Page 57 of 774 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157557 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Hello Lucyinthesky, Welcome to the Thread!

While I have been enjoying Hickman’s X-Men story and writing style I never got the “pretender” aspect. Is he saying Wanda was pretending to be a mutant by knowledge and choice? Cause if that is the case that makes no canon sense, they where always known to be mutants even to themselves and family until the High Evolutionary said otherwise. So she was pretending nothing by canon logic standards.

So what you think Hickman is getting at with that word? Cause I never got it.
    Thank you CJStriker, I am happy to be here

I think Hickman is implying some characters believe Wanda actually pretended to be a mutant knowingly but itīs also meant as an insult.I believe Hickman is playing with words and the consequences inside story of the decimation and the retcon because a Wanda who was a mutant could be grudginly understood by the X-men given their own experiences with losing control of themselves but a Wanda whoīs realy a human who decimated the mutants puts her in a worse light and makes her suspect of her actions being done more knowingly,itīs not true but itīs something some of them could believe

But thereīs not an universal hatred of Wanda in Krakoa, sheīs disliked by some decimated mutants and in part by the X-men but they accept Wanda as a member of the Avengers. I see it like Carol and Rogue relationship, in which Carol may not like Rogue but also accepts sheīs a hero in her own right, something like that is happening between Wanda and the X-men.

Of course, given Krakoa is a nation, not evey mutant thinks the same way the X-men do, Exodus is openly teaching the belief of Wanda being kind of a person who hurted mutants just because she could and would do so again given the opportunity. This of course is not what really happened but itīs something some mutants believe.

I think Hickmanīs intention is to do a story about how lack of information and radicalization can lead to division and maybe even the undoing of people and nations but I am not sure yet whatīs his end point for this, he either is building towards a confrontation with Wanda and the X-men or heīs planning a redemption of Wandaīs reputation with mutants.

Now Ewing is doing a subplot with this heīs pointing out that Krakoa hatred for Wanda is having political consequences with the Kree/Skrull alliance and that itīs not neccesarily a good pov to keep and he plans on doing this by having Magneto confront Billy, Wanda and Teddy at some point in SWORD comics, we will find out more on this in this year.

I personally think this will lead to Wanda being accepted again or at least understood in a more nuanced way by Krakoa at some point but itīs a slow burn development.

I totally get why Wanda fans are just annoyed by all this and thatīs completely fair but imo this may be neccesary for her to at least get all this story behind everyone and give the HoM/Decimation era closure.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-30-2021 at 11:35 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I personally think this will lead to Wanda being accepted again or at least understood in a more nuanced way by Krakoa at some point but itīs a slow burn development.

I totally get why Wanda fans are just annoyed by all this and thatīs completely fair but imo this may be neccesary for her to at least get all this story behind.
    No solicits listing her in anything clear through April so far, every part of me doubts this. It's been what since August that she appeared? Wanda isn't the focus and really shouldn't be. She belongs back in the Avengers and away from that mess. But that's more than a snail's pace to develop a story if they have one.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    No solicits listing her in anything clear through April so far, every part of me doubts this. It's been what since August that she appeared? Wanda isn't the focus and really shouldn't be. She belongs back in the Avengers and away from that mess. But that's more than a snail's pace to develop a story if they have one.
    Well I hope Wanda will get a place on an Avengers title soon, she doesnīt need to stop being an Avenger for this story to develop so I hope she gets to be on a title again soon especially with WandaVision being such a good series and I agree and yes this storyline is going very slowly but Ewing definitely said he would not let go this subplot behind, SWORD is right now dealing with the King in Black crossover but I expect him to keep this around for future issues. Hickman I am more unsure because heīs still developing a lot of storylines so I could see him letting Ewing taking the lead on this.

AIPT: X-Fan Lia pointed out that Krakoa has established its contentious relationship with Wanda Maximoff and S.W.O.R.D. #1 touched a bit on how that affects the greater Marvel Universe-sphere. Can readers expect more of the Magneto/Billy/Teddy/Wanda drama being explored?

Al: Yes! We’re not letting that lie. There’s a scene I’ve got pretty much entirely plotted out in my head–I’ll just say that I think it’ll make for Good Comics and leave it at that.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-30-2021 at 11:49 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Thank you CJStriker, I am happy to be here

I think Hickman is implying some characters believe Wanda actually pretended to be a mutant knowingly but itīs also meant as an insult.I believe Hickman is playing with words and the consequences inside story of the decimation and the retcon because a Wanda who was a mutant could be grudginly understood by the X-men given their own experiences with losing control of themselves but a Wanda whoīs realy a human who decimated the mutants puts her in a worse light and makes her suspect of her actions being done more knowingly,itīs not true but itīs something some of them could believe

But thereīs not an universal hatred of Wanda in Krakoa, sheīs disliked by some decimated mutants and in part by the X-men but they accept Wanda as a member of the Avengers. I see it like Carol and Rogue relationship, in which Carol may not like Rogue but also accepts sheīs a hero in her own right, something like that is happening between Wanda and the X-men.

