Page 542 of 774 FirstFirst ... 42442492532538539540541542543544545546552592642 ... LastLast
Results 8,116 to 8,130 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Unless they break up during this
    I was thinking about that too.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

I really want it to be fleshed out, so I hope not. Let Wanda have some happiness in her life.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I really want it to be fleshed out, so I hope not. Let Wanda have some happiness in her life.
    When it comes to Wanda Marvel seems to give her self destructive relationships and my preference is she should be single. I have nothing against Jericho as he is one of my favorite marvel mystics and I’d hope their relationship bears fruit. Though with Wanda I’d personally prefer she be happy with herself and any romantic relationship that comes she sees as luxury she chooses to indulge in because she knows it’s not critical for her to be with someone.

I would like it to be developed and for Wanda to be happy; but that's never going to happen. She had found love and happiness with the Vision and that was cruelly ripped away from her and destroyed into some many tiny pieces it could never be fixed. Also let's not forget that they don't see her as a character just a plot device.

They're breaking up and then Wanda and Vis will reconnect after Trial

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    When it comes to Wanda Marvel seems to give her self destructive relationships and my preference is she should be single. I have nothing against Jericho as he is one of my favorite marvel mystics and I’d hope their relationship bears fruit. Though with Wanda I’d personally prefer she be happy with herself and any romantic relationship that comes she sees as luxury she chooses to indulge in because she knows it’s not critical for her to be with someone.
    I don't see anything of this relationship being self destructive. It's just not put on pages hardly at all. Just because the one with Simon was toxic and the one with Vision was eventually bad does not mean she needs to stay single. People can be independent and also in relationships. If someone is losing themselves in their relationship and not happy with themselves then that's a problem with that particular relationship. Not relationships entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They're breaking up and then Wanda and Vis will reconnect after Trial
    I wouldn't doubt it. But they've done that before so much. It's not new ground. I'd rather they did that for a MCU tie-in book then try to fit in the relationship in this universe where it soured badly.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I would like it to be developed and for Wanda to be happy; but that's never going to happen. She had found love and happiness with the Vision and that was cruelly ripped away from her and destroyed into some many tiny pieces it could never be fixed. Also let's not forget that they don't see her as a character just a plot device.
    Yeah it seems they only chose to show this relationship selectively.

I don't see anything of this relationship being self destructive. It's just not put on pages hardly at all. Just because the one with Simon was toxic and the one with Vision was eventually bad does not mean she needs to stay single. People can be independent and also in relationships. If someone is losing themselves in their relationship and not happy with themselves then that's a problem with that particular relationship. Not relationships entirely.
    It’s not self destructive, but I wouldn’t put it past Marvel to make it turn that way or just have them break up for some asinine reason. Like you said it hasn’t been on pages and fleshed out which puts me on the fence about it being a complete positive for Wanda. Being “independent and in a relationship” goes back to Wanda being happy with herself first and foremost cause if your not happy with yourself how could anyone expect a relationship to do that. From the past decade of Wanda being in comics I question if she is happy and content with herself.

It’s not self destructive, but I wouldn’t put it past Marvel to make it turn that way or just have them break up for some asinine reason. Like you said it hasn’t been on pages and fleshed out which puts me on the fence about it being a complete positive for Wanda. Being “independent and in a relationship” goes back to Wanda being happy with herself first and foremost cause if your not happy with yourself how could anyone expect a relationship to do that. From the past decade of Wanda being in comics I question if she is happy and content with herself.
    I think that's where her solo book was trying to take her. To be happy and content with herself. But Marvel being bad at relationships means they need to write relationships better. Because otherwise everyone would be single. And that's not very interesting.

I think that's where her solo book was trying to take her. To be happy and content with herself. But Marvel being bad at relationships means they need to write relationships better. Because otherwise everyone would be single. And that's not very interesting.
    Yeah I agree about the projected direction her solo was trying to take her concerning her sense of self and being happy, though the ending was ambiguous about how far along she was on that path. Don’t know if that was intentional or just another example of poor writing by Marvel. When it comes to certain Marvel characters and how they have been in repeated previous relationships that didn’t work due to their own lack of inner harmony it makes me set my preference for them to be single for a long period of time.

Yeah I agree about the projected direction her solo was trying to take her concerning her sense of self and being happy, though the ending was ambiguous about how far along she was on that path. Don’t know if that was intentional or just another example of poor writing by Marvel. When it comes to certain Marvel characters and how they have been in repeated previous relationships that didn’t work due to their own lack of inner harmony it makes me set my preference for them to be single for a long period of time.
    It's probably because of serial publication itself. It was likely supposed to continue elsewhere. But either wasn't picked up or they changed directions. It's my major problem with events. They change everything drastically. There have been books I was enjoying until they got co-opted by some event.

Wanda's first relationship worked out for 14 years. That's pretty good. It's not the relationships that are the problem.

It's probably because of serial publication itself. It was likely supposed to continue elsewhere. But either wasn't picked up or they changed directions. It's my major problem with events. They change everything drastically. There have been books I was enjoying until they got co-opted by some event.

Wanda's first relationship worked out for 14 years. That's pretty good. It's not the relationships that are the problem.
    Agree on both points. Romantic relationships aren’t bad for Wanda it’s just one of the topics that I raise an eyebrow at and hesitate with. Wanda and Jericho aren’t bad from what we have seen and that isn’t much, which is the problem that has been pointed out. Their relationship should be presented more than just both of them showing up together at a gathering and readers are just reminded that they are together. I want to see if there is something deeper to their relationship that can be gleamed.

I think her solo did put her on a good position at the end. But then they kinda ruined it by having her be possessed right after it, for an event in which that plot point wasn't even really relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think her solo did put her on a good position at the end. But then they kinda ruined it by having her be possessed right after it, for an event in which that plot point wasn't even really relevant.
    Agree on the possession point. Hope it is one of the things Darkhold will address in some capacity.