Page 520 of 774 FirstFirst ... 20420470510516517518519520521522523524530570620 ... LastLast
Results 7,786 to 7,800 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    And if they wanted to change that relationship, the way to do it is through slow development. Not some sudden hug after she just stated she was happy to not be his daughter. Modern Marvel has this thing of doing most relationship development off panel.
    Yes, not do a 180º turn on relationship. It is really weird after all the abuse she got from him and knowing he isn't even biological she still want a relationship with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I will say the sudden change from hating him to hugging him could have been better explained, but there was a time when they where biologically father and daughter that she did try giving him a chance. I see this as Wanda willing to see he has changed and wanting to look towards something better than the mess that’s been her life. The magic detective is good but if she is trying to fix witchcraft their needs to be some grandiose exploration into unknowns that actually feel like a challenge, not something that was just so mundane.
    Who is reading X-men comics know that he didn't changed, he is flat out lying to millions of mutants and is too full of himself as always

The stories of she thinking he got better, ony to screw up the relationship later repeated many times.
    Last edited by Writerblog; 07-26-2021 at 11:36 AM.

I will say the sudden change from hating him to hugging him could have been better explained, but there was a time when they where biologically father and daughter that she did try giving him a chance. I see this as Wanda willing to see he has changed and wanting to look towards something better than the mess that’s been her life. The magic detective is good but if she is trying to fix witchcraft their needs to be some grandiose exploration into unknowns that actually feel like a challenge, not something that was just so mundane.
    That chance was back in the 80s. And even if you take away all her history and just leave in the parts where they interact, it goes from him manipulating her to be back on the Brotherhood to her being put in his arms after Disassembled... like none of that lines up. They have to get better at relationship development.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Nah, I don't need her to make amends to him. He is not her father in any meaningful way. He was barely a sperm donor that used it to abuse her and Pietro.
    It was a great thing that she saw the BS on the reationship and moved on.

I liked that Wanda reconnected to her origins and was working to be a better person little by little. Wanda solving supernatural problems was a nice touch.
    It’s boring to hold grudges if it isn’t going to be used to further her story. Like Doom holds a grudge against Reed and their is constant stories that surround that. Wanda hating Magneto, even though she has a reason to, isn’t worth holding onto if their isn’t some story that will be told of that.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Yeah Marvel is terrible with relationship development when it comes to Wanda be it family or romantic relationships. Wanda should just be happily single, with some playful flirting, with a good relationship with her sons. I really don’t care whether she is a mutant or not, though I personally would be happy if she was, she just needs a constant personality cause timid novice Wanda don’t sit right with me

It’s boring to hold grudges if it isn’t going to be used to further her story. Like Doom holds a grudge against Reed and their is constant stories that surround that. Wanda hating Magneto, even though she has a reason to, isn’t worth holding onto if their isn’t some story that will be told of that.
    Holding a grudge over abuse that kept happening even after chances were given is healthy. Where that goes isn't anywhere good. Because it'd be saying that abuse is ok as long as we have the story have these characters act like nothing happened.

Yeah Marvel is terrible with relationship development when it comes to Wanda be it family or romantic relationships. Wanda should just be happily single, with some playful flirting, with a good relationship with her sons. I really don’t care whether she is a mutant or not, though I personally would be happy if she was, she just needs a constant personality cause timid novice Wanda don’t sit right with me
    I have no problem with her being in romantic relationships. I have a problem with it also developing off panel. She can be in relationships and do well. It happened for about 14 years real life time.

On Reed and Doctor Doom is a grudge, because Doom is jealous of Reed.

Wanda and Magneto isn't a grudge, he really abused her many times and also make her breakdown on M-day by killing Pietro in front of everyone.
    I don't think she needs to hate on him, she really doesn't think about him often LOL
    She just doesn't want nothing with him, that is fine. Not everything needs to be a story. She has a lot of things to explore tht are less repetitive than a dad story again

It's more self preservation which victims of abuse often do. Wanting to stay away from your abuser is normal.

Holding a grudge over abuse that kept happening even after chances were given is healthy. Where that goes isn't anywhere good. Because it'd be saying that abuse is ok as long as we have the story have these characters act like nothing happened.
    Abuse isn’t okay and excusing or glossing over it isn’t healthy. Keeping away from them is the best the person can do until the abuser over long length of time has shown they have changed and it’s a change that is here to stay. Let’s see if the chance Wanda gives Magneto doesn’t comeback to bite her. If it does I will say she should permanently keep away from him, until then let them be civil and build up from there is my opinion.

On Reed and Doctor Doom is a grudge, because Doom is jealous of Reed.

Wanda and Magneto isn't a grudge, he really abused her many times and also make her breakdown on M-day by killing Pietro in front of everyone.
    I don't think she needs to hate on him, she really doesn't think about him often LOL
    She just doesn't want nothing with him, that is fine. Not everything needs to be a story. She has a lot of things to explore tht are less repetitive than a dad story again
    Yeah he was and still is at times a shitty person. The flack Wanda gets from HoM should also be given to Magneto for his actions that caused Decimation. Though let’s see where it goes this time. It’s different editorial this go around maybe this will have a better outcome this time.

It's more self preservation which victims of abuse often do. Wanting to stay away from your abuser is normal.
    It's a interesting topic but comics often skip it because: Magneto will look bad and he is fave from writers and fans, Bloodline trumps abuse and lot of other things. Fanfic of magneto family being all happy

Abuse isn’t okay and excusing or glossing over it isn’t healthy. Keeping away from them is the best the person can do until the abuser over long length of time has shown they have changed and it’s a change that is here to stay. Let’s see if the chance Wanda gives Magneto doesn’t comeback to bite her. If it does I will say she should permanently keep away from him, until then let them be civil and build up from there is my opinion.
    of course it will come back to bite her and maybe already has. I don't think her death is because of only what she did but she is also daughter of Magneto. is a double hit.

This story already happened many time and I was glad it was over until X-men books went all JJ abrms on Wanda.

let's face Magneto will never change who he is, because he is a narcissistic person. That is why abuse victims simply don't give chances

Yeah he was and still is at times a shitty person. The flack Wanda gets from HoM should also be given to Magneto for his actions that caused Decimation. Though let’s see where it goes this time. It’s different editorial this go around maybe this will have a better outcome this time.
    I hope you are right
    Last edited by Writerblog; 07-26-2021 at 12:02 PM.

It's a interesting topic but comics often skip it because: Magneto will look bad and he is fave from writers and fans, Bloodline trumps abuse and lot of other things. Fanfic of magneto family being all happy

of course it will come back to bite her and maybe already has. I don't think her death is because of only what she did but she is also daughter of Magneto. is a double hit.

This story already happened many time and I was glad it was over until X-men books went all JJ abrms on Wanda.

let's face Magneto will never change who he is, because he is a narcissistic person. That is why abuse victims simply don't give chances
    Different editorial this time so let’s be patient and see what happens.

The official WandaVision legos along with the other series

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    The official WandaVision legos along with the other series

Posted that a number of pages ago

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Excalibur needs Wanda right now. I would love to see her be the creator of mutant magic.
    To be honest, the fact that Rictor (the one mutant Wanda directly repowered) and Rogue (who’s absorbed Wanda’s powers a couple of times) were vital parts of Apocalypse’s rituals always made me think mutant magic either arises from/gets a big boost from the run off of Wanda’s hex as crucible restores more and more mutants