Page 570 of 774 FirstFirst ... 70470520560566567568569570571572573574580620670 ... LastLast
Results 8,536 to 8,550 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think some will hate her no matter what, so that's why I haven't really felt it's necessary. We'll see if fourth time's the charm. So far it was only one person repowered, other mutants beside the depowered powered, Planet X, zombies created... what's next?
    Some people will continue hating. This is just a sales gimmick

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I hope either both apologize for what they did(even though Wanda's was unintentional) and let bygones be bygones and go their seperate ways which seems what Leah may do.
    Or if Krakoans keep itt up, she just says she can destroy them in 3 words again so stay out of her way.Like No more Krakoa, even without life force she could f*ck them up.Is that a fight you wanna pick, and you know the Avengers will back her up
    I think it's realistic to expect that some won't forgive. It was genocide afterall. Even though she was possessed and never intended it. But yeah, they should go their separate ways. For instance I never expect Emma to like any version of Wanda, even if we get a newly reborn one. I do think just dropping it is best. A lot of people came back, have their powers. Hopefully more come back and they can move on. Wanda can move on.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Some people will continue hating. This is just a sales gimmick
    It's just the reality of it. There'd have been people that didn't like her even if M-day didn't happen. So I don't worry about what they want from her. I just focus on what stories I'd like to read of her.

M-day was already being left behind because of crucible. it is very meaningless now

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    M-day was already being left behind because of crucible. it is very meaningless now
    It is, sadly Marvel wants to keep bringing it up though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Hopefully when she resurrects her sad girl personality is also gone for once, tired of her not defending herself, i want the brave Wanda before the M-day mess and in a few moments after that

I do like Wanda being sentimental and stuff, just not about X-stuff, especially Magneto of all people.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    X-books forum started a Scarlet Witch appreciation thread.
    Why, she is not an X-character, if it is meant as a safe space for people who like Wanda's X-parts, then why not, but my stance is still her leaving X-franchise for good.

Ultimate Member

I think it's realistic to expect that some won't forgive. It was genocide afterall. Even though she was possessed and never intended it. But yeah, they should go their separate ways. For instance I never expect Emma to like any version of Wanda, even if we get a newly reborn one. I do think just dropping it is best. A lot of people came back, have their powers. Hopefully more come back and they can move on. Wanda can move on.
    I don't expect any X-fans to like her either. But I don't think of it as genocide in the same way real genocide is. Nor do I get really blaming the character for an editorial mandate

Extraordinary Member

Well, the other thread is basically how to modify Wanda to be an X-character and change her lore and stuff to suit their taste, yikes.
    Sounds too much like character theft in preparation.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't expect any X-fans to like her either. But I don't think of it as genocide in the same way real genocide is. Nor do I get really blaming the character for an editorial mandate
    Oh, they like her alright, just not the way she is in most of her history. They want to apply some heavy plastic surgery on her character to make her look like the perfect princess of Magnus house.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    For sure fictional genocide is nothing like real life. Because comic book characters come back all the time. Sometimes immediately. And this world has super powers and possession.

Astonishing Member

from a strictly "generate stories for Wanda" context, I wouldn't be opposed to Wanda interacting with Rogue and Lorna; or for the shady side of this (that everyone does these days) the OG Brotherhood members (including Mastermind, the slime that walks like a man)

Extraordinary Member

Well, speaking of Brotherhood, Pietro drinking with the old members feels kinda weird, those days aren't exactly the nicest memories of the twins.
    Toad used to be a creep on Wanda.

BANNED

For sure fictional genocide is nothing like real life. Because comic book characters come back all the time. Sometimes immediately. And this world has super powers and possession.
    This idea that Wanda committed "genocide" is just another example of Marvel's tortured relationship with science. By definition, "mutants" cannot go extinct because mutation is a universal phenomenon not something restricted to a particular group, and that aspect is kind of key to the entire X-Men story because the implication is that ANYONE could be revealed as a mutant and that despite humanity's best efforts to eradicate them, they are here to stay and must be accepted in the wider society. However, hacky X-men writers tend to treat mutation itself as some kind of heritable trait, and redefine "mutant" as some kind of self-propagating in-group, and continually try to push this idea of an isolated "mutant homeland" as a utopian ideal even though that very much goes against the main message of the books. And ironically, the impulse of Marvel editorial to reduce the number of mutants so that they wouldn't start bleeding into the rest of the comics makes them very much like the villains of their own comics, unwilling to even acknowledge the presence of mutants unless they are shoved into their own little corner.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, speaking of Brotherhood, Pietro drinking with the old members feels kinda weird, those days aren't exactly the nicest memories of the twins.
    Toad used to be a creep on Wanda.
    So did Mastermind