Page 56 of 774 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156556 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yeah, me too. I wonder if she said that specifically to keep fans from freaking out. Maybe not, but it sort of had that effect, since if she hadn't said that I think this thread would be filled with horrified reactions at this point.
    Well, I think people would cheer if Schaeffer just say they are going full-on HoM, because TBH here, people who criticize HoM, realize its impact on Wanda, or actively hate it are a vocal minority.(And yeah, that minority includes us here) Most people are just clueless crowd who think famous equals quality.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-30-2021 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, I think people would cheer if Schaeffer just say they are going full-on HoM, because TBH here, people who criticize HoM, realize its impact on Wanda, or actively hate it are a vocal minority.(And yeah, that minority include us here) Most people are just clueless crowd who think famous equals quality.
    No, they think it equals X-Men. Which is what they really care about. They couldn't give a crap if it's quality for Wanda as long as she gives them their faves.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

That HoM theory got blown out of proportion some fans would like Wanda to bring the X-men from another universe or to make more mutants but in practice this doesnīt make any sense with MCU Wanda and the logic of the MCU.

Wanda canīt wish something she doesnīt know and as far as we know there are not mutants in the MCU yet or they are hidden.

Wanda could bring some from other universes but that would make them just an anomaly and also temporal because itīs obvious Dr Strange and Spider-man movie is about fixing the multiverse.

It would also be a disservice to the narrative of the X-men, they need to have been present for some time for their narrative to work as people who are part of a world that fears and hates them. It makes more sense for them to be people who have been around but who were too little in number to be noticed until they grow in numbers naturally, just like in the comics or they could said the use of the Gems by thanos and the avengers awakened a bigger number that it used to be.

Wandavision is about Wanda and Visionīs family story with some Avengers and SWORD around for context, this makes me remember their old series with some elements from HoM, the Vision and Darker than Scarlet. It also serves as the introduction of the multiverse who may have some familiar characters like Peter but who will not be the MCU X-men.

I actually liked Olsen description of this being an story where Wanda comes of age as a woman and takes accountability for herself and also about her conception of family and family story.

I personally would like to see more about her perception of the rest of the avengers, because this looks like while she was happy to help out when she could and do her part after Endgame there were not avengers associated persons who she would look as friends and that kind of isolation and loss of Visdion who was very much the closest person left for her definitely could have played a part in getting her where sheīs at the moment.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-30-2021 at 08:34 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Ugh, so true. She might have gotten confused with the current costume in comics. Which was loosely inspired. But not really being something traditionally Romani.
    Basically she is either actually or trying to act excited to try on "something classisc" from comics to please some none-existent "comic readers". That's my take anyway, really people pay unnecessary amount of attention to her classic costume for some reason. It's not this overly skimpy outrageous outfit nor is it some timeless holy classic, it's just that particular costume that is with Wanda for the majority of her time in comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Ugh and she was blatantly told. Come on Liz!
    Well, one positive of social media is probably constantly reminding you of inappropriate things to say.
    That being said she should probably just avoid the topic or use the correct term.

I just got to say what with WandaVision being the shit! And the way people are triggered just by her name or spawn over in the X-Boards I stan Wanda now love an untouchable Queen!

Itīs probably nostalgia, the outfit helps some fans to relate her with her comic self imo given she canīt say anything about the story that could be seen as spoilers her talking about the outfit and Wanda comic self seems like a safe theme of conversation but yes, probably it would be better if she didnīt try to appeal too much to the comic fans.

But I really liked what she said about them wanting to avoid the "too powerful and out of control woman trope" because it happes too much in comics, movies and series. If they manage to put an spin to it that could bring more stories with who also look to change the trope.

On Wanda and the X-men:

Wanda is not really a problem for most X-fans, some actually like her and have suggested her to be part of a X-men team. The problem I see is that marvel and Hickman keeps using her as a point of contention between fandoms with the Pretender no sense but especially Wanda from Uncanny Avengers is seen in a bad light because she talked as if she was an autority on mutant issues and Xavier where she really had very little interaction with them for most of her story and AvX which was a story strongly tied in the Avengers favor using the X-men as antagonis but most of us would like to just let go of that already and have some new stories.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-30-2021 at 09:01 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I just got to say what with WandaVision being the shit! And the way people are triggered just by her name or spawn over in the X-Boards I stan Wanda now love an untouchable Queen!
    Her existence is not meant to trigger anyone really. As for X-fans who still hold a grudge, I would rather not engage than agitate them.
    I prefer safe space for everyone, in the case of X-fans, I just want separation at this point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Itīs probably nostalgia, the outfit helps some fans to relate her with her comic self imo given she canīt say anything about the story that could be seen as spoilers her talking about the outfit and Wanda comic self seems like a safe theme of conversation but yes, probably it would be better if she didnīt try to appeal too much to the comic fans.

