Page 524 of 774 FirstFirst ... 24424474514520521522523524525526527528534574624 ... LastLast
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Again, "magic manipulation from mutant gene" is not something I find interesting, it messes up the established lore.
    Making her potentially "gifted in all magic" or something like that is just boring.
    Of all the magic users we see, their magic is traced back to some kinds of mystical beings or at least artifacts, there is really no such thing as "a gene that make you use magic", even with inherent magic users, they are this way because they have connections to supernatural beings. Some mutants' abilities may enhance their magic, but their bare bone genetic power is never mystical by nature.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-27-2021 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Again, "magic manipulation from mutant gene" is not something I find interesting, it messes up the established lore.
    Making her potentially "gifted in all magic" or something like that is just boring.
    Of all the magic users we see, their magic is traced back to some kinds of mystical beings or at least artifacts, there is really no such thing as "a gene that make you use magic", even with inherent magic users, they are this way because they have connections to supernatural beings. Some mutants' abilities may enhance their magic, but their bare bone genetic power is never mystical by nature.
    I want wanda to claim her own power and stand on her own and drive story and you want wanda to rely on the power of others because it's what your use to. It's cool, we are just on two completely different sides of the Wanda Fandom. I support her having her own agency and her power being hers and i hope the writers do too.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Then how do you explain Emily in Strange Academy? She was born with magic and there isn’t any indication she or her parents have a connection to any magical being. The only being(s) that could be connected is Eternity or Gaea when it comes to Earth born magic users unless otherwise stated. There very well could be a gene that has nothing to do with being a mutant that allows those born to easily use magic without outside assistance. All we really ever seen when it comes to magic is the invocation of magical principalities and I want to see something a bit new when it comes to magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I want wanda to claim her own power and stand on her own and drive story and you want wanda to rely on the power of others because it's what your use to. It's cool, we are just on two completely different sides of the Wanda Fandom. I support her having her own agency and her power being hers and i hope the writers do too.
    Agree. I want Wanda to rely on her own inner strength, knowledge and skill she possesses and not have to rely so much on others, but still recognize that she still can’t do everything alone.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Wanda channeling chaos magic naturally through her is not her relying on anyone else. It's a gift at birth. Just like being a mutant or any other power. It was a gift. He's not constantly giving her power and channeling it through her. It's really no different than mutants getting their power from DNA manipulation by Celestials.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda channeling chaos magic naturally through her is not her relying on anyone else. It's a gift at birth. Just like being a mutant or any other power. It was a gift. He's not constantly giving her power and channeling it through her. It's really no different than mutants getting their power from DNA manipulation by Celestials.
    Okay then why do people keep mentioning Chiton as though he is some part of wanda rather than an obstacle to overcome or embrace based on whatever the story is. He is a part of wanda's story, we get it, or i get it. But he is not wanda. Why should any development she may have need to include him. It doesn't make sense to me. Batman is still batman without joker constantly being brought up. Chiton didn't create wanda or what she is, he is trying to use it for his own purposes imo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Then how do you explain Emily in Strange Academy? She was born with magic and there isn’t any indication she or her parents have a connection to any magical being. The only being(s) that could be connected is Eternity or Gaea when it comes to Earth born magic users unless otherwise stated. There very well could be a gene that has nothing to do with being a mutant that allows those born to easily use magic without outside assistance. All we really ever seen when it comes to magic is the invocation of magical principalities and I want to see something a bit new when it comes to magic.

Agree. I want Wanda to rely on her own inner strength, knowledge and skill she possesses and not have to rely so much on others, but still recognize that she still can’t do everything alone.
    It also explains wanda's unique power. She is able to hex one of the fundamental forces in the marvel universe, magic and make it act in ways that have been shocking magicians of all kinds since her introduction. Also Excalibur is exploring the very idea of magic with no sacrifice with mutant powers being used differently in otherworld which is why mutants are called witchbreed there. Mutants are their own source of magical power in magical realms wanda imo super cedes` that. she is the omega of magic.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Okay then why do people keep mentioning Chiton as though he is some part of wanda rather than an obstacle to overcome or embrace based on whatever the story is. He is a part of wanda's story, we get it, or i get it. But he is not wanda. Why should any development she may have need to include him. It doesn't make sense to me. Batman is still batman without joker constantly being brought up. Chiton didn't create wanda or what she is, he is trying to use it for his own purposes imo.
    Because we want her to face him, defeat him and be able to read from the Darkhold at will. Every hero needs their big bad.

Because we want her to face him, defeat him and be able to read from the Darkhold at will. Every hero needs their big bad.
    This I also want to see happen cause really Marvel hasn’t done anything really noteworthy between Wanda and Chthon besides the typical possession. Wanda should defeat Chthon and rule over the Flickering Realm.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Indeed either that or has held on to closely to the stories of the past to hold her back or even more sadder thinks she is not as profitable as other characters they have. But now WandaVision has blown that out of the Water and like another LCS owner told me about the industry they want to make the most money they can and likely would not hold any character back just cause of personal reasons cause the money trunks all other concerns.

I believe that too, but also we don’t know the full story on how the internal affairs of Marvel Editorial works and no history or leaked statements on personal or profitable views on Wanda.

The only things we can go by is history of use and fir Wanda it has not been good, but they can’t ignore the gravity of both the rise of her MCU counterpart or the profit they are losing over it.

A GIVE moment will have to come eventually, either to better use of Wanda or More to worst of the same.

Either Way it might go I feel THIS story is that moment to show use since it might be the clearest indication of how they want to use Wanda going forward.

I still air on the side of the positive will win in the end cause of the changes in copyright ending, the rise of profitably in Wanda as a character and the changing world of once held back FOX part owned characters getting more use finally.

Is it WAY late to do this for Wanda YES, but enough time has pasted since Wandavision, the FOX buy and the re opening to align to this being a moment to show their hand, I am just hoping and in some parts seeing a possibility of Hope coming for the ether for our Wanda, we will see only by time the truth.

But we have to remember to support each other and we get threw this together with love fir our Wanda and friendship each other no matter what happens, THAT is the most important out of anything we can control in all of this p.
    Hopefully when this joke of a trial ends, we will have some clue on what kind of future Wanda has.

But what does that have to do with if she is a mutant or not or if her powers are her own or not. To me it is much more powerful wanda can hex control of the darkhold given her own mutant abilities which for any other magician the probability would be zero rather than her having to channel his power directly.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    This I also want to see happen cause really Marvel hasn’t done anything really noteworthy between Wanda and Chthon besides the typical possession. Wanda should defeat Chthon and rule over the Flickering Realm.
    At least if Wanda defeats Chthon (theoretically), he should never be able to possess her again.

But what does that have to do with if she is a mutant or not or if her powers are her own or not. To me it is much more powerful wanda can hex control of the darkhold given her own mutant abilities which for any other magician the probability would be zero rather than her having to channel his power directly.
    But she can't. In Secret Empire she was exposed to the Darkhold briefly and got possessed.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    At least if Wanda defeats Chthon (theoretically), he should never be able to possess her again.
    Nah, Wanda shouldn’t settle for just that. She should give back in interest all the peace he took from her by her taking his entire realm under her rule.

Extraordinary Member

Invoking and using powers of various sources is the rule and appeal of magic users to me.
    Chaos Magic is her own power, I just prefer it has a traceable source, not "I won a genetic lottery".

You asked why Chthon is always brought up. I told you.

Mutant or not doesn't matter. Her more powerful abilities come from chaos magic. And never had anything to do with her mutant status. That's why it was so easy for them to remove it.