Of course, given Krakoa is a nation, not evey mutant thinks the same way the X-men do, Exodus is openly teaching the belief of Wanda being kind of a person who hurted mutants just because she could and would do so again given the opportunity. This of course is not what really happened but itīs something some mutants believe.

I think Hickmanīs intention is to do a story about how lack of information and radicalization can lead to division and maybe even the undoing of people and nations but I am not sure yet whatīs his end point for this, he either is building towards a confrontation with Wanda and the X-men or heīs planning a redemption of Wandaīs reputation with mutants.

Now Ewing is doing a subplot with this heīs pointing out that Krakoa hatred for Wanda is having political consequences with the Kree/Skrull alliance and that itīs not neccesarily a good pov to keep and he plans on doing this by having Magneto confront Billy, Wanda and Teddy at some point in SWORD comics, we will find out more on this in this year.

I totally get why Wanda fans are just annoyed by all this and thatīs completely fair but imo this may be neccesary for her to at least get all this story behind.
    It's when you think about it how much of a real world parallel this is and how desired mis-information can lead to radicalization and how it can harm a society. When you think you are adding or protecting a culture you are only sewing seeds of Fires to come that can hurt towards its downfall.

That is what I have felt was Exodus theme towards Wanda, but you spelled it out very well since I have gotten behind in the readings of the Hickman eras of the past several months, so thanks for thanks allot, well said and well informed post.

I could not speculate what that SWORD confrantation could bring but it is intresting to hear something might be coming down the line. What that will bring I harsh to speculate, many as you said well with Fans don't want to see anymore for Very good Reasons, while others might be on the other side interested at least.

I will wait to hear on more of this down the line, but it is a Joy to speak to you on this topic. I speak more but it is late here so I am limited in my responses, sorry.

I am on reading the Classic Wanda Books right now but this might make me think again about getting back in the Hickman Era X-Men again to catch-up.

Thanks for you post Lucyinthesky, Glad to have you hear and glad to hear you views on how really it is more mixed views on Wanda on the X-Men books then we before, thanks for that.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Lightbulb

Well I hope Wanda will get a place on an Avengers title soon, she doesnīt need to stop being an Avenger for this story to develop and I agree and yes this storyline is going very slowly but Ewing definitely said he would not let go this subplot behind, SWORD is right now dealing with the King in Black crossover but I expect him to keep this around for future issues. Hickman I am more unsure because heīs still developing a lot of storylines so I could see him letting Ewing taking the lead on this.

All I can say is, OUCH Magneto, lol.

Honeslty I think thinking of Wanda really hurts him so he is likely diving into this kind of stuff to run from his pain of losing them. So if this is what I might end up being, then that might be a point Magneto will have to comes to terms with as well, both of his Family or Former for that matter and realities of Krakoa society.

Ewing has become one of my favorite Writers presently as well, so that is good to hear him doing this book too.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Well I hope Wanda will get a place on an Avengers title soon, she doesnīt need to stop being an Avenger for this story to develop so I hope she gets to be on a title again soon especially with WandaVision being such a good series and I agree and yes this storyline is going very slowly but Ewing definitely said he would not let go this subplot behind, SWORD is right now dealing with the King in Black crossover but I expect him to keep this around for future issues. Hickman I am more unsure because heīs still developing a lot of storylines so I could see him letting Ewing taking the lead on this.
    I think Marvel has just whittled me down to such skepticism. I use to be hopeful that they'd put Wanda right back into comics after HoM, that they'd go more into her relationship with her sons, that they'd do lots of stuff. They teased her return over the years before finally bringing her back and then did nothing. Then put her in some on-goings but not very good showings for her until her solo, and some Zub stuff that was ok. But she just never sticks anywhere. With there not being anything on her while she has a highly promoted show going on, that tells me a lot. Not to expect a lot. I hope to eventually see Darkhold Alpha. I'm not counting on much else.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Lightbulb

They claim it's not meant to be accurate, just to be bitter. But it comes off as just childish and ignorant. Because of her not being the one that claimed she was a mutant. And with the moment she found out she wasn't, she left it behind. Which is what Marvel needs to do too.
    That is what Radicalization and what ends up being myth building sadly does, their are often reckoning that come from such ideals said by those like Exodus.

That is what I kind of got with Exodus points, it is more of a label.

But Negative labels are meant to be mythbusted, that is my hope.

It's when you think about it how much of a real world parallel this is and how desired mis-information can lead to radicalization and how it can harm a society. When you think you are adding or protecting a culture you are only sewing seeds of Fires to come that can hurt towards its downfall.

That is what I have felt was Exodus theme towards Wanda, but you spelled it out very well since I have gotten behind in the readings of the Hickman eras of the past several months, so thanks for thanks allot, well said and well informed post.
    Exactly I think this is whatīs happening with Exodus.

I could not speculate what that SWORD confrantation could bring but it is intresting to hear something might be coming down the line. What that will bring I harsh to speculate, many as you said well with Fans don't want to see anymore for Very good Reasons, while others might be on the other side interested at least.
    Yes I hope this will give the story a well done closure for everybody.