But I really liked what she said about them wanting to avoid the "too powerful and out of control woman trope" because it happes too much in comics, movies and series. If they manage to put an spin to it that could bring more stories with who also look to change the trope.

On Wanda and the X-men:

Wanda is not really a problem for most X-fans, some actually like her and have suggested her to be part of a X-men team. The problem I see is that marvel and Hickman keeps using her as a point of contention between fandoms with the Pretender no sense but especially Wanda from Uncanny Avengers is seen in a bad light because she talked as if she was an autority on mutant issues and Xavier where she really had very little interaction with them for most of her story and AvX which was a story strongly tied in the Avengers favor using the X-men as antagonis but most of us would like to just let go of that already and have some new stories.
    Maybe it's kind on those X-fans' part, but I just see this as potential disaster. I think her priority is to either get her Avengers seat back or join a ongoing magic team or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Maybe it's kind on those X-fans' part, but I just see this as potential disaster. I think her priority is to either get her Avengers seat back or join a ongoing magic team or something.
    Probably with Hickman current storyline I could see that then again Quicksilver had some good character development when he was with X-Factor but that was mostly PAD work with Pietro so ultimately it all depends on the writer. I could see Ewing writting her well but he probably would wait until Hickmanīs pretender storyline is done so I see your point.

I really liked her interacting with Doctor Strange and Loki so a magic team would be a good idea or a second vol for her series. I also would like her as part of the Savage Avengers team it has magical,avengers and X- men characters who seem to be able to work well enough.

Probably with Hickman current storyline I could see that then again Quicksilver had some good character development when he was with X-Factor but that was mostly PAD work with Pietro so ultimately it all depends on the writer. I could see Ewing writting her well but he probably would wait until Hickmanīs pretender storyline is done so I see your point.

I really liked her interacting with Doctor Strange and Loki so a magic team would be a good idea or a second vol for her series. I also would like her as part of the Savage Avengers team it has magical,avengers and X- men characters who seem to be able to work well enough.
    I'll always remember that issue of X-Factor where Wanda and Lorna have have an outing as sisters and Wanda gets drunk at a ren faire event...only for the Axis retcon to follow not long after.

I wasn't a fan of how child-like Wanda was in that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier
    I'll always remember that issue of X-Factor where Wanda and Lorna have have an outing as sisters and Wanda gets drunk at a ren faire event...only for the Axis retcon to follow not long after.

Yes I think PAD could have written Wanda better but I liked to see her interacting with Lorna because that didnīt happen at all. I guess thatīs why the Axis retcon is still disliked by the majority of fans, it came around the time marvel had been doing some stories focused on different members of the family, Billy and Tommy, Pietro, Luna and Lorna, Wanda,Pietro,Magneto and Lorna and even some AUīs with all of them. the retcon just came out of nowhere and appart from Wandaīs series not much was done with it to make up from what was being done before, even Pietroīs relationship with Luna was lost and he used to be a friend to Lorna before he knew he was her brother, that also got lost when there was no need for that at all.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-30-2021 at 10:39 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Hello Lucyinthesky, Welcome to the Thread!

While I have been enjoying Hickman’s X-Men story and writing style I never got the “pretender” aspect. Is he saying Wanda was pretending to be a mutant by knowledge and choice? Cause if that is the case that makes no canon sense, they where always known to be mutants even to themselves and family until the High Evolutionary said otherwise. So she was pretending nothing by canon logic standards.

So what you think Hickman is getting at with that word? Cause I never got it.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Hello Lucyinthesky, Welcome to the Thread!

While I have been enjoying Hickman’s X-Men story and writing style I never got the “pretender” aspect. Is he saying Wanda was pretending to be a mutant by knowledge and choice? Cause if that is the case that makes no canon sense, they where always known to be mutants even to themselves and family until the High Evolutionary said otherwise. So she was pretending nothing by canon logic standards.

So what you think Hickman is getting at with that word? Cause I never got it.
    They claim it's not meant to be accurate, just to be bitter. But it comes off as just childish and ignorant. Because of her not being the one that claimed she was a mutant. And with the moment she found out she wasn't, she left it behind. Which is what Marvel needs to do too.