Page 516 of 774 FirstFirst ... 16416466506512513514515516517518519520526566616 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,740 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But that was the point, it was purposeful, and they were successful. The data on the numbers of X-books sold prior and post shows it was successful. I don't see why x-fans are getting the slack though if wanda was wiped out or the avengers in the x-books or all your favorite characters depowered i would imagine the reaction would be similar. Perhaps some x-fans that were wanda fans too just gave up because they felt the avengers office would never address it. There are a lot of variables here but one constant is it was done on purpose not by any fan base.
    There were and still are a lot of X-fans that don't like Wanda, don't care or are happy she's dead.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

In the end she got fucked over all over the place but at least she got something in Avengers and magic side I want to see.
    I am just tired of false hope and people eating things up just because yayyy, Magneto's little girl and sis is a mutant. Loads of people don't understand the bare minimum of her but they get to shape the casuals' perception of her because god they are loud.
    I won't mind her involved in X-franchise if she is well-off, but the thing is she is really not.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    And in this new time Wanda is a **** up and a corpse in X-books, not the best starter and I don't want her to stay.There is nothing for her.
    Right now but who knows where that may go. I don't judge a story by the first issue but i will tell you i took the issues of Emprye X-men and felt sympathy for wanda. I can't say how other take it but in that one x mini that showed more desperation and need to fix what she did than anything the avengers line has provided since house of m. Did it mess up? Sure? But she tried and i felt her pain.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    Where is this misconception that this story was purely "Avengers Office" coming from? It was written by Bendis, but Marvel as a whole, each branch/office had a hand in doling out this crap story for Wanda and perpetuating it for 20 years after. Stephanie Moore and Tom Brevoort were editors for HoM and the story was coordinated at a retreat with writers and editors from each corner of Marvel.
    It was a avengers and x:men crossover. It came from EIC not from avengers editors

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    Where is this misconception that this story was purely "Avengers Office" coming from? It was written by Bendis, but Marvel as a whole, each branch/office had a hand in doling out this crap story for Wanda and perpetuating it for 20 years after. Stephanie Moore and Tom Brevoort were editors for HoM and the story was coordinated at a retreat with writers and editors from each corner of Marvel.
    If a company is telling you "We are going to cull mutants?" please tell me what should have been said in a meeting where you are being told we are trying to minimize your line. What power do you think the x-line had going into a situation other than going "um... ok?" That imo is why the x-line played it so well. Things like decimation and civil war, you don't write those kind of stories if you were FOR the pitch. Queue Captain Marvel scene with emma reeling her out.

And if the X-line hated wanda so much why was she put in so many x- crossovers. Onslaught comes to mind. There wasn't true disrepect for the character of wanda until after no more mutants which speaks more to bitterness over the situation than wanda specifically.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-26-2021 at 09:54 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

If a company is telling you "We are going to cull mutants?" please tell me what should have been said in a meeting where you are being told we are trying to minimize your line. What power do you think the x-line had going into a situation other than going "um... ok?" That imo is why the x-line played it so well. Things like decimation and civil war, you don't write those kind of stories if you were FOR the pitch. Queue Captain Marvel scene with emma reeling her out.

And if the X-line hated wanda so much why was she put in so many x- crossovers. Onslaught comes to mind. There wasn't true disrepect for the character of wanda until after no more mutants which speaks more to bitterness over the situation than wanda specifically.
    You assume writers write things because they enjoy seeing characters flourish. When they are all for tearing things down and building them back up. Dissecting characters and having them go through trauma and struggle is a writer's playground. It didn't start to really cut down on issues of X-Men until 2014, and even then that was still 6 different books running.

Avengers has one book right now, lol.

Why are people being so critical of others' OPINIONS right now?

Wanda is dead and there will be a trial. I understand where people can find hope in the potential of the story, at least, featuring Wanda and see this as an opportunity to turn the page in her story. I also understand where people can be angry or dissatisfied because she is dead and we don't know if this will even lead to greener pastures for Wanda as an agent in her own narrative.

