Page 481 of 774 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482483484485491531581 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,215 of 11598

I just need her to be able to be moved forward. Modern looks, modern stories. Not retreading over old stuff. I'm not stuck in the 60s or the 2000s. I want her to have good stories now that aren't, let's fridge her or let's retcon her.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Meh, Red Zone and Wada costumes are better.
    Red Zone didn't look that different to me.

I like the Wada costume but I was never absolutely won over by it. I preferred her late Busiek era costume or even some of her Uncanny Avengers costumes.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Everything is stagnation with Wanda. And yes it is an indication of not moving her forward when it's literally used when they don't want to move her forward. It's also very dated. They need to move away from lingerie as hero costumes.
    I don't think that was in their frame of mind when they decided to use the look and it has to be seen as a point of stagnation when she's had character progress with said costume...but I also don't view it in the context of being lingere, so I guess that's where we differ.
    I can see that about good past memories, but now it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    I need it flushed ASAP.
    Jeez, I feel kind of sad that bad stories would be enough to turn you against a comic.
    I just need her to be able to be moved forward. Modern looks, modern stories. Not retreading over old stuff. I'm not stuck in the 60s or the 2000s. I want her to have good stories now that aren't, let's fridge her or let's retcon her.
    I think she can move forward no matter what costume she's wearing, anything beyond that is probably up to personal preference.

Extraordinary Member

For one, Red Zone doesn't have pink bodystocking.
    And it got a nice cloak and hoodie.

Extraordinary Member

Jeez, we aren't really talking about a costume.
    It's about her character and continuity being changed at the whims of editiorial for the sake of someone else's drama. The costume change is just a reminder of her other character regression.

We cannot even joke about "at least they got her clothes right", it's a full on **** your understanding/tracking of the character move.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think that was in their frame of mind when they decided to use the look and it has to be seen as a point of stagnation when she's had character progress with said costume...but I also don't view it in the context of being lingere, so I guess that's where we differ.
    Subconscious takes over. And she hasn't progressed while wearing that costume in decades. How comics treated her then is not how they've treated her in the past 17. These are not the same people handling the character. Each time she's been in that costume in the modern era, it's been for regression of the character. There is an association.

And it's also extremely dated and tacky.

Jeez, we aren't really talking about a costume.
    It's about her character and continuity being changed at the whims of editiorial for the sake of someone else's drama. The costume change is just a reminder of her other character regression.

We cannot even joke about "at least they got her clothes right", it's a full on **** your understanding/tracking of the character move.
    It shows that they don't care to get anything right.

Yeah it doesn't look like underwear. It looks like armor. The only similarity is the red parts.

Extraordinary Member

Also it's also kinda plain, your average superheroine leotard. Even for the sake of being sexy and stuff there are better options.

I don't really mind her wearing the costume if it's in an Avengers comic and they are doing some nostalgic trip. But I honestly need a break from it now, a visual break away from the awful **** that she experienced in X-franchise.

Wanda’s classic look is okay never was a fan of the pink body suit. Wada’s look had to much black that was pushing back the red. I say give her a new look and a attitude that screams she is done with everyone’s bs and stick to it. No novice in magic mindset and no daddy’s helpless princess that is annoying. Wanda running is confusing cause she would die fighting before she would accept a cowards death.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

...I like the stockings...
    Subconscious takes over. And she hasn't progressed while wearing that costume in decades. How comics treated her then is not how they've treated her in the past 17. These are not the same people handling the character. Each time she's been in that costume in the modern era, it's been for regression of the character. There is an association.

And it's also extremely dated and tacky.
    I mean, again, I don't think that's the fault of the costume so much as the stories, but I also feel like the look is nice and timeless and basically set Wanda's overall look, so we'll have to agree to disagree there.

(I feel like I'm reading a Carol Danvers thread debating the Ms. Marvel costume).
    Yeah it doesn't look like underwear. It looks like armor. The only similarity is the red parts.
    The basic design looks the same to me. I think they were channeling both for her WaTXM look.

