Page 538 of 774 FirstFirst ... 38438488528534535536537538539540541542548588638 ... LastLast
Results 8,056 to 8,070 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I said earlier I was leaving because being a Wanda fan is too depressing right now, with her status in comics (will she ever appear in a comic regularly?) and the MCU (will she go bad and if so, how bad?) still in such doubt. But I found it didn't feel better to be away, because the character still means a lot to me. So I'll just try and focus on stuff I like, and her best past appearances, instead of worrying about the future.

Anyway, Wanda is on the cover for an upcoming children's pop-up book called "Magnificent Women of Marvel," with Shuri and Kamala. It looks like they had to draw it before they saw her new costume, but Wanda usually gets left off these "girl power" promotions so it's nice to see her get a little recognition for once.

She is at least getting a lot of merchandise.

And I'm ignoring all theories about the movies. Most prove to be wrong anyway.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I said earlier I was leaving because being a Wanda fan is too depressing right now, with her status in comics (will she ever appear in a comic regularly?) and the MCU (will she go bad and if so, how bad?) still in such doubt. But I found it didn't feel better to be away, because the character still means a lot to me. So I'll just try and focus on stuff I like, and her best past appearances, instead of worrying about the future.

Anyway, Wanda is on the cover for an upcoming children's pop-up book called "Magnificent Women of Marvel," with Shuri and Kamala. It looks like they had to draw it before they saw her new costume, but Wanda usually gets left off these "girl power" promotions so it's nice to see her get a little recognition for once.

That’s how I feel like a lot lately. I have no control over how Wanda is going to fare in either the comics or the movies, nor in how others perceive her. So I might as well only try to engage in what positive there is and ignore the haters.

Wanda becoming a hero small children bring up during playtime delights me to no end. I’m increasingly pessimistic about the chances of children safely trick or treating this year, but I’m looking forward to seeing adorable kids dress up as her and the rest of the family.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post

Seeing that scene (which is awesome) again reminds me that while I used to feel like Wanda shouldn't fly, it was kind of silly that Wonder Man or some other flying character constantly had to carry her around during that run. She couldn't even levitate herself back then without falling down, let alone fly.

The MCU version seems to fly by using the hex energy from her hands like jet propulsion, which I'm surprised the comics never really tried.

Yeah, I personally prefer that she have the ability to fly and teleport. It just makes sense with her powers.

I didn't know she already got one before

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah, I personally prefer that she have the ability to fly and teleport. It just makes sense with her powers.
    Yeah, it's pretty standard for energy manipulators and spell casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

I did know about the van, but never found it. The car I will look out for.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I’m a little amused that the first Hot Wheels car for Wanda was a ambulance, and the second is a Ferrari-like deal. The Ferrari reminds me of Wanda once owning a car that she forbade Pietro from going faster than, lol.

Yeah, having someone carry her is just strange. Also the likes of Rage of Ultron even showed and Explained how she could fly/levitate.

It's great that Wanda is getting more focus with younger readers and fans. Also great that she's on the cover nstead of Carol and Natasha who usually get the limelight

Never keen on the Amubulance/Bread Van, but I might get the Witchmobile.

Seeing that scene (which is awesome) again reminds me that while I used to feel like Wanda shouldn't fly, it was kind of silly that Wonder Man or some other flying character constantly had to carry her around during that run. She couldn't even levitate herself back then without falling down, let alone fly.

The MCU version seems to fly by using the hex energy from her hands like jet propulsion, which I'm surprised the comics never really tried.
    I think I remember reading something a really, really long time ago that seemed to say that Wanda could not use her powers to affect herself back then (more than 20 years ago) with her hexes. Although.... there was that time that the ground vaulted up allowing her to get over lava and defeat Dormammu...... But I think they meant actively hexing herself to fly, grow big, strong, etc. I mean, for a long time, there was only the bad-luck that her hexes caused, but even after that, still much uncertainty just would happen....maybe Wanda did not want to take chances back then?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

While I like the van with Wanda on it, the car really seems like something Wanda would drive. Sleek and fast, it is her Hex-Mobile!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member

She is at least getting a lot of merchandise.

And I'm ignoring all theories about the movies. Most prove to be wrong anyway.
    I am checking my old random theories to see if one of them will end up true again lol.

Dark ages gave some hope

then LOL nope