Page 548 of 774 FirstFirst ... 48448498538544545546547548549550551552558598648 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 11598
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    That’s what really gets my goat about the whole thing. Allowing Wanda, who is being possessed but thought to be undergoing a mental health crisis, to be murdered by the Avengers and X-Men was supposed to be the right decision. Pietro is seen as a villain for not Fallon in line with it. Wanda even calls herself a coward for not killing herself! It reeks of ableism and it leaves a revolting taste in my mouth.

I don’t know how to interpret your last paragraph. Do you mean the twins are going to be punished in the narrative for HoM? That’s been an ongoing thing for both fans of the twins, and we’ve hated it rather than reveled in the misery. Or do you subscribe to the common theory that the twins are going to be transformed into mutants by the end of ToM?
    Both really. Wanda is being punished for HOM. For the last decade or so many years, people have said she should die for HOM with writers once musing that possibility. And now she is dead. Being strangled to death in a horrific manner for another person's narrative where her personality and behavior is changed to fit that story after being demonized and written as a f-up. And the writers know that people who saw the twins as Uncle Toms (mostly Wanda) are happy about this. And the fans of the twins clearly hated it. That's obvious and the writers knew. Bendis knew. They have been feeding the people who hated Wanda. And they know it. They know how those people are. They have twitter. And Hickman's fix can't make the characters who they were before HOM.

The closest I can explain is by using an example. At the beginning of HOX/POX, Hickman commented on how he thought the last decade writers messed up Cyclops' characterization and he wanted to fix it. Describing him as a believer or something like that. He won't do that for the twins. Their thoughts, history and characterization is going to be shifted for the Krakoa era and that will likely bother some of their old fans. At least that what I think. It won't be character development. They will just be different. The Wanda and Pietro written before Disassembled is dead and while the body will come back, who they were will not. There's not going to be a lost decade for the twins. The Lost decade (HOM and etc) will be their new defining decade. And fans of the characters will likely have to deal with that. It won't be the end of HOM. HOM is their new starting point on how to read and understand their characters. Jus look at how her powers are described. The trial won’t fix them. It won’t fix or end HOM. It’s just going to add more nails into it to better secure it. That’s the best way I can describe it.

Extraordinary Member

Yup, I think you are just describing a sad truth.
    And more reason for me to express my separatist sentiments, fans people think Wanda looks cute with X-people be damned, even if they don't mean harm, their desire directly conflicted with mine.

Also I like to use the term functional death meaning her absence from comics, and her character being severely twisted to fit the X-narrative is another form of that, if ToM ended up with Wanda resurrecting as a completely different person defined by her missing decade, then yeah, she is again a functionally dead person to a lot of her fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    On Defenders comic this week, Doctor Strange used hand to hand combat succesfully. really makes me think
    whoeer killed her wasn't someone very strong, they needed to drag her to finish it and she struggle for a while. So it is crazy that she can't fight and use some tricks.

I'm not even sure the writer knows her powers. This looks like a mistake

rachel can go back in time via psychic powers, Rachel couldn't tell who did. It's like the person is cloaked to her powers. So it is someone that have time powers or using a device to mess up with time
    Especially since she learned hand-to-hand from Cap and Hawkeye. And martial arts from Bobbi Morse.

Love is for souls, not bodies.

That continued:

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I personally canīt assure Wanda and Pietro will be back with the Avengers as part of the team after Trial of Magneto is done, I believe this is the job of Avengerīs editorial and while not perfect I think they were treated well enough as Avengers during No surrender and Avengers no way home, so I donīt think this will neccesary change in the future but I will give my thoughts on the ToM and how the preview looks so far.

1.- I liked the fact thereīs doubt about Wanda being killed so easily given her habilities, yes, we know northstar didnīt use the exact definition of her habilities but the point of his dialogue is to put some doubts over "Wanda" really being killed or not and if she was killed who was her attacker?

2.- I agree the characters have been mostly cold towards her death but I also think this makes sense for the people so far shown reacting to her death: Emma Frost was in favor of killing her in HoM so her not being affected makes sense, Cyclops had to deal with the fallout from decimation so while I could see him looking for the guilty party for justice we canīt expect him to be emotionally affected either, X-factor and X-force here are treating her case as they would do with anyone else, which makes sense, because neither of them had actually interacted with Wanda, the person, at all so they see this as part of their job.

Now who I do expect to be truly affected by her death on this series, her family over at the Avengers: Captain America, Vision, Iron Man, Wasp, Pietro, Tommy and Billy and Magneto and maybe Lorna and Magik on the X-side. The writer specifically said two things about this series: Wandaīs got enemies over on Krakoa wheter she knows or not because of her past and this story will also deal with the dynamic of HoM,meaning, her internal family dynamic.

Now that said, given the little information we have got, I donīt think this is going to be a story in which Wanda or Pietro are demonized, this story clearly is going towards the X-men at Krakoa having to think of Wanda as a person and an Avenger first and foremost because despite them having their own issues with her this doesnīt mean what happened to her is right, fair or should be allowed to happen.

