Page 574 of 774 FirstFirst ... 74474524564570571572573574575576577578584624674 ... LastLast
Results 8,596 to 8,610 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Without house of M, there wouldn't be Decimation, 198, Messiah Saga, Schism or Hox/Pox, Children Crusade, Trial of Magneto. It was horrible for mutants and Wanda but it made for a great story. As for Wanda it kept her relevant, They gave her a TV show that have a lot of HoM easter eggs, Where is the Tigra or Wasp event?
    Those things that benefited the X-side and not Wanda. It did not keep her relevant lol. It made her disappear and kept her away. Writers had to fight to use her. They gave Wanda a tv show because of the MCU. Because Feige is a bronze age fan of comics. Had nothing to do with HoM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Without house of M, there wouldn't be Decimation, 198, Messiah Saga, Schism or Hox/Pox, Children Crusade, Trial of Magneto. It was horrible for mutants and Wanda but it made for a great story. As for Wanda it kept her relevant, They gave her a TV show that have a lot of HoM easter eggs, Where is the Tigra or Wasp event?
    Ok, but it still made her into a villain and all the X-fans bash her because of it. And she hasn't been very relevant in the comics for a while outside of being a plot device or bogeyman. Do X-fans just want her to be evil?

Idk why Wasp got ignored, aside from Edgar Wright not planning to use her in the movie.

Incredible Member

I always look at it as a natural prograssion of her story, being raised as an outcast, geting recruit into the brotherhood, falling in love with an android, her children debacle, the chaos magic aspect it all leads to House of M, It made her a multiversal threat. What sucks is what happend later, neither she or the X-Men got any resolution, that is what Trial of Magneto should be about.

What do you think would have happend with her if Avangers Disassemble and House of M never happend, would she be relevant?

Edgar Wright had plans to use Wasp. His script just took forever. She was supposed to be in Whedon's Avengers originally. I wish she and Wanda could have their comics friendship in the MCU. It's kind of a bummer.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok, but it still made her into a villain and all the X-fans bash her because of it. And she hasn't been very relevant in the comics for a while outside of being a plot device or bogeyman. Do X-fans just want her to be evil?

Idk why Wasp got ignored, aside from Edgar Wright not planning to use her in the movie.
    I want a resolution, a reconciliation. Not brushing it under the rug

Wasn`t she part of Uncanny Avangers and played a big rol in AvX?

I always look at it as a natural prograssion of her story, being raised as an outcast, geting recruit into the brotherhood, falling in love with an android, her children debacle, the chaos magic aspect it all leads to House of M, It made her a multiversal threat. What sucks is what happend later, neither she or the X-Men got any resolution, that is what Trial of Magneto should be about.

What do you think would have happend with her if Avangers Disassemble and House of M never happend, would she be relevant?
    There was no natural progression. Wanda had progression before this story that was all retconned out. The chaos magic aspect did not lead to HoM because Bendis wrote it out. Then it had to be put back in by future writers because that retcon Bendis wrote made no sense. Just like her forgetting her kids were gone made no sense. Because she had already remembered them and worked through the grief 15 years before.

It all sucked.

Yes, she still would have been relevant. It had zero impact on the MCU which has made her more popular. She would have been in more comics. Because what pulled her out of comics was them not knowing how to clean up the mess they made with the 616 version of the character.

Ultimate Member

I can't say for sure. All the side Avengers seem to have lost relevancy during the last decade. But they weren't villainized. And using her to perpetuate the "mutants are fake minorities" thing when she's a real minority is very questionable. I think her progression wouldn't lead to all that because she was a hero for most of the 60s to the 90s

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Edgar Wright had plans to use Wasp. His script just took forever. She was supposed to be in Whedon's Avengers originally. I wish she and Wanda could have their comics friendship in the MCU. It's kind of a bummer.
    Not to derail this thread, but I though Wright didn't have her in his script. Anyway, her and Wanda being friends in the MCU would've been nice. But that requires two superheroines actually interact with one another.

Resolution would be nice but it would've helped if she hadn't done something so egregious in the first place.

She was part of both of those, but she wasn't as much of a hero as in the older days from what I recall.
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 08-23-2021 at 12:29 PM.

Well they tried resolution and reconciliation 3 times before whatever is going on in ToM. Maybe fourth time is the charm.

I personally don't care if there is reconciliation at this point. Let her go on with her life. They can go on with their's. They are perfectly able to bring back mutants lost. That side is toxic to her. She should have stayed away and she wouldn't be dead right now.

UA under Remender was a disaster. It was better with Duggan and Zub writing it. And AvX was a mess.

Well they tried resolution and reconciliation 3 times before whatever is going on in ToM. Maybe fourth time is the charm.

I personally don't care if there is reconciliation at this point. Let her go on with her life. They can go on with their's. They are perfectly able to bring back mutants lost. That side is toxic to her. She should have stayed away and she wouldn't be dead right now.

UA under Remender was a disaster. It was better with Duggan and Zub writing it. And AvX was a mess.
    Exactly. Just keep Wanda away from the X-franchise is toxic as heck for her.

Ultimate Member

She can be part of the X-side if things hadn't been prolonged so far.

That ship sailed and sinked long long long long time ago.

Like I said, I could buy her as ambassador after everything gets smoothed over, but never as a mainstay character. Her home has always been with the Avengers. Her friends, her romantic relationship, everything she's really known is on this side.

Incredible Member

Like I said, I could buy her as ambassador after everything gets smoothed over, but never as a mainstay character. Her home has always been with the Avengers. Her friends, her romantic relationship, everything she's really known is on this side.
    She should shag Nightcrawler and have a litle 616 Nocturne.

I prefer she continue her current relationship with Brother Voodoo.

Ultimate Member

I would've just preferred if she maintained amicable relationship with X-Marvel. Hero vs hero conflict can be cool but both teams' conflict was too drawn out

I wonder if there will ever be a 616 Nocturne.