Extraordinary Member

I'm just going to look for clues about whether she gets anything after this story or just stays dead. I don't expect the story to have anything to do with her until maybe the last issue.

If she doesn't have something going in the comics by the beginning of 2022, with a new movie coming out (in some form) and the MCU's Emmy-nomination-machine just behind her, then she never will.

This story could be the beginning of the end or it could be something they have to get out of the way before "Inferno" ends and then she can move on. Until we find out which it is, I find it hard to care.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I’m beginning to associate it with attempts to make her into a weak, little-girl version of herself who needs men like Strange to fix her mistakes and Magneto to protect her. It’s a shame, but that’s how we get nice things ruined.
    Yeah, they re really regressing wanda on xmen books. It sucks so much

I really don't understand why she is using the old costume when she has a much better now

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I believe ToM may be a story they were forced to get out before the movie came out because the MCU most likely will begin to hint at mutants and about Wanda and Pietro being part of them given how now the multiverse is fully out of control and the MCU can now fully involve Fox X-men universe in their continuity. Elizabeth Olsen also said Wanda was a mutant and Magneto´s child but I don´t know if she was talking about the comics or if this will be fully integrated in her MCU story in Multiverse of Madness or a future movie or series.

So after ToM is done they will most likely send her back to the Avengers side, because she´s never stopping mainly being an Avengers and that´s why they are involved in the story while Pietro will be able to get back into going from one side to another. I doubt they have plans to make more family focused stories until they get a writer that´s particulary interested in writting them as family.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-15-2021 at 12:58 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I believe ToM may be a story they were forced to get out before the movie came out because the MCU most likely will begin to hint at mutants and about Wanda and Pietro being part of them given how now the multiverse is fully out of control and the MCU can now fully involve Fox X-men universe in their continuity. Elizabeth Olsen also said Wanda was a mutant and Magneto´s child but I don´t know if she was talking about the comics or if this will be fully integrated in her MCU story in Multiverse of Madness or a future movie or series.
    Maybe this is because I don't want it to happen, but I don't think they're hinting at Wanda being a mutant at all.

She was portrayed sort of as a mutant in Civil War, with her power being defined as "mov[ing] things with my mind" and the media hating and fearing her even though she was trying to save lives.

But her show took that back and said that she is a witch, her powers are magic, and her powers have always been magic. The Evan Peters tease was more of a casting joke and one of the many fake-outs in the show (which drove me kind of nuts, TBH). They also, and I'm glad of this, show no signs at all of hinting that her parents are anyone except those two Eastern Europeans who got killed.

"Trial of Magneto" is something they were planning at least as far back as 2019, when Bleeding Cool said they'd delayed a Scarlet Witch/Magneto story until after WandaVision came out.

Feige put Wanda in the MCU back when there was no chance of her ever being a mutant, so whatever interests him about the character, it has nothing to do with Magneto or mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post

So after ToM is done they will most likely send her back to the Avengers side, because she´s never stopping mainly being an Avengers and that´s why they are involved in the story while Pietro will be able to get back into going from one side to another. I doubt they have plans to make more family focused stories until they get a writer that´s particulary interested in writting them as family.
    No. MCU won't hint at wanda or pietro being mutants. people need to get over this, they had a entir series to do it and choose not.
    Wanda's oigin is close to wanda solo book
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I'm just going to look for clues about whether she gets anything after this story or just stays dead. I don't expect the story to have anything to do with her until maybe the last issue.

If she doesn't have something going in the comics by the beginning of 2022, with a new movie coming out (in some form) and the MCU's Emmy-nomination-machine just behind her, then she never will.

This story could be the beginning of the end or it could be something they have to get out of the way before "Inferno" ends and then she can move on. Until we find out which it is, I find it hard to care.
    lets keep our eyes open.

wanda best chances are getting a Eic or avengers editor that want to do a book with her, for now that seems like a no