I will wait to hear on more of this down the line, but it is a Joy to speak to you on this topic. I speak more but it is late here so I am limited in my responses, sorry.

I am on reading the Classic Wanda Books right now but this might make me think again about getting back in the Hickman Era X-Men again to catch-up.

Thanks for you post Lucyinthesky, Glad to have you hear and glad to hear you views on how really it is more mixed views on Wanda on the X-Men books then we before, thanks for that.
    Thank you

I am happy you liked my post and donīt worry take your time to read Hickmanīs story maybe you can find more clues to where heīs going with Wanda story and SWORD is a good series, itīs quite new with just two issues out but I think it will give better clarity to Wandaīs current situation with Krakoa.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-31-2021 at 12:25 AM.

Yes, he definitely was not expecting to get all those conflicting feelings during an inspection. How dare Paibok talk and make him feel things

Honeslty I think thinking of Wanda really hurts him so he is likely diving into this kind of stuff to run from his pain of losing them. So if this is what I might end up being, then that might be a point Magneto will have to comes to terms with as well, both of his Family or Former for that matter and realities of Krakoa society.

Ewing has become one of my favorite Writers presently as well, so that is good to hear him doing this book too.
    Exactly his reaction was very much to avoid the discussion and go on his way but heīs deeply affected emotionally, in a previous comic he even drank too much thinking about Wanda and Pietro and heīs doesnīt like to be confronted with this at all. So yes he will have to come to terms with this one way or another, not just for him but also for Wanda, Pietro and Krakoa. I think he has been respecting the distance between him and the twins but Teddy and Billy have made sure this is a matter he canīt ignore and Ewing sure wonīt let this go.

I didnīt know Ewing either but I liked his Avengers a lot and this take on Krakoa and Sword is quite good and nuanced so yes I am hoping to see what heīs planning
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-31-2021 at 12:29 AM.

I think Marvel has just whittled me down to such skepticism. I use to be hopeful that they'd put Wanda right back into comics after HoM, that they'd go more into her relationship with her sons, that they'd do lots of stuff. They teased her return over the years before finally bringing her back and then did nothing. Then put her in some on-goings but not very good showings for her until her solo, and some Zub stuff that was ok. But she just never sticks anywhere. With there not being anything on her while she has a highly promoted show going on, that tells me a lot. Not to expect a lot. I hope to eventually see Darkhold Alpha. I'm not counting on much else.
    I donīt blame you imo marvel can be quite miopic when itīs about great potential storylines and they seem to believe there canīt be good relationships between characters who should have them since yesterday Ex. Wanda, Billy, Tommy without adding a lot of drama so I really hope Wanda will get her own place again with the Avengers or on her own with her series being out now. I am also excited for Darkhold I hope it adds to Wandaīs lore in magic. I loved that image with her having to put together her own team, it would be nice to see her as a leader on Darkhold.

Ultimate Member

There's an interesting story to be told there, of how *Magneto* feels about all this. He's shown genuine affection over the years for Luna and Billy & Tommy, his 'grandkids.' To have all this stripped from him must feel kind of like losing his first family all over again. Even if it was a lie, the feelings were real.

He's got to be seriously ready to stomp the High Evolutionary for toying with his feelings like this...

Same here. My favourite heroine as her own show and I can't thinking about how they are going to screw Wanda over

Ewing take things better, you can see storme forming really slowly.

Hickman Wanda was so bad, it really has heavy hints of Misoginy

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Ewing take things better, you can see storme forming really slowly.

Hickman Wanda was so bad, it really has heavy hints of Misoginy
    Yea I feel Ewing has been an underrated writer that deserves more and more chance to be given chances to write big events for Marvel. Nearly anything I have read his I have always liked. He gets how IMO how fantastic comics can and should be.

I still enjoy Hickman a good deal, but clearly he has taken hits in my view on how he has written women, Wanda being the lastest example and I remember all the uproar back when Powers and House of X came out how unhappy Jean Grey fans where of his writing of her back in 2019.

So he has had history of this before and I am guessing other times as well I have not read yet.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 01-31-2021 at 11:32 AM.

Yea I feel Ewing has been an underrated writer that deserves more and more chance to be given chances to write big events for Marvel. Nearly anything I have read his I have always liked. He gets how IMO how fantastic comics can and should be.

I still enjoy Hickman a good deal, but clearly he has taken hits in my view on how he has written women, Wanda being the lastest example and I remember all the uproar back when Powers and House of X came out how unhappy Jean Grey fans where of his writing of her back in 2019.

So he has had history of this before and I am guessing other times as well I have not read yet.
    Ewing have been a good writer for years happy that his immortal Hulk is getting the fame that it deserves.

I enjoyed Hickman a lot on FF and Avengers (now? not so much). I think it is unanimous that he has problems with female characters.

I really hated how Doctor Strange was a jerk to Wanda and she acted like she was 15. Both are equals, he trust her to teach kids on his academy