dressed to mess **** up and drop dead.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I don't see the Big Deal about the costumes Jean is literally still running around in rain gloves, high yellow mask & a Miniskirt she can barely fit regression happens.
    Jean is not dragged into another franchise to be a sacrificial lamb.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    A lot of those characters are not retconned on the level that Wanda is and constantly stripped of their autonomy and canon to be plot devices for events.
    I feel like that's not directly related to just the costume, but I say that as someone who likes it so I'm obviously biased.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, I am a guy who has a guilt by association mentality, there is no helping that.
    They go back to their classic look in their home franchise, usually with a relaunch or something. In out case she literally dressed to mess **** up and drop dead.
    I don't think that has anything to do with the costume though.

Avengers: Endgame Cosbi Bobble Head Collection series 2 features characters including Scarlet Witch

E6VzBpzUUAAdoWk.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Again, guilt by association, if something is used to as a visual piece about everything I hate. I would not want to see that for a while.
    It's just me, if I encounter someone online I absolutely loathe I would develop distaste for their avatars. I kinda hate Rick(his face really) from Rick and Morty for the amount of anti-SJW/straight up Alt-Righters who use him as an avatar.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-15-2021 at 10:21 AM.

I feel like that's not directly related to just the costume, but I say that as someone who likes it so I'm obviously biased.

I don't think that has anything to do with the costume though.
    It's a bigger picture thing. The character should be allowed to progress. And regression of look is all a part of the package.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Which is also a sin. Go take her shopping or make something better for her. There's no reason to run around in something from the 60s, that doesn't even fit.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I was neutral about classic costume, not my favorite but it got a special place in my heart.
    Now I kinda hate for the filth it now carries.
    I’m beginning to associate it with attempts to make her into a weak, little-girl version of herself who needs men like Strange to fix her mistakes and Magneto to protect her. It’s a shame, but that’s how we get nice things ruined.

It's a bigger picture thing. The character should be allowed to progress. And regression of look is all a part of the package.
    Eh, I think with costumes it doesn't necessarily need to be seen as a point of stagnation, just because of why iconic looks are iconic.
    Which is also a sin. Go take her shopping or make something better for her. There's no reason to run around in something from the 60s, that doesn't even fit.
    Well, I don't think it should be her main Superhero costume like it basically is now, although she still looks good in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I’m beginning to associate it with attempts to make her into a weak, little-girl version of herself who needs men like Strange to fix her mistakes and Magneto to protect her. It’s a shame, but that’s how we get nice things ruined.
    Personally I still associate it (and variants of it) with some of my favorite Wanda stories that made me a fan of her...

Extraordinary Member

Meh, Red Zone and Wada costumes are better.

Eh, I think with costumes it doesn't necessarily need to be seen as a point of stagnation, just because of why iconic looks are iconic.

Well, I don't think it should be her main Superhero costume like it basically is now, although she still looks good in it.

Personally I still associate it (and variants of it) with some of my favorite Wanda stories that made me a fan of her...
    Everything is stagnation with Wanda. And yes it is an indication of not moving her forward when it's literally used when they don't want to move her forward. It's also very dated. They need to move away from lingerie as hero costumes.

Meh, Red Zone and Wada costumes are better.
    Way better! They don't look like underwear.

Extraordinary Member

I can see that about good past memories, but now it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    I need it flushed ASAP.

Maybe they can show us that Wanda are feeling particularly nostalgic for some reason. Too bad that is too much of a characteraction for their vision of Wanda.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-15-2021 at 10:34 AM.