Disagree if you want, its part of the conversation. But getting angry or purposely riling people up, just makes this place a chore to read through.

Extraordinary Member

Right now but who knows where that may go. I don't judge a story by the first issue but i will tell you i took the issues of Emprye X-men and felt sympathy for wanda. I can't say how other take it but in that one x mini that showed more desperation and need to fix what she did than anything the avengers line has provided since house of m. Did it mess up? Sure? But she tried and i felt her pain.
    Well, I sure feel sympathy for that clumsy little girl who end up dead.
    But it will take a lot of convincing for me to recognize that as Wanda.
    And in short, people can feel sorry and awwww fot her all they want, I enjoy none of that.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    You assume writers write things because they enjoy seeing characters flourish. When they are all for tearing things down and building them back up. Dissecting characters and having them go through trauma and struggle is a writer's playground. It didn't start to really cut down on issues of X-Men until 2014, and even then that was still 6 different books running.

Avengers has one book right now, lol.
    It completely backfired and makes sense to me. In a world where we were moving toward diversity, marvel was moving from their line thar explored the many different shades of that. I don't think it was personal it was obviously for a financial reason and if i worked for the company and saw where it was now i would have been proud of that decision still, but time caught up. Where they messed up was the publishing side getting petty.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Isn't Wanda's most prominent role prior to HoM on the x-side being a villain as part of Brotherhood of Evil Mutants while on the avengers side she's a hero as a part of the team. I think that alone is a pretty good reason to want Wanda away from the affairs of mutants especially the next storyline is built around her death.

It completely backfired and makes sense to me. In a world where we were moving toward diversity, marvel was moving from their line thar explored the many different shades of that. I don't think it was personal it was obviously for a financial reason and if i worked for the company and saw where it was now i would have been proud of that decision still, but time caught up. Where they messed up was the publishing side getting petty.
    Well, if they were better at this jwatson, comics would not be struggling overall right now or even before the pandemic.

Extraordinary Member

Her Brotherhood days were short, it's not really her being a villain, it's simply the irrelevance.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, I sure feel sympathy for that clumsy little girl who end up dead.
    But it will take a lot of convincing for me to recognize that as Wanda.
    And i can accept and respect that perspective all i'm saying is it's unfair to judge a story that hasn't happened based on an office that was only reacting the ultimate story provided. I'm sure a lot of writers and editors faves got wiped out at that moment too. But looking at it logically there was no benefit for the x-books to do that hit job on wanda, and it was a hit job. But she was not affecting books to that level and she was usually brought in when magneto was at his worst to slap him back to reality, it wasn't a custom of the x-books to portray wanda as a villain at any time in her history before No More Mutants. And after it polarized fans so much that it offered no benefit to have her in the x-books until it got cleaned up in her line.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Here's the thing. I agree. The story was a corporate-mandated crapfest. That begs the question. Why make this an X-office vs. Avengers-office feud? HoM was horrible for mutants and horrible for Wanda. I'm an X-fan and was devastated with the state this left the X-side of things. I'm enjoying their resurgence now, but I'm also aware that Wanda has been treated like crap by Marvel as a whole. She's wallpaper or nonexistent on the "Avengers" side of things and the pretender/bogeyman or incompetent damsel on the "X" side. I just think Marvel as a whole has mistreated her. I can understand the perspectives of people from the multitude of "sides" here, but find most of the griping and sniping to be pointless and a disservice to a Wanda Appreciation thread. In the end, I'm in the camp of wait-and-see, but no hopes or expectations for what lies ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Isn't Wanda's most prominent role prior to HoM on the x-side being a villain as part of Brotherhood of Evil Mutants while on the avengers side she's a hero as a part of the team. I think that alone is a pretty good reason to want Wanda away from the affairs of mutants especially the next storyline is built around her death.
    No. That role wasn't big. She stared on many avengers stories, her and vision mini.