Page 517 of 774 FirstFirst ... 17417467507513514515516517518519520521527567617 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,755 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Well, if they were better at this jwatson, comics would not be struggling overall right now or even before the pandemic.
    I am someone who reads most marvel books and i promise you you could feel the smugness in the pages at the time when reading like "mutants are nothing. we got the rights." i know that sounds crazy but i promise you if you go back and read some of the books at the time you could feel the smugness.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    Here's the thing. I agree. The story was a corporate-mandated crapfest. That begs the question. Why make this an X-office vs. Avengers-office feud? HoM was horrible for mutants and horrible for Wanda. I'm an X-fan and was devastated with the state this left the X-side of things. I'm enjoying their resurgence now, but I'm also aware that Wanda has been treated like crap by Marvel as a whole. She's wallpaper or nonexistent on the "Avengers" side of things and the pretender/bogeyman or incompetent damsel on the "X" side. I just think Marvel as a whole has mistreated her. I can understand the perspectives of people from the multitude of "sides" here, but find most of the griping and sniping to be pointless and a disservice to a Wanda Appreciation thread. In the end, I'm in the camp of wait-and-see, but no hopes or expectations for what lies ahead.
    I agree with you 1000% i been avoiding this thread and the trial thread because there are a group of wanda fans that make it seem like her getting panel time is the worst thing ever or the x-line has a personal vendetta against her when none of the writers that were around at that time are even writing x-books. I'm waiting and seeing too but i'm no less a wanda fan just because i'm an x-fan and i know that is on me for letting people make me feel like that or wanting to just avoid that energy.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And i can accept and respect that perspective all i'm saying is it's unfair to judge a story that hasn't happened based on an office that was only reacting the ultimate story provided. I'm sure a lot of writers and editors faves got wiped out at that moment too. But looking at it logically there was no benefit for the x-books to do that hit job on wanda, and it was a hit job. But she was not affecting books to that level and she was usually brought in when magneto was at his worst to slap him back to reality, it wasn't a custom of the x-books to portray wanda as a villain at any time in her history before No More Mutants. And after it polarized fans so much that it offered no benefit to have her in the x-books until it got cleaned up in her line.
    There is literally no excuse for what is already on the paper.Maybe by some miracle she as a character actually matters somewhat in this story.
    But from what is already shown, she is already out of character for me. Unless they explain that as "she is a dumb clone/bait" and othet crazy ****.

Extraordinary Member

I am someone who reads most marvel books and i promise you you could feel the smugness in the pages at the time when reading like "mutants are nothing. we got the rights." i know that sounds crazy but i promise you if you go back and read some of the books at the time you could feel the smugness.
    And what I read from X-books is "yeah, her actual personality doesn't matter anyway"...

Extraordinary Member

I agree with you 1000% i been avoiding this thread and the trial thread because there are a group of wanda fans that make it seem like her getting panel time is the worst thing ever or the x-line has a personal vendetta against her when none of the writers that were around at that time are even writing x-books. I'm waiting and seeing too but i'm no less a wanda fan just because i'm an x-fan and i know that is on me for letting people make me feel like that or wanting to just avoid that energy.
    I mean her panel time in current X-books is being a sexy corpse.
    I for one just wish to get this over with and she csn just run off. Or I can have some cynical laugh if the book does decide to keep her dead or dumb after.

I have no doubt there are egos in the bullpen.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

I mean can you blame them...

X-side has done her no good and her show has come out and this is her feature after a well-received show.

I've seen fans of other characters specifically in the X-office get mad af when their characters went down a path they didn't like e.x. Emma in IvX

Wanda has it 100x worse than Emma does and it's been like that for a long while for her.

I'm looking forward to it but am kinda scared too.

Again I'm not a die-hard stan of her so I'm not the one most affected by this.

They did this to Spider-man in superior and now in beyond and I'm pissed so I get where they are coming from

I don't think they have a personal vendetta. Nothing writers do is personal. They just have a different idea for the character than what I want for her. And probably always will.

The X-books I see as not handling her accurately and her being dead through most of this event (according to solicits that go on through October) is not different than AD/HoM.

Marvel hasn't exactly built up trust and I don't separate the offices because they plan big stuff like this that deals with characters from both sides together.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    No. That role wasn't big. She stared on many avengers stories, her and vision mini.
    It wasn't big but aside from that and being Magneto's daughter once what role did she played in X-men stories. That's the point. What can the X-men offer to her? There are already so many mutants that many feel like side characters even in books that are meant to focus on them like Bishop and Iceman in Marauders. Making Wanda a mutant again will most probably relegate her to the background at best until she's needed to kickstart a storline that won't be even about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I saw this. I kind of want one as a wedding ring. But not sure if the gold contains nickel though.

Extraordinary Member

And I am gonna be honest here.
    A character who is talked about for the least relevant content she got is weird and wrong. Magneto is too famous for the actual content he got with Wanda, and thus we got an overhyped relationship that is spammed by every goddamn casual.
    Being casual is fine, until they form an Internet mob and spread the blurred/inaccurate concept of her.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I mean her panel time in current X-books is being a sexy corpse.
    I for one just wish to get this over with and she csn just run off. Or I can have some cynical laugh if the book does decide to keep her dead or dumb after.
    But if not for al ewing at least saying "let go." it wouldn't even be that. her next appearance would be darkhold and she would disappear and forever be denied one half of the marvel universe because most writers either dug in on her having no sympathy or just flat out moving on and that never felt like wanda to me. Just going through this thread alone are we really suppose to believe wanda written in character would have let No more mutants go on this long. Wanda has always, always been the heart and soul to the maximoff's, even after Polaris was added in my mind Wanda was that one stable, that one constant, sure she is wild but she is disciplined because of years of training in magic. So all i'm saying is fans of wanda like me been wanting her to recover for a long time too.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

ItÂ’s due impart to personally projecting on to a character. Wanda got dogged by Marvel so the expectation is that any time Wanda shows up itÂ’s not going to be something good if itÂ’s not shown immediately. Wanda giving Magneto a chance and reconciling with Magneto was one the highlights of SWORD because she is ready to move on and she can see he is different than before. Though due to past experiences people think of it as a bridge that should be burned due to some events fans have seen where this types of stories donÂ’t all ways end well instead of thinking maybe there is a possibility for forgiveness. Wanda requires an outside the box solution.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    And I am gonna be honest here.
    A character who is talked about for the least relevant content she got is weird and wrong. Magneto is too famous for the actual content he got with Wanda, and thus we got an overhyped relationship that is spammed by every goddamn casual.
    Being casual is fine, until they form an Internet mob and spread the blurred/inaccurate concept of her.
    In my opinion sometimes it seems you go into those conversations a bit to bloodthirsty.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!