Page 549 of 774 FirstFirst ... 49449499539545546547548549550551552553559599649 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,235 of 11598
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    It is not like someone needs To be friends with a dead person to have empathy. It is called basic decency and x-men failed. So Wanda better be away from them.
    Right now I agree itīs probably better for them to stay away from each other but I understand their reaction given the context and at least X-factor and X-force are trying to be proffesional about it.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah but AD/HoM did not happen because of one side. Both sides worked with each other to produce that story. It was company wide to shake things up for dollars. Avengers side also treated Wanda very well and X-side has also treated her bad. So, it's all on Marvel. Neither side can claim to completely be best for her.
    I agree.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I don't care if mutants ever like or forgive Wanda. It's understandable after M-day for them to not like her or trust her. I just want her alive and in a story of her own. A protagonist instead of a plot device.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Well x-men have villains on their island, so it made their reaction worse for me

I don't care if mutants ever like or forgive Wanda. It's understandable after M-day for them to not like her or trust her. I just want her alive and in a story of her own. A protagonist instead of a plot device.
    I agree and I wish that this happens in the near future and that Darkhold gives the writers new ideas in how to do new stories about her so far I liked Orlando talking about wanting to do more stories with her and that he wanted to avoid using her as a plot device so I am excited to read whatīs heīs going to do on Darkhold.

Well x-men have villains on their island, so it made their reaction worse for me
    It didnīt for me, those villains all had to swore to leave humanity alone if they wanted to live on the island or else face the consequences and if some of them are responsible for Wandaīs death they will get punished.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-12-2021 at 09:46 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Jean looked concerned for her at least. Scott making a joke about Lorna killing Wanda was really weird, they were thought to be sisters for a while

Extraordinary Member

Just my random thoughts but imagine an ongoing solo of Wanda throwing shade at Krakoa every now and then and comparing it to a weird cult, and then randomly invite Magneto over to be the goofy incompetent dad and let him be helplessly murdered by demons or something.
    And Avengers' reactions are more annoyances than anything which fans will just say it makes sense because most Avengers aren't particularly familiar with or fond of him anyway.

I guess it could be pretty offensive to X-Men and Mag fans, I am not advocating for this, but editorial's golden children always get a pass for dragging others. It is just a sad fact.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-12-2021 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree and I wish that this happens in the near future and that Darkhold gives the writers new ideas in how to do new stories about her so far I liked Orlando talking about wanting to do more stories with her and that he wanted to avoid using her as a plot device so I am excited to read whatīs heīs going to do on Darkhold.

It didnīt for me, those villains all had to swore to leave humanity alone if they wanted to live on the island or else face the consequences and if some of them are responsible for Wandaīs death they will get punished.
    Selene was the leader of a incel cult and nothing happened to her
    Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Jean looked concerned for her at least. Scott making a joke about Lorna killing Wanda was really weird, they were thought to be sisters for a while
    Jean was the only concerned and surprised. Not even Illyana showed any emotion

I just don't care enough if they are being hypocritical or what it is. Just keep it on their side. Let Wanda finally move on from being treated terribly by hack writing.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Just my random thoughts but imagine an ongoing solo of Wanda throwing shade at Krakoa every now and then and comparing it to a weird cult, and then randomly invite Magneto over to be the goofy incompetent dad and let him be helplessly murdered by demons or something.
    And Avengers' reactions are more annoyances than anything which fans will just say it makes sense because most Avengers aren't particularly family with or fond of him anyway.
    Well given the Avengers already have done jokes about his death since the 80īs that would not be so out of character for them but as a Magneto fan yes, it would annoy me a lot but I would be happy for some small interaction between Wanda and Magneto, even if it ends badly for him, he has died so many times that even he makes jokes about it and actively uses being death as a way to get some time off

I guess it could be pretty offensive to X-Men and Mag fans, I am not advocating for this, but editorial's golden children always get a pass for dragging others. It is just a sad fact.
    Editorial changes everytime which characters to drag down given the timeline, not so long ago, editorial was quite ok with calling Cyclops Hitler even after he died from inhuman gas poisoning and even some editors gave some comments this was done on purpose because of that Fox/Marvel fight. I donīt think itīs ok at all btw and I hope they start treating the characters story in a way that makes sense to the narrative not just their personal preferences.

Selene was the leader of a incel cult and nothing happened to her
    Jean was the only concerned and surprised. Not even Illyana showed any emotion
    Yes I think the X-writers should address Selene and Sinister as well.

Jean did seem affected and I hope to see more of her pov from this, Illyana hardly shows much emotion most of the time but this doesnīt mean sheīs completely unnafected,that said I hope she talks about her and Wanda being teachers at Strange Academy and going to the same magical bar and her wishing to deal with the people responsible of killing her.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-12-2021 at 09:59 PM.

I just don't care enough if they are being hypocritical or what it is. Just keep it on their side. Let Wanda finally move on from being treated terribly by hack writing.
    I really hope this story frees her from x-men. Just close the wound. She should have been left alone to begin, but the crap story is in motion. Can only expect for the freedom

I really hope this story frees her from x-men. Just close the wound. She should have been left alone to begin, but the crap story is in motion. Can only expect for the freedom
    I'd chew my own arm off just to get away from that toxic existence.

I'd chew my own arm off just to get away from that toxic existence.
    Haha it really drags down.
    Can't even enjoy Darkhold properly because of a badly written x-men mini
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    And Avengers' reactions are more annoyances than anything which fans will just say it makes sense because most Avengers aren't particularly family with or fond of him anyway.

Avenger's writer would close his Twitter because of dead threats.

The good thing is that Avengers rarely have beef with anyone. X-men fans and narrative to survive have to feed feuds here and there.
    It is a good example about how using characters as props isn't ok

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I hope she goes home or back to limbo, peace and quiet.

The good thing is that Avengers rarely have beef with anyone. X-men fans and narrative to survive have to feed feuds here and there.
    I'm gonna compartmentalize Darkhold. I'll enjoy it for what it is, but they did ruin it with ToM. Anything involving him seems to ruin everything for her.

Extraordinary Member

I think it's more Wanda's unfortunate status of being linked to X-franchise big way through a terrible event.
    And of course the power imbalance between Wanda and Magneto/X-franchise.(I mean popularity and editiorial investment)
    While X-Men has its downs, Wanda as a character was and never will be considered equal or superior to Magneto, which will only result in Wanda(and Pietro for that matter) being satellite characters for Magneto(if they are used together in X-turfs that is). Sometimes it's fine being the satellite, a lot of mentor/best friend characters are essentially satellites.
    But we are talking about the roles of "emotional anchor for a broken man", the vanilla flavored group that is the prime candidates for fridging and corruption treatment. It would be also kinda okay if they are specifically created for that purpose(Anya), but Wanda/Pietro are not that.