Page 567 of 774 FirstFirst ... 67467517557563564565566567568569570571577617667 ... LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,505 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Though that’s not how growth works if you are always around people who call you superstar. Wanda can be in drama, but be that person who is a voice of reason and self assured in who she is. I like that Wanda can be that character that no matter if the people she is with will only ever heap dirt on her name she will still help and not bend to anyone and sit proudly on her throne.
    There was no growth in Mags pretending to be good, then doing something bad to shake the twins confidence in him turning good. The I love you kids, but love mutants more and hate you father stuff can only go so far.

Her working her way through the Avengers ranks, becoming one of the most consistent members. Becoming a leader, co-leader, learning magic, honing that magic, taking on an apprentice, getting married, having kids. Numerous special moments with actual friends. Saving the world many times gave her actual progession. Hell having autonomy in stories even. That was growth.

Where here she's a beautiful corpse. Mocked, hated. No real friends, no real family. No other interpersonal relationships. Just a dry well of salt.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think Bendis was even trying for allegory. I think he just didn't think about that at all. And I think part of that is just a severe misunderstanding of mental illness. He just needed a reason why she suddenly turned. But it's important to point out that it failed in it's depiction because it still creates some wicked misconceptions.
    What misconceptions?
    Nobody today in their right and sane mind thinks that mentally ill persons should be eradicated. Or that comic books speak truths and we should take them seriously. Nobody. (And as it failed in its depiction(s) why should it be viewed as some form of "truth" to be dissected and explored?)
    With all the knowledge at our very fingertips and the breakthroughs in science and medicine...any such misconceptions regarding mental health and its care are the flimsy excuses of the woefully ignorant.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-20-2021 at 10:28 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

There was no growth in Mags pretending to be good, then doing something bad to shake the twins confidence in him turning good. The I love you kids, but love mutants more and hate you father stuff can only go so far.

Her working her way through the Avengers ranks, becoming one of the most consistent members. Becoming a leader, co-leader, learning magic, honing that magic, taking on an apprentice, getting married, having kids. Numerous special moments with actual friends. Saving the world many times gave her actual progession. Hell having autonomy in stories even. That was growth.

Where here she's a beautiful corpse. Mocked, hated. No real friends, no real family. No other interpersonal relationships. Just a dry well of salt.
    Yes Wanda working along side her friends to save the world, universe, multiverse, etc. also leads to growth. Her working along side people who hate her can do the same thing that’s how topics in life can be depicted in comics working with people who out right hate her and her not caring, but willing to do what it takes to get the job done. They still don’t like her at the end, but would have respect for her as a person or not all Wanda should care about are the results and that she did what is right. Also I have a very warped since of beauty but Wanda to me makes death look beautiful. To me she doesn’t even look dead, but just sleeping. Also her dialogue at the end gives me anticipation that she will have autonomy in this story cause Leah said in the next issue that place Wanda’s soul was in will make an appearance and will see what she is doing.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Awesomeness!!! (even though I do think those awards shows are all irrelevant rubbish)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    What misconceptions?
    Nobody today in their right and sane mind thinks that mentally ill persons should be eradicated. Or that comic books speak truths and we should take them seriously. Nobody. (And as it failed in its depiction(s) why should it be viewed as some form of "truth" to be dissected and explored?)
    With all the knowledge at our very fingertips and the breakthroughs in science and medicine...any such misconceptions regarding mental health and its care are the flimsy excuses of the woefully ignorant.
    I'm not saying people think that mentally ill people should be eradicated. But misconceptions in storytelling makes it less impactful. Marvel always strived to have their characters more relatable. And ending misconceptions in writing could lead to more relatable stories. Someone who's mental illness is handled in a real and humane way are more relatable me (someone with mental illness). So I want see more like Waid's Daredevil and less of using mental illness to make characters evil. That can only improve when misconceptions end.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 08-20-2021 at 10:44 AM.

Yes Wanda working along side her friends to save the world, universe, multiverse, etc. also leads to growth. Her working along side people who hate her can do the same thing that’s how topics in life can be depicted in comics working with people who out right hate her and her not caring, but willing to do what it takes to get the job done. They still don’t like her at the end, but would have respect for her as a person or not all Wanda should care about are the results and that she did what is right. Also I have a very warped since of beauty but Wanda to me makes death look beautiful. To me she doesn’t even look dead, but just sleeping. Also her dialogue at the end gives me anticipation that she will have autonomy in this story cause Leah said in the next issue that place Wanda’s soul was in will make an appearance and will see what she is doing.
    You have hope that it'll be different this time. I do not. You want her in the x-books. I do not. This is never gonna change.

And I doubt that Marvel is gonna change that either. Considering that Jordan White told everyone at Comicon@home that Wanda is still an Avengers character.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly? I don't care about certain characters' supposed respect, they come and go in a whim.
    Her progress in Avengers got conveniently ignored in X-franchise, so why do people expect this is not another "corrupted save"?
    Her progress again gone and stuff. (Sorry, the cloest anology I can make is you doing **** in a video game and the system somehow decides you don't, and just so much effort for nothing.)
    I just hope this story actually fixes stuff so she can go home and never look back.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-20-2021 at 11:03 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Jean was the only X-man at the discovery of Wanda's body, who was upset. So like Magik didn't even seem to care
    It makes sense for Jean to be sympathetic to Wanda, since they have similar personalities and character histories. Marvel has tried to turn them into rivals in the past but being a fan of both characters I try to ignore all that and think of them as being natural allies.

You have hope that it'll be different this time. I do not. You want her in the x-books. I do not. This is never gonna change.

And I doubt that Marvel is gonna change that either. Considering that Jordan White told everyone at Comicon@home that Wanda is still an Avengers character.
    I don’t want her to be an x-character. I think she could just make guest appearances from time to time that involves her helping when the situation calls for it.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

I don’t want her to be an x-character. I think she could just make guest appearances from time to time that involves her helping when the situation calls for it.
    I'm also fine with the occasional appearance. Like when she met up with Kurt to help Pixie.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    It makes sense for Jean to be sympathetic to Wanda, since they have similar personalities and character histories. Marvel has tried to turn them into rivals in the past but being a fan of both characters I try to ignore all that and think of them as being natural allies.
    Same here, it was also one of the reasons I didn't like Rogue's portrayal in Uncanny Avengers. I wanted her and Wanda to be friends not enemies

I felt like they wrote all that Rogue stuff in UA for Emma but then couldn't use Emma. Because she has consistently hated Wanda and was for killing her.

Extraordinary Member

Which is fine, then again, I hope those would be less relevant appearances, just there to be helpful, but not really having her own stake in it.
    Meaning, her character should not be significantly affected. I don't want to have a heart attack every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Same here, it was also one of the reasons I didn't like Rogue's portrayal in Uncanny Avengers. I wanted her and Wanda to be friends not enemies
    Rogue was literally the only x-man who wanted to give Wanda a second chance in Children Crusade
    Plus, she's been in Wanda's shoes in some ways in the past and was more forgiving than others
    Her characterization in Remender's run really didn't make sense