Page 495 of 774 FirstFirst ... 395445485491492493494495496497498499505545595 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,425 of 11598

I do care because that doesn't respect most of her 57 years as a hero. Completely would disregard it for drama sake. And most that want her be a villain do because of a severe misconception of the character. Or think the will give them reverse HoM so they can have mutants.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Never said so.
    I want her to be powerful too, but trust has to be earned.If she is trustworthy at the end of MoM that's not good imo.
    Bruh comics already only focus on HoM, and her questionable stuff in MCU hasn't been translated in comics at all.

But it is what she has done.She has been a HYDRA terrorist for a long time, then Ultron.Then CW and then Hex.That's a lot of what she is.Never said moping, but ignoring this is bad writing.
    Specially since she knew what the Hex was doing and still kept it up.Also HYDRA was her own choice along with ultron.Again her trauma is a good reason but if some one is drunk driving and kells pedestrians they will face consequences.Maybe they lost their family, that's why we understand them but not let it go free.

I don't know what you mean by that?Can you elaborate
    She was not a Hydra terrorist for a long time and most of her mishaps were mistakes.

This.
    She can go from this to full hero slowly but you can't just do a complete 180.
    She was already a hero. She's just one that has made mistakes. Just like Tony creating Ultron or developing weapons of war. Or macking on someone's aunt while he's with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I do care because that doesn't respect most of her 57 years as a hero. Completely would disregard it for drama sake. And most that want her be a villain do because of a severe misconception of the character. Or think the will give them reverse HoM so they can have mutants.
    I mean making her an anti-hero instead of an outright hero is a new way to go about her character. The way they portray her in MCU is more geared towards movie fans than comic fans. Even then some of her comic fans like the portrayal cause it introduces a new dynamic.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member

She was not a Hydra terrorist for a long time and most of her mishaps were mistakes.
    I already pointed out that "mishaps" doesn't excuse what she's done to the MU world.I do agree these shouldn't be counted but she has done a lot of stuff with full purpose:-

1)AoU she stops Pietro and lets Stark take the Staff because she knows he will self-destruct.She saw his fears and manipulated Stark into getting into his own head which lead to Ultron.

2)She set loose The Hulk on innocent civilians.The only reason tens of thousands or even millions aren't dead is because of Tony.

3)The Hex was enslaving and torturing 3000 innocent civilians.She didn't realize this at first but when she does she still keeps it up.Even when some others bring the topic of how she did this she brushed it off.

And that's leaving out voluntarily wanting to take out the Avengers.Tony is understandable but still a bit wrong, the avengers did nothing to her.

That's more than what most villains do.

Extraordinary Member

She was already a hero. She's just one that has made mistakes. Just like Tony creating Ultron or developing weapons of war. Or macking on someone's aunt while he's with someone else.
    Tony paid heavily for said mistakes, moreover

1)Tony stopped weapons manufacturing as soon as he realized how harmful it was, unlike Wanda with the Hex

2)Again Wanda manipulated him into doing so.She f*cked his mind into full-panic mode.
    And since you do think intentions matter a lot, Tony was trying to save the world from a very real threat which did come and they lost to it
    Wanda F*cked with tony's mind for revenge.She saw in his mind his fears and put them in overdrive.
    "I didn't expect [Ultron], but I saw Stark's fear. I knew it would control him. Make him self-destruct."
    Her motives were personal and selfish whereas Stark was trying to save the world.

And that was teasing at best and that too for annoying Peter.

And are you really comparing light flirting with unleashing the hulk on civilians or capturing, enslaving and mentally torturing 3000 civilians to the point where they were begging for death.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-23-2021 at 09:09 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Without getting into arguments about MCU Wanda, I think it's fine for her to "pay" for the things she's done, and I wish the end of "WandaVision" had shown her being sorry for what she did (well, she did say "sorry" to Monica but it wasn't a big thing) and vowing to make up for it. The fact that it didn't do that is one thing that makes me worry about where she's headed in Strange 2, because they didn't definitively show that she's learned her lesson or grown from it.

There's a difference between making a character do bad things and making them a villain. Villains hurt other people and justify it that it was OK. Wanda isn't at that level in WandaVision because once she's snapped out of her denial and can't deny that she's hurting people, she never considers trying to keep the Hex going. That doesn't make her a hero -- "heroes don't torture people," Agatha says, and everyone agrees with her -- just not a villain yet.

