Page 507 of 774 FirstFirst ... 7407457497503504505506507508509510511517557607 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 11598

If turning her back into a mutant means Marvel will finally let her go back to the Avengers, have her own narrative, relationships, etc. Then I'll submit to that. It doesn't really change her either way personally. But she needs to be allowed to grow. I don't really think that's it because they left her in limbo when she was a mutant and Mags kid. But whatever their hang up is with her, get rid of it.

If they make her a mutant and not Pietro, or have him be the one that killed her or any nonsense, I will not be pleased. Pietro suffered with the retcon.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    If turning her back into a mutant means Marvel will finally let her go back to the Avengers, have her own narrative, relationships, etc. Then I'll submit to that. It doesn't really change her either way personally. But she needs to be allowed to grow. I don't really think that's it because they left her in limbo when she was a mutant and Mags kid. But whatever their hang up is with her, get rid of it.

If they make her a mutant and not Pietro, or have him be the one that killed her or any nonsense, I will not be pleased. Pietro suffered with the retcon.
    I’m in the minority, but I’d like if Wanda was a mutant again. Though she didn’t do anything with it, it at least showed that a mutant doesn’t have to be all in on being a mutant as a core of their identity. For Wanda her core is magic and that’s what I’ve always like about her magic was that it was specifically ment to be unpredictable.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Honestly i doubt they will touch anything about Children's crussade in the trial of magneto, probably just gonna explain that Wanda said those words and blah blah...

The best we can hope is that if she does get resurrected as a mutant (yeah i know most of y'all hate that) they can finally leave her alone since one of the rules of Krakoa is to forget the sins mutants made in the past.

And she can go back to her franchise home where i prefer her to stay in limbo than being dragged by the x-books and being used as their plot device for stories.
    I hate people acting like being a mutant is the most important thing ever, and being one will magically solve her current situation.
    For all I know it could also mean she will end up free to use as a plot device for X-franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I’m in the minority, but I’d like if Wanda was a mutant again. Though she didn’t do anything with it, it at least showed that a mutant doesn’t have to be all in on being a mutant as a core of their identity. For Wanda her core is magic and that’s what I’ve always like about her magic was that it was specifically ment to be unpredictable.
    She did learn to control that which was why they originally brought in Agatha. Marvel just forgets that part.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I hate people acting like being a mutant is the most important thing ever, and being one will magically solve her current situation.
    For all I know it could also mean she will end up free to use as a plot device for X-franchise.
    Yep, it could just as easily be that. Then we have to see on Twitter about how her being used as a plot device always is magically some power moment for her, lol.

Extraordinary Member

I think Wanda should be a mutant (she doesn't need to be resurrected, just say she and Pietro were always mutants, High Evolutionary lied, whatever). I don't think her lack of success in recent comics has anything to do with her not being a mutant. The fact that she was being "saved" to be killed off in this dumb X-Men story just suggests that the mutant side of Marvel holds her back, just like "No more mutants" kept her out of comics for years.

She's a mutant but her home is with the Avengers. Until the Avengers will use her again, nothing changes. And you can't blame the X-Men writers and editors for her not being used in the Avengers comics.

Extraordinary Member

Well, at the very least they are responsible for the character not having some peace and quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think Wanda should be a mutant (she doesn't need to be resurrected, just say she and Pietro were always mutants, High Evolutionary lied, whatever). I don't think her lack of success in recent comics has anything to do with her not being a mutant. The fact that she was being "saved" to be killed off in this dumb X-Men story just suggests that the mutant side of Marvel holds her back, just like "No more mutants" kept her out of comics for years.

She's a mutant but her home is with the Avengers. Until the Avengers will use her again, nothing changes. And you can't blame the X-Men writers and editors for her not being used in the Avengers comics.
    It's not that their editors and writers keep her from being written. It's that having your character commit genocide is a hard hurdle to get over in turning them back into a hero and putting them on a main book like Avengers. I think they just didn't know how to clean up the mess (I'm talking Avengers side). And then when they did do it, they made it needlessly complicated and botched it all.

Well, at the very least they are responsible for the character not having some peace and quiet.
    There's this too. It's not like x-side has handled her particularly well to have any confidence in that side.

It's not important to me, it's just one of the most logic outcomes from this mini event, the other option is she staying dead for years till someone wants to resurrect her and use her as her plot device again...

It's not like we have any options, the avengers office seems to already gave up about her or doesn't care about what they're doing with her, jobbing and getting murderer in the x-books.

We honestly don't know any of the logical outcomes other than them using her to create some change or reckoning for Krakoa.

They've never even hinted at her being resurrected. She might not be able to be if she's still human. Hell, this body might not even be her.

Both offices have given up on her. She isn't used in any sort of way that's good for her here. She's a dead body. She's no better than an extra in a crime drama. Anyone could be in her place and have the story play out the same.

Extraordinary Member

It's not that their editors and writers keep her from being written. It's that having your character commit genocide is a hard hurdle to get over in turning them back into a hero and putting them on a main book like Avengers. I think they just didn't know how to clean up the mess (I'm talking Avengers side). And then when they did do it, they made it needlessly complicated and botched it all.
    I think even that is the fault of the Avengers office, though. House of M was from the Avengers writer and the Avengers editor; they did "no more mutants" on the order of Quesada, but they were the ones who decided not to give Wanda any "out" and show that she wiped out mutants just to get back at daddy.

Until the Avengers office treats her right, nothing will change.

HoM left very few ways out. Many fans didn't accepted Childresn's Crusade absolving Wanda.

Iron MAan got a easier way out

True both offices but i didn't mention the x-office cause for now it's obvious that they don't care about her.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think even that is the fault of the Avengers office, though. House of M was from the Avengers writer and the Avengers editor; they did "no more mutants" on the order of Quesada, but they were the ones who decided not to give Wanda any "out" and show that she wiped out mutants just to get back at daddy.

Until the Avengers office treats her right, nothing will change.
    It's the fault of Marvel entirely. All these things are planned out, and agreed to on their writer retreats. It's not like this was ordered and writers and editors protested.

Until Marvel treats her right nothing will change.

The X-books aren't doing any better here. She's still being used as a plot device for the furthering of their narrative (just like HoM), she's absent in the story (just like HoM), she has no narrative, no autonomy. Nothing is different. People have to stop pretending like one side will be better for her and if you change one minor factoid about her, everything will be better.

Because it wasn't for 10 years when she was a mutant and Mags' kid.

And still her best showings have been Zub's Avengers titles and her solos. Which were A side.