Page 551 of 774 FirstFirst ... 51451501541547548549550551552553554555561601651 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,265 of 11598
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Wanda by Lucas Werneck
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Question: When Strange said there is no such thing as Chaos Magic was that because of the lie earth’s mages told to dethrone Chthon?
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

I think it was because Bendis didn´t do his research on chaos magic at the time and he wanted to add reasons to explain Wanda mental issues and later to cover up that plot hole, given Dr Strange himself used chaos magic in the past, we saw Chthon himself explain that "Chaos magic" had been "forgotten" by the mages to keep him out of earth.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Extraordinary Member

"There is no such thing as chaos magic" was a callback to that scene in 1998 where Agatha told Wanda that her powers were chaos magic. Avengers Disassembled was supposed to reveal that Agatha had been dead all along, so "chaos magic" was something Wanda made up along with the ghost of Agatha. So when Strange says "there is no such thing as chaos magic" he's supposed to be revealing that that scene was all in Wanda's head or something like that.

No one else but Wanda sees or talks to Agatha in the Busiek run, so it's not out of the question that it wasn't really Agatha; it just wasn't executed well, so most readers thought Wanda had murdered Agatha when it was intended to show she'd been dead for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think it was because Bendis didn´t do his research on chaos magic at the time and he wanted to add reasons to explain Wanda mental issues and later to cover up that plot hole, given Dr Strange himself used chaos magic in the past, we saw Chthon himself explain that "Chaos magic" had been "forgotten" by the mages to keep him out of earth.
    Then how does Wanda’s Chaos Magic differ from Strange chaos magic?

I have not read the issues of Dr Strange using chaos magic but I did read Busiek´s take so take this with a grain of salt:

The difference I see between them is that when Wanda was born Chthon made her into his next vessel, giving her a unique connection to him and chaos magic itself while for Dr Strange is just a type of magic he gets acess to after doing the appropiate spell. He doesn´t have the same connection Wanda does to Chthon or Chaos magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Question: When Strange said there is no such thing as Chaos Magic was that because of the lie earth’s mages told to dethrone Chthon?
    It's just Bendis being Bendis. There is not deeper thought than that.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    So dealing with continuity does that mean currently Wanda is the only who can freely use Chthon’s unique Chaos Magic without use of the Darkhold or needing to invoke his name.

So dealing with continuity does that mean currently Wanda is the only who can freely use Chthon’s unique Chaos Magic without use of the Darkhold or needing to invoke his name.
    Currently. But I'm very tempted to put a * beside that because things change so often all the time. And it's possible there is something out there that says different.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Chthon stated in Mighty Avengers, that some mages try to deny the existence of Chaos Magic in order to weaken it's power.

To me it has been proven that he looks down on women in general and women with great power in particular.

He likes low level crooks who gain power though. Hood.

It's hard not to see that he had a specific agenda against Wanda.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    This is so true and it hurts

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    To me it has been proven that he looks down on women in general and women with great power in particular.

He likes low level crooks who gain power though. Hood.

It's hard not to see that he had a specific agenda against Wanda.
    He's just a bad writer after Death of Spider-man in ult. universe.Everything else he has done has been bad imo.

And he destroys pretty much every character and will shove Luke and Kitty Pryde everywhere.
    And loves his original creations and self inserts like Miles and Kong.Will have Kitty date a guy in whatever book he's writing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    He's just a bad writer after Death of Spider-man in ult. universe.Everything else he has done has been bad imo.

And he destroys pretty much every character and will shove Luke and Kitty Pryde everywhere.
    And loves his original creations and self inserts like Miles and Kong.Will have Kitty date a guy in whatever book he's writing.
    Yeah, about his true born sons and daughters. Jessica Jones is not the worst offender but the OG Alias run kinda reeks of Bendis dragging other Marvel characters to be in service for her story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, about his true born sons and daughters. Jessica Jones is not the worst offender but the OG Alias run kinda reeks of Bendis dragging other Marvel characters to be in service for her story.
    Bendis is the kind of writer you (mostly)like if he loves the character you do.Like Luke, Kitty, Miles, etc. Jessica is not quite as bad for Bendis standards but still pretty bad.
    But everyone else is f*cked or sidelined for them.