Now outside story, I donīt think this is meant to be a lasting death for her if we are seeing doubts from the characters in the first preview and the solicits show "thereīs something wrong with the body" and also the themathic feel of the covers so far show a theme of "death and resurrection" which makes me think she will be back either way, with the ressurection protocols or magical means but she will definitely be back at the end of the story.

Now I really dislike things having to come this far for them to address Wanda situation with Krakoa, I would prefer her and the X-men having to deal together with a crisis and learning to get along better on the way and who knows, maybe this is exactly whatīs going to happen in the end but I personally understand Wandaīs fans frustration over the premise of the story.

Now when it comes to magneto and his relationship with Wanda and Pietro, I agree with you the way itīs been developed has not been good for them, I love the idea of them being family but I would understand if they keep them sepparated or just sever their links definitely, after all, they belong to different editorial parts of marvel and they have way too much baggage to be able to relate to each other as an actual family going by the way they have been written. Magneto has become the writers easy out to turn Wanda and Pietro "evil" or "grey" and I donīt think thatīs fair to any of the characters. Like if they commit to writting them that way they should do the leg work of actually giving reasons for this that make sense for their character, otherwise they should just leave them as they are, Avengers characters. My two cents.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-12-2021 at 09:17 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Not only that, but Wanda was trained in hand to hand combat by Captain America until he was satisfied she could defend herself without her powers. Unless her magic was suppressed and was facing someone of incredible power, I would expect her to fight back instead of running away. Especially against someone who had to strangle her with their own hands. So far, this depiction is insulting but not unexpected. I would dearly love to be prove wrong by the actual issue. Northstar may not know she isn’t all powerful, but he does know that she isn’t a weakling either.

What does Rachel mean by temporal residue? Did someone time travel to get to Wanda (pointing to someone like Kang) or someone used time powers to attack her (someone with powers like Tempo)?
    I doubt the X-writers know she was trained by Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yup, I think you are just describing a sad truth.
    And more reason for me to express my separatist sentiments, fans people think Wanda looks cute with X-people be damned, even if they don't mean harm, their desire directly conflicted with mine.

Also I like to use the term functional death meaning her absence from comics, and her character being severely twisted to fit the X-narrative is another form of that, if ToM ended up with Wanda resurrecting as a completely different person defined by her missing decade, then yeah, she is again a functionally dead person to a lot of her fans.
    X-men doesn't care about her, they aren't her friends. The thought of her being on X-books is freaking crazy and cynical.

They are not her friends is true but this doesnīt mean they could not be, the problem are the lack of stories going in that direction, not the characters themselves, them having bad relations make sense given the way their story was left and not just on the X-side, Uncanny Avengers certainly did a lot to push them agaisnt each other and this story still had Wanda and Rogue kind of getting along better at the end. So itīs not something that canīt be changed. Pietro has a better relationship with the X-men because the work to go towards that direction was done and this is not the case for Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    I doubt the X-writers know she was trained by Captain America.
    I have my own doubts about the writting on ToM but I think they are at least aware of this fact and Northstar mentioning her habilities in the preview seems like a good first step in making this story at least make sense.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-12-2021 at 09:27 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    They are not her friends is true but this doesnīt mean they could not be, the problem is the lack of stories going in that direction, not the characters themselves, they having bad relations make sense given the way their story was left, not because itīs something that canīt be changed. Pietro has a better relationship with the X-men because the work to go towards that direction was done and this is not the case for Wanda.
    The reaction to her death was cold and inconsiderate of her as a person.
    X-men are becoming something I don't want Wanda to deal.
    She is much better on magical and Avengers.

I personally canīt assure Wanda and Pietro will be back with the Avengers as part of the team after Trial of Magneto is done, I believe this is the job of Avengerīs editorial and while not perfect I think they were treated well enough as Avengers during No surrender and Avengers no way home, so I donīt think this will neccesary change in the future but I will give my thoughts on the ToM and how the preview looks so far.

1.- I liked the fact thereīs doubt about Wanda being killed so easily given her habilities, yes, we know northstar didnīt use the exact definition of her habilities but the point of his dialogue is to put some doubts over "Wanda" really being killed or not and if she was killed who was her attacker?

2.- I agree the characters have been mostly cold towards her death but I also think this makes sense for the people so far shown reacting to her death: Emma Frost was in favor of killing her in HoM so her not being affected makes sense, Cyclops had to deal with the fallout from decimation so while I could see him looking for the guilty party for justice we canīt expect him to be emotionally affected either, X-factor and X-force here are treating her case as they would do with anyone else, which makes sense, because neither of them had actually interacted with Wanda, the person, at all so they see this as part of their job.

Now who I do expect to be truly affected by her death on this series, her family over at the Avengers: Captain America, Vision, Iron Man, Wasp, Pietro, Tommy and Billy and Magneto and maybe Lorna and Magik on the X-side. The writer specifically said two things about this series: Wandaīs got enemies over on Krakoa wheter she knows or not because of her past and this story will also deal with the dynamic of HoM,meaning, her internal family dynamic.

