Page 509 of 774 FirstFirst ... 9409459499505506507508509510511512513519559609 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,635 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think they'll do that. This isn't that story. It's about Krakoa's future.
    And a big part of Krakoa's culture is the pretender rn...

If the truth behind HoM is changed, it will have an effect on krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    No, it wasn't part of the X-line, and yes, Emily Shaw, who worked in Paniccia's office was the editor for most of the series.

Paniccia always got the stuff that some other editor had given up, like he got Fantastic Four during the period when it was about to be canceled and Brevoort had to give it up. Then it got un-canceled and Brevoort took it back. He also got the Ultimate line when it was on its last legs, and X-Men First Class, and X-Men Forever. He did a lot of books I really liked (like X-Men First Class) because the B-list titles are sometimes more fun than the A-list.
    I like his work usually and would like to see him take over Brevoort's job honestly. His Star Wars stuff is pretty solid.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Honestly i doubt they will touch anything about Children's crussade in the trial of magneto, probably just gonna explain that Wanda said those words and blah blah...

The best we can hope is that if she does get resurrected as a mutant (yeah i know most of y'all hate that) they can finally leave her alone since one of the rules of Krakoa is to forget the sins mutants made in the past.

And she can go back to her franchise home where i prefer her to stay in limbo than being dragged by the x-books and being used as their plot device for stories.
    Wait people don't want her to be a mutant.
    I thought that's perfect since moral dilemma for krakoa since they are forgiving mutants.
    And also Wanda as a mutant being indirectly or directly related to the no more mutants is interesting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I hate people acting like being a mutant is the most important thing ever, and being one will magically solve her current situation.
    For all I know it could also mean she will end up free to use as a plot device for X-franchise.
    I mean she already seems like one in both her stories coming up.Worth a shot right?

Extraordinary Member

We honestly don't know any of the logical outcomes other than them using her to create some change or reckoning for Krakoa.

They've never even hinted at her being resurrected. She might not be able to be if she's still human. Hell, this body might not even be her.

Both offices have given up on her. She isn't used in any sort of way that's good for her here. She's a dead body. She's no better than an extra in a crime drama. Anyone could be in her place and have the story play out the same.
    Pretty sure that's a big outcome probability wise.

That and going back to being a mutant seems like so something they would do

Extraordinary Member

It's the fault of Marvel entirely. All these things are planned out, and agreed to on their writer retreats. It's not like this was ordered and writers and editors protested.

Until Marvel treats her right nothing will change.

The X-books aren't doing any better here. She's still being used as a plot device for the furthering of their narrative (just like HoM), she's absent in the story (just like HoM), she has no narrative, no autonomy. Nothing is different. People have to stop pretending like one side will be better for her and if you change one minor factoid about her, everything will be better.

Because it wasn't for 10 years when she was a mutant and Mags' kid.

And still her best showings have been Zub's Avengers titles and her solos. Which were A side.
    I mean if marvel won't do it now with her current popularity would they ever....

Extraordinary Member

I'm ready for Teen Wanda. I hope she's just tired of everyone's **** and goes and lives in the woods.
    My headcanon in regards to this situation is either Kya Maximoff replacing Wanda as the Scarlet Witch, and she is for all intents and purposes just Wanda but a hermit.
    (Yeah, Kya from Thor Reigning is more like the vengeful type, but I am just using her as a vessel for hermit Wanda.)
    Or a Wanda who replaced Chthon at some point in the future and she just treat the world as some kind of amusement park and take none of the things seriously anymore.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I mean she already seems like one in both her stories coming up.Worth a shot right?
    If this is you saying things can't get worse anyway, then yeah, it technically cannot get worse.
    But I have deal with the extra annoyances of some Magnus family fans who suck up to that because they got their dreamy happy family.

Extraordinary Member

And a big part of Krakoa's culture is the pretender rn...

If the truth behind HoM is changed, it will have an effect on krakoa
    Not really, Krakoa is the actually important thing at Marvel.
    A single character's narrative will never win against the narrative need of a way bigger franchise.
    There is no if, because as long as the need exists, there will be no change.

Since this is the better structured comment and not just insults I'll reply to this one:-

1)I know.I never said she created it.Just kept it going after finding out.

2)Could you pm me the post if possible.I find that quite possibly the worst line in the show(the sacrifice thing is the worst but I'm grouping them here .If you agree with one and just think the other is good then cool.and I'm hardly alone in this).
    Just the fact she thinks Wanda is the victim here is just....(I'm saying even though I understand why she did said thing, still doesn't make it right).Like a drunk driver killing pedestrians.Now the driver may have lost family and was grieving but what consolation is that to the driver's victims.

3)Yeah.Just pointing something out that I found intriguing.I didn't claim they were making the comparison, just said that I saw said thing and I found it intriguing enough to post.

