Page 573 of 774 FirstFirst ... 73473523563569570571572573574575576577583623673 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,595 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Perhaps you’re unaware of this, but at least half of the current x-books are exploring the flaws of Krakoa as a nation. It is definitely NOT being presented as an unqualified positive.
    We literally saw every future and they were hunted.Peace was never achievable, the plot is still lost

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Why should they be "heros" tho? People praise and squirt all over this site for Dr.Doom, is he a hero?
    There's a big difference between a villainous character who people enjoy reading about because they find him interesting, like Dr. Doom, and a supposed hero going around doing morally questionable things but facing no consequences for them because he's the designated protagonist and they're just doing what needs to be done. And of course the X-Men have probably abused the latter more than any other franchise, what with Wolverine and the slew of copycat anti-heroes he inspired, so at this point opting for the classic morally upstanding superhero would probably be the more interesting and unexpected direction to take.

Ultimate Member

They don't have to be classically upstanding in the "pretend the status quo is good" of Golden/Silver/Bronze age heroes, but Dark age anti-hero isn't the only other option either.

Dark-age antiheroes? That’s a bit of an exaggeration, don’t you think? The x-men still defend humanity all the time

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Dark-age antiheroes? That’s a bit of an exaggeration, don’t you think? The x-men still defend humanity all the time
    I just didn't have an exact comparison to use. It was probably the wrong example. All I'm saying is there isn't just a straight dichotomy.

Today is August 23, the date on the calendar in the first episode of WandaVision.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    There's a big difference between a villainous character who people enjoy reading about because they find him interesting, like Dr. Doom, and a supposed hero going around doing morally questionable things but facing no consequences for them because he's the designated protagonist and they're just doing what needs to be done. And of course the X-Men have probably abused the latter more than any other franchise, what with Wolverine and the slew of copycat anti-heroes he inspired, so at this point opting for the classic morally upstanding superhero would probably be the more interesting and unexpected direction to take.
    So the books with characters like Doom, Wakanda or The Suicide squad can be morally grey and be praised and ralatable but the minute the muties start to act morally grey they are a disgusting imperialistic death sex cult, got it.

So the books with characters like Doom, Wakanda or The Suicide squad can be morally grey and be praised and ralatable but the minute the muties start to act morally grey they are a disgusting imperialistic death sex cult, got it.
    very different franchises and Wakanda is mostly heroic. i'm not sure if letting nazis in is any morally grey

Ultimate Member

Depends on specific mutants. I'm not a fan of pretending like Doom or SS are heroes either. They're not. But mutants are a massive group so some are villainous and some are heroic

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    very different franchises and Wakanda is mostly heroic. i'm not sure if letting nazis in is any morally grey
    Both Wakanda and Krakoa are intergalactic, "isolationist", empires. But one is evil and the other is good. Weren't Captain America, Black Widow and The winter Soldier nazis for a bit.

Both Wakanda and Krakoa are intergalactic, "isolationist", empires. But one is evil and the other is good. Weren't Captain America, Black Widow and The winter Soldier nazis for a bit.
    No. Cap was a different Cap. Bucky worked for the KGB while mind controlled, Widow as well.

None of this has anything to do with the Scarlet Witch.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 08-23-2021 at 12:02 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    No. Cap was a different Cap. Bucky worked for the KGB while possessed, Widow as well.

None of this has anything to do with the Scarlet Witch.
    Sorry, I wont derailed the conversation anymore, I love the Scarlet Witch, I love the X-Men, I think the Hose of M was a net positive, it gave us years of storylines. I am enjoying all of this Pretender drama and I am sure she will get redemtion, I like chaos, I like conflict. Why can`t we just enjoy the story for what it is.

Sorry, I wont derailed the conversation anymore, I love the Scarlet Witch, I love the X-Men, I think the Hose of M was a net positive, it gave us years of storylines. I am enjoying all of this Pretender drama and I am sure she will get redemtion, I like chaos, I like conflict. Why can`t we just enjoy the story for what it is.
    House of M was not a net positive for Wanda. She was comatose, then wall dressing, then gone for 7 years. Has never gotten back to her previous status as a character and never back on the main team of Avengers. Despite being the most consistent serving Avenger for over 40 years to that point. It's been a nightmare that I hope is over with this event, so she can go back to the way she was.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

How was HoM a net positive. It depowered millions of mutants and villainized Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver to prop up the overused mutant persecution drama, and led to over a decade of prolong Avenger vs X-men conflict. And the pretender stuff is just more villainization. It's fine if you like if, of course, but what's positive about that?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    How was HoM a net positive. It depowered millions of mutants and villainized Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver to prop up the overused mutant persecution drama, and led to over a decade of prolong Avenger vs X-men conflict. And the pretender stuff is just more villainization. It's fine if you like if, of course, but what's positive about that?
    Without house of M, there wouldn't be Decimation, 198, Messiah Saga, Schism or Hox/Pox, Children Crusade, Trial of Magneto. It was horrible for mutants and Wanda but it made for a great story. As for Wanda it kept her relevant, They gave her a TV show that have a lot of HoM easter eggs, Where is the Tigra or Wasp event?