Now that said, given the little information we have got, I donīt think this is going to be a story in which Wanda or Pietro are demonized, this story clearly is going towards the X-men at Krakoa having to think of Wanda as a person and an Avenger first and foremost because despite them having their own issues with her this doesnīt mean what happened to her is right, fair or should be allowed to happen.

Now outside story, I donīt think this is meant to be a lasting death for her if we are seeing doubts from the characters in the first preview and the solicits show "thereīs something wrong with the body" and also the themathic feel of the covers so far show a theme of "death and resurrection" which makes me think she will be back either way, with the ressurection protocols or magical means but she will definitely be back at the end of the story.

Now I really dislike things having to come this far for them to address Wanda situation with Krakoa, I would prefer her and the X-men having to deal together with a crisis and learning to get along better on the way and who knows, maybe this is exactly whatīs going to happen in the end but I personally understand Wandaīs fans frustration over the premise of the story.

Now when it comes to magneto and his relationship with Wanda and Pietro, I agree with you the way itīs been developed has not been good for them, I love the idea of them being family but I would understand if they keep them sepparated or just sever their links definitely, after all, they belong to different editorial parts of marvel and they have way too much baggage to be able to relate to each other as an actual family going by the way they have been written. Magneto has become the writers easy out to turn Wanda and Pietro "evil" or "grey" and I donīt think thatīs fair to any of the characters. Like if they commit to writting them that way they should do the leg work of actually giving reasons for this that make sense for their character, otherwise they should just leave them as they are, Avengers characters. My two cents.
    I think it's just meant to close the chapter for the X-books on M-day and deal with Krakoa's future. Wanda might not be on the main team, but side teams for the Avengers I would not doubt. Any major change up with the Avengers won't happen until there is a new writer.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, that's part of my sentiments, though I am kind the more extreme variant who simply doesn't trust the possibility of writers or editorial for that matter to actually do well.

Extraordinary Member

They are not her friends is true but this doesnīt mean they could not be, the problem are the lack of stories going in that direction, not the characters themselves, them having bad relations make sense given the way their story was left and not just on the X-side, Uncanny Avengers certainly did a lot to push them agaisnt each other and this story still had Wanda and Rogue kind of getting along better at the end. So itīs not something that canīt be changed. Pietro has a better relationship with the X-men because the work to go towards that direction was done and this is not the case for Wanda.

I have my own doubts about the writting on ToM but I think they are at least aware of this fact and Northstar mentioning her habilities in the preview seems like a good first step in making this story at least make sense.
    I mean, it would be fine if X-franchise doesn't use Wanda in the first place, but here we are.
    I don't like playing character blaming and I prefer being left alone, but she is already dragged into this mess so I cannot pretend everything is quiet and well.
    The best outcome is again this event not leaving a dent on her character and all the anxiety is a false alarm and she can go back to slumber in comic limbo or something.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-12-2021 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    The reaction to her death was cold and inconsiderate of her as a person.
    X-men are becoming something I don't want Wanda to deal.
    She is much better on magical and Avengers.
    I agree but given their last interaction with her involved decimation,AvX, Uncanny Avengers where she told them she understood Xavierīs dream better than them, this doesnīt surprise me either, the characters wonīt act like they are friends of Wanda if the work to go in that direction is not done towards that.

I agree sheīs better as a magical character, as an Avengers I have my issues with it given it was from that side the whole AD and HoM story happened.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I mean, it would be fine if X-franchise doesn't use Wanda in the first place, but here we are.
    I don't like playing character blaming and I prefer being left alone, but she is already dragged into this mess so I cannot pretend everything is quiet and well.
    I agree if their plan the whole time was to get her killed for a murder story then she was best left alone but here we are so I will se where this leads to and I hope thereīs something good at the end of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think it's just meant to close the chapter for the X-books on M-day and deal with Krakoa's future. Wanda might not be on the main team, but side teams for the Avengers I would not doubt. Any major change up with the Avengers won't happen until there is a new writer.
    Agree completely
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-12-2021 at 09:34 PM.

I agree but given their last interaction with her involved decimation,AvX, Uncanny Avengers where she told them she understood Xavierīs dream better than them, this doesnīt surprise me either, the characters wonīt act like they are friends of Wanda if the work to go in that direction is not done towards that.

I agree sheīs better as a magical character, as an Avengers I have my issues with it given it was from that side the whole AD and HoM story happened.
    Yeah but AD/HoM did not happen because of one side. Both sides worked with each other to produce that story. It was company wide to shake things up for dollars. Avengers side also treated Wanda very well and X-side has also treated her bad. So, it's all on Marvel. Neither side can claim to completely be best for her.

Also she made mutants being reborn, so we got tempo and egg/gold balls. It is because of her that we also got Hope. Three of the ressurrection team.
    Mutants should cut some slack, instead they are a-holes
    It is not like someone needs To be friends with a dead person to have empathy. It is called basic decency and x-men failed. So Wanda better be away from them.
    Uncanny only Rogue was there.
    Ave she made it good, she made mutants being reborn and helped Hope control the phoenix for it. It doesn't justify mutants being a-holes to hr
    Last edited by Writerblog; 08-12-2021 at 09:38 PM.