I would like to see that be her lowest point and have her grow from there, but I fear she's going to sink still lower and maybe get back in "WandaVision 2" or whatever it will be called. We'll see.

But yeah, unleashing the Hulk on a town is the worst thing she's ever done, worse than anything she did on her show. It's so bad that Hayward on "WandaVision" doesn't even mention it in a list of her crimes, as if the writers agreed to forget that scene existed. Weird that no one pointed out to Whedon and Feige that if Wanda and Pietro deliberately set the Hulk loose on a city, they should be in prison.

But I think of that more as bad writing/plot holes, while Wanda's actions in WandaVision, however much I wish she hadn't done them, are not really out of character. But if she went villain and started hurting people and justifying that it was OK for her to hurt them, then... well, I'd be very disappointed that they won't let her grow.

1)Tony stopped weapons manufacturing as soon as he realized how harmful it was, unlike Wanda with the Hex

2)Again Wanda manipulated him into doing so.She f*cked his mind into full-panic mode.

And are you really comparing light flirting with unleashing the hulk on civilians or capturing, enslaving and mentally torturing 3000 civilians to the point where they were begging for death.
    Why are you in her appreciation thread trying to line up that she's some anti-hero by exaggerating stuff? You know damn well that her beginning parts of the MCU were meant to reflect her time with the Brotherhood when she was thinking she was doing what was best. Because the leader of her team painted a certain picture. And that the other stuff was a mistake. There is no malice in MCU Wanda. So go away with that bs.

Also how did Tony pay for anything? He didn't pay for Ultron, nor did he pay for hitting on Aunt May. Pepper never even knew.

I already pointed out that "mishaps" doesn't excuse what she's done to the MU world.I do agree these shouldn't be counted but she has done a lot of stuff with full purpose:-

1)AoU she stops Pietro and lets Stark take the Staff because she knows he will self-destruct.She saw his fears and manipulated Stark into getting into his own head which lead to Ultron.

2)She set loose The Hulk on innocent civilians.The only reason tens of thousands or even millions aren't dead is because of Tony.

3)The Hex was enslaving and torturing 3000 innocent civilians.She didn't realize this at first but when she does she still keeps it up.Even when some others bring the topic of how she did this she brushed it off.

And that's leaving out voluntarily wanting to take out the Avengers.Tony is understandable but still a bit wrong, the avengers did nothing to her.

Yes it does. Intent matters when assessing if someone is a villain, anti-hero or just flawed hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I mean making her an anti-hero instead of an outright hero is a new way to go about her character. The way they portray her in MCU is more geared towards movie fans than comic fans. Even then some of her comic fans like the portrayal cause it introduces a new dynamic.
    Good girl gone bad is such a long standing trope, I can't even, lol. Some of the MCU fans like it because they think it'll give them mutants. It'd do nothing for Wanda but like what comics did, forget her history.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 07-23-2021 at 09:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Not stopping someone from jumping off a cliff is not manipulation. People aren't required to babysit him.

Elizabeth Olsen was awarded the Filming Italy Woman Power Award at the 2021 Filming Italy Sardegna Festival
    E6_UzaGUUAUBTEy.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Not stopping someone from jumping off a cliff is not manipulation. People aren't required to babysit him.
    Bruh she mind-f*cked him.
    This was pushing someone of a cliff.

Jesus the blatant bias...

Extraordinary Member

And since you do think intentions matter a lot, Tony was trying to save the world from a very real threat which did come and they lost to it
    Wanda F*cked with tony's mind for revenge.She saw in his mind his fears and put them in overdrive.
    "I didn't expect [Ultron], but I saw Stark's fear. I knew it would control him. Make him self-destruct."
    Her motives were personal and selfish whereas Stark was trying to save the world.

Wanda unknowingly did the hex, but again Tony allowing its corporartion running wild for war profits for decades(compared to 2 weeks) is somehow more forgivable because he also supposedly doesn't know. Double standard much?

She showed what is already in his head.
    Her motivation from her perspective is to rid the world of a warmongerer or let the warmongerer destroy itself, the movie said as much about the twins see the US/Avengers as invaders, but somehow that's selfish I guess?. But somehow Tony should always be the noble one because the narrative is about him I guess?

Bruh she mind-f*cked him.
    This was pushing someone of a cliff.

Jesus the blatant bias...
    The only blatant bias is you not seeing that initially she was mislead that she never meant to hurt anyone to try and make her a villain out of some fantasy.