Page 515 of 774 FirstFirst ... 15415465505511512513514515516517518519525565615 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,725 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

X-fans wanting it or not doesn't change Wanda getting milked for drama.
    We are never talking about fan desire here, if that matters, Wanda will be already running around guilt free since HoM is not really what her fans want. But here we go anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Stories that no x-fan wanted? that is head canon. It was done to minimize mutants because they didn't have the rights and wanda was used for it. It's just that simple. no x-fan asked for this story and i doubt any writer other than Bendis enjoyed having their hands tied from creating new mutants. What benefit did decimation have for the x-books? none. they were selling fine before.
    It doesn't matter what any fans truly want. These guys decide together what stories they want to tell, map them out and then decide what sells best. And Brevoort has said that pissing fans off sells issues. We didn't want it, you didn't want it. Marvel wasn't convinced.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

The funniest part to me is people say it created story but if you look at the sales data from 2005 on you will see decimation utterly killed the x-books by taking popular characters off the table. no franchise asks for that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Saying X-franchise using Wanda as a plot device is not the same as saying X-fans wanting her as one.
    But again most X-fans are pretty indifferent of her treatment as they probably should, I only ask for her removal and freedom from that franchise that offers nearly nothing and prefers to use her as a thing.

The funniest part to me is people say it created story but if you look at the sales data from 2005 on you will see decimation utterly killed the x-books by taking popular characters off the table. no franchise asks for that.
    It's a failure on Marvel's part. They wanted to shake things up. Their events don't sell as well as Batman and Star Wars but they keep doing them ad nauseum. They might just be slow on the uptake.

Extraordinary Member

You again are missing the point, the editorial subjecitvely thought it's a good move and they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Saying X-franchise using Wanda as a plot device is not the same as saying X-fans wanting her as one.
    But again most X-fans are pretty indifferent of her treatment as they probably should, I only ask for her removal and freedom from that franchise that offers nearly nothing and prefers to use her as a thing.
    I can't speak for most x-fans but i've bought the books scarlet witch was in so im tired of beiing made to feel like my voice should be less because i am an x-fan. No! we exist. there are x-fans that enjoy wanda and whether people want her a mutant or not is there on personal problem i just want more wanda and if it's in the x-books fine but i supported her when they took her mutantdom away and she was a much more well rounded character before. Now she just waddles from story to story with no real anchor or place.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Yep, they rarely make comics due to popular vote. They don't usually ask readers.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    You again are missing the point, the editorial subjecitvely thought it's a good move and they do it.
    I don't care about the point, i'm not editoral i am a wanda fan and an x-fan and no x-fan asked for the story but i can understand being upset most of their favorites were wiped off the board. It is what it is. We are in a new time.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I can't speak for most x-fans but i've bought the books scarlet witch was in so im tired of beiing made to feel like my voice should be less because i am an x-fan. No! we exist. there are x-fans that enjoy wanda and whether people want her a mutant or not is there on personal problem i just want more wanda and if it's in the x-books fine but i supported her when they took her mutantdom away and she was a much more well rounded character before. Now she just waddles from story to story with no real anchor or place.
    It likely won't be in the X-books with Jordan White's answer to her status from Comic-con. They are likely using her for this story and shipping her off again. To where... no one knows. But if they don't ever capitalize on her show or Strange 2, they are fools.

Extraordinary Member

So are you happy with what you got right now?
    Yes you exist, good for you, but do you think right now she is getting decent content?

Extraordinary Member

I don't care about the point, i'm not editoral i am a wanda fan and an x-fan and no x-fan asked for the story but i can understand being upset most of their favorites were wiped off the board. It is what it is. We are in a new time.
    And in this new time Wanda is a **** up and a corpse in X-books, not the best starter and I don't want her to stay.There is nothing for her.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's a failure on Marvel's part. They wanted to shake things up. Their events don't sell as well as Batman and Star Wars but they keep doing them ad nauseum. They might just be slow on the uptake.
    But that was the point, it was purposeful, and they were successful. The data on the numbers of X-books sold prior and post shows it was successful. I don't see why x-fans are getting the slack though if wanda was wiped out or the avengers in the x-books or all your favorite characters depowered i would imagine the reaction would be similar. Perhaps some x-fans that were wanda fans too just gave up because they felt the avengers office would never address it. There are a lot of variables here but one constant is it was done on purpose not by any fan base.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Where is this misconception that this story was purely "Avengers Office" coming from? It was written by Bendis, but Marvel as a whole, each branch/office had a hand in doling out this crap story for Wanda and perpetuating it for 20 years after. Stephanie Moore and Tom Brevoort were editors for HoM and the story was coordinated at a retreat with writers and editors from each corner of Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    Where is this misconception that this story was purely "Avengers Office" coming from? It was written by Bendis, but Marvel as a whole, each branch/office had a hand in doling out this crap story for Wanda and perpetuating it for 20 years after. Stephanie Moore and Tom Brevoort were editors for HoM and the story was coordinated at a retreat with writers and editors from each corner of Marvel.
    People are desperate to want the other writers and editors absolved even though they were in the same room when this stuff was planned out. And even though every recent depiction of Wanda on that side has been severally OOC.