Page 553 of 774 FirstFirst ... 53453503543549550551552553554555556557563603653 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,295 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The fact she said the foundation of this story is meant to be about "Healing & Catharsis" should calm people down.
    Yeah, nothing beats the calmness of a dead corpse.
    Good faith is appreciated, but I am still staring at one gigantic X-drama that uses Wanda as a plot device as far as I can see.

Extraordinary Member

And honestly, it would be better if something is shown first, Wanda fans are not unfamiliar with false promises that never lead to anything.
    This story could very well be about everyone talking about Wanda but without Wanda as an actual character, and that would be Leah's understanding of a story about her. After all, many people belive HoM is about Wanda.
    Chaos Magic is simply a lore piece about her, it's neither negative or positive, it's positive in a sense that it provides character struggle and story potential for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/2SCilrqXadq5AlNpMZb480
    Leah Williams interview behind the Trial of Magneto.
    She basically wanted this series to be about healing between Wanda and Mutants. She says she wants this to be an empathy engine for Wanda and it’s not really a Magneto story. She also mentions Chaos Magic as something not tied to Wanda’s mental health, but something positive and empowering.
    I hope she comes through on all of that. Wanda should be able to wield chaos magic without issues. It chose her. She is said to be able to form and bend it to her will.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Hopefully now some of her fans will stop being so negative.
    It's just trepidation over years of promises that didn't come into fruition. But I do hope this time is different.

Extraordinary Member

People are already celebrating this as some kind of big win for Wanda without any acutal content being shown.
    I for one just don't think this would matter either way, Wanda is in this weird place due to how editorial see her "value", the kindness of some writers' heart, if there is actually any won't save her.

I'm gonna wait and see and hopefully she treats all this well. If Wanda ends up stronger for it than I will love Leah for that. She didn't obviously pick Wanda to be killed, but she seems determined to right the wrongs done to how she wields her magic. And put to bed a 17 year old tale.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm gonna wait and see and hopefully she treats all this well. If Wanda ends up stronger for it than I will love Leah for that. She didn't obviously pick Wanda to be killed, but she seems determined to right the wrongs done to how she wields her magic. And put to bed a 17 year old tale.
    If it buries HOM for good, I'll be delighted.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    If it buries HOM for good, I'll be delighted.
    Yeah same and undoes the rest of the damage Bendis did to chaos magic. Which seems to be a focus that Leah talked about.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, hopefully, if not, at least allow me some peace.
    I want separation either way though. If this means she will be on her own and back to her homes again, I will be happy.
    There would be no point to fix her if she ends up stuck in a place where the narrative tend to sideline and use her.

I don't think they plan on keeping her over there. Jordan White did say she's still an Avengers character during Comic-con@home this year.

Extraordinary Member

Still have months to wait, honestly I cannot get myself to be excited or angry for this matter.
    I will try to squeeze out a yaayyyy if something good actually happens.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    People are already celebrating this as some kind of big win for Wanda without any acutal content being shown.
    I for one just don't think this would matter either way, Wanda is in this weird place due to how editorial see her "value", the kindness of some writers' heart, if there is actually any won't save her.
    Yeah, I believe Williams will do her best, but ultimately this is a story she was assigned by editorial and what happens to the character going forward will be the editors' decision. I don't know why the editors won't use her, but that's what would have to change to make things better.

Editorial interference is the only concern after listening to the podcast. I loved that Leah mentioned being a Wanda fangirl, and wanting to redeem Wanda for years. She also brought up liking Sailor Moon. I have a soft spot for Wanda's show establishing her as a magical girl. That transformation was pretty empowering. I want Wanda's powers to be that too. Busiek had talked about chaos bending to Wanda's will. She should have full control over it. It should not be a weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/2SCilrqXadq5AlNpMZb480
    Leah Williams interview behind the Trial of Magneto.
    She basically wanted this series to be about healing between Wanda and Mutants. She says she wants this to be an empathy engine for Wanda and it’s not really a Magneto story. She also mentions Chaos Magic as something not tied to Wanda’s mental health, but something positive and empowering.
    Well, at least that's something and she's not going into this intending to write another Wanda hit piece and actually having the Mutants address this.

Better just wait. Sometimes writers are really good talking but their writing is really bad. Never been impressed with Leah Williams writing
    Already hated the idea of murdering Wanda

Yeah, nothing beats the calmness of a dead corpse.
    Good faith is appreciated, but I am still staring at one gigantic X-drama that uses Wanda as a plot device as far as I can see.
    This is the most important point.

There is better ways
    Last edited by Writerblog; 08-16-2021 at 02:19 PM.