4)Never said that.I'm not saying that she didn't have motivations and the trauma to back her decisions.Just saying that if you look at this from other POV's than Wanda or even a third person prespective and aren't told who's the hero she come's off as an empathetic bad guy.
    Thanos is a villain and his motivation is saving the world and his method while cruel worked in the past.
    Wanda is a hero who (after having unleashed the hulk and mind-f*cking Tony into Ultron) went ahead and kept the Hex up after realizing what it does.Her motivations were in part revenge and her own family.
    I mean...
    What I said about Monica was just this, more about how she's written in general:

I'm also not sure if you can say Monica is just fine. She tries to act like she is when she goes back to work and etc, but I'd say that's not really that healthy. And then she gets sort of obsessed with this, and, not with wanting to help the citizens that are suffering, but with helping Wanda. She went through the same thing as them but she doesn't talk about how she can't let them go through that, she keeps talking about how she's not gonna stop until she can help Wanda. To me that feels like she almost sees dealing with Wanda as a way to work through her own emotions. That if Wanda can heal, then she can too. But if Wanda keeps getting devoured by her pain, then that means something for her as well.
    Though I also said this about that specific line:
    I think that when judging that line, people are underestimating how big of a deal it is to basically sacrifice your children and husband. I guess because everyone thinks they just "weren't real", when that was actually never what the show went for. Agatha says that the reason they have to die is because Wanda ended up making their existence tied to the existence of the hex. But they're real flesh and blood (Vibranium for Vis) people.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...n-2021/page363

And yeah. What Wanda did is fucked up, I'm not trying to deny that. The people of Westview don't own her forgiveness, and I think she understands that.

I just think people can do bad things and still be good at heart (depending on the context), and you can still understand and empathize with them. And I really hate the people trying to make things considerably worse than they are by ignoring all the context and/or sayings things like "they made the black woman defend slavery" to make a point against her.

On this show, she wasn't a hero, yes. I don't know if I would say "empathetic bad guy", because again I don't think Wanda is really a bad person, and from a narrative standpoint, Wanda is the protagonist and therefore Agatha/Hayward are the antagonists. If the show was about a Westview citizen, then yeah.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 07-23-2021 at 10:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    What I said about Monica was just this, more about how she's written in general:

Though I also said this about that specific line:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...n-2021/page363

And yeah. What Wanda did is fucked up, I'm not trying to deny that. The people of Westview don't own her forgiveness, and I think she understands that.

I just think people can do bad things and still be good at heart (depending on the context), and you can still understand and empathize with them. And I really hate the people trying to make things considerably worse than they are by ignoring all the context and/or sayings things like "they made the black woman defend slavery" to make a point against her.

On this show, she wasn't a hero, yes. I don't know if I would say "empathetic bad guy", because again I don't think Wanda is really a bad person, and from a narrative standpoint, Wanda is the protagonist and therefore Agatha/Hayward are the antagonists. If the show was about a Westview citizen, then yeah.
    Yeah Wanda isn't a bad person at heart.Not at all.She pretty good in that department.

One thing I feel took away from what she has sacrificed was that Vision is alive and has full memories
    And that she's immediately gone back for her kids and will probably go too far for them.

All 3 will be back, even when saying goodbye it was more of a see you again.The show makes a big deal about letting go but it's for nothing.Not only is vision alive she just straight up forgets everything she should have learned.

And as I said I think Wanda knows what she has done is wrong.It's just
    1)Her stans who says she didn't do anything wrong so much so as saying the hulk in AoU didn't hurt anyone.I'm not kidding, someone actually said that.
    2)Monica.Wanda isn't trying to excuse herself but Monica is, I understand Monica understands what she went through and thus sympathize's with her.We all do but she's straight up just ignoring everyone else.
    3)She goes right back into the Darkhold stuff.Which is dangerous to say the least.Even though Agatha told her her destiny is to destroy.I mean, at some point you need to get outside help.Like Strange or Kamar Taj.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-23-2021 at 11:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member

If this is you saying things can't get worse anyway, then yeah, it technically cannot get worse.
    But I have deal with the extra annoyances of some Magnus family fans who suck up to that because they got their dreamy happy family.
    Yeah okay.I can see that.
    I don't think they ever will be a happy family

Extraordinary Member

Not really, Krakoa is the actually important thing at Marvel.
    A single character's narrative will never win against the narrative need of a way bigger franchise.
    There is no if, because as long as the need exists, there will be no change.
    Yeah.
    I meant her relationship with Krakoa is of importance and that any major change to her specially in regards to hoM or being a mutant will affect krakoa

My opinion on Westview is Wanda should have kept it up & kicked out the people if they were so damn miserable eventhough she improved their lives. The fact she shut it down just because grown adults were complaining about nightmares & wanting to hold their kids. Solution open a hole in the barrier grab yo kids & get TF out. I think MCU Billy & Tommy are probably gonna have some tension with Wanda she pretty much said the lives of those random nobodies outweighs their own. Actually that could be a juicy ass plotline in MOM.....

I don’t know if it’s been said, though on the SDCC Marvel panel Jordan D White said Wanda is not an X-character(obviously). So hopefully whatever comes out of Trial of Magneto it’s HoM will never be brought up again for Wanda and she can be used in Avenger comics or solo again without other writers having to worry about the baggage.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!