Page 575 of 774 FirstFirst ... 75475525565571572573574575576577578579585625675 ... LastLast
Results 8,611 to 8,625 of 11598
    BANNED

Conceptually there is no reason why Wanda couldn't have a meaningful role in the X-Men franchise, but the problem right now has nothing to do with her character and everything to do with the way that line is currently being run. It honestly feels like the entirety of the editorial, creative, and the fanbase never quite got over that brief period in the 90s and 00s when the X-Men were on top of the world, and are just obsessed with trying to replicate that success even though the overall landscape of pop culture has changed so much since then.

Ultimate Member

Why can't both X-Men and Avengers be on top? It doesn't have to be one or the other

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Well they tried resolution and reconciliation 3 times before whatever is going on in ToM. Maybe fourth time is the charm.

I personally don't care if there is reconciliation at this point. Let her go on with her life. They can go on with their's. They are perfectly able to bring back mutants lost. That side is toxic to her. She should have stayed away and she wouldn't be dead right now.

UA under Remender was a disaster. It was better with Duggan and Zub writing it. And AvX was a mess.
    Yeah all this reconcilations never worked, now that they killed her maybe they will forgive her.

It was already meaningless at the time, al big names still had their powers. Now it is definately on rearmirror, it is over.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Conceptually there is no reason why Wanda couldn't have a meaningful role in the X-Men franchise, but the problem right now has nothing to do with her character and everything to do with the way that line is currently being run. It honestly feels like the entirety of the editorial, creative, and the fanbase never quite got over that brief period in the 90s and 00s when the X-Men were on top of the world, and are just obsessed with trying to replicate that success even though the overall landscape of pop culture has changed so much since then.
    The hate for Wanda has more to do on the fact that marvel gave other franchises some time to shine. Wanda No more mutant coincided the very beginning of MCU and Marvel giving a gas to Avengers and Inhumans
    Last edited by Writerblog; 08-23-2021 at 03:03 PM.

Ultimate Member

With the MCU's popularity, we're probably never going back to "X-Men most popular". And that's good. No one team needs to be the most popular. What's bad is how X-Men were treated in 00s/10s, first due to HoM trying to perpetuate victimizing mutants, then with the marginalization of X-Men due to rights issues between Disney & Fox. I think X-fans and writers should take out their frustrations on Marvel (if any remain), not on the other individual franchises

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    What do people want from the mutants, get genocided and take it with a smile? be perfect role models and boring as ****? every story needs conflict!
    No what folks want are decent stories that do NOT result in toxic fan inactions that result in franchises being deemed TOXIC (Inhumans & Green Lantern say HI).
    It is hypocritical for Wanda to be viewed as the most hated thing by X-Men when they have a collection of mutant and human killers waltzing around. Everyone can't be Venom or Harley.

Because while House of X bought on all those stories-Wanda did NOT benefit. See folks have to understand those trades do not do you any good if you are being badly written or a prop in them.

You get you page time in them but what type of page time do you get? Wandavision showed one version of Wanda. Marvel is going to get a nasty reality check when they release House of X and those books that don't make Wanda look good.

They just make her a HARDER character to sell. Same issue going on with Cyborg because new 52 Justice League did him NO favors. Nor did Tom King's Batman run help Duke Thomas.

So yeah you got stories but they actual hurt your bottom line because this conflict was NOT dealt with for 7 years. That is 7 years of Wanda bashing or misuse in trades. That should have been dealt with after 2 years with a rebuilding of Wanda as she transitioned into movies and tv shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Yeah all this reconcilations never worked, now that they killed her maybe they will forgive her.

It was already meaningless at the time, al big names still had their powers. Now it is definately on rearmirror, it is over.

The hate for Wanda has more to do on the fact that marvel gave other franchises some time to shine. Wanda No more mutant coincided the very beginning of MCU and Marvel giving a gas to Avengers and Inhumans
    No more mutants came a whole three years before the MCU kicked off, so anyone blaming it for mutants treatment is dead wrong. They didn't start cracking down on anything X and F4 until 2014 anyway. And even then, that was mostly merchandise, cartoons and games. The x-franchise still had 6 mainline books (Avengers currently only have two). It didn't have any relation to Quesada's idea. His idea stemmed from Morrison already trying to tone down the number of mutants. It's just Quesada wanted to do more in a way that was shocking and would sell. The 2000s and it's edgy type of storytelling is why all this happened.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Sorry, I wont derailed the conversation anymore, I love the Scarlet Witch, I love the X-Men, I think the Hose of M was a net positive, it gave us years of storylines. I am enjoying all of this Pretender drama and I am sure she will get redemtion, I like chaos, I like conflict. Why can`t we just enjoy the story for what it is.
    So you are saying you enjoy Wanda as plot fuel for X-franchise?
    How about the fact HoM directly harm her character anf her fans' interests?
    If her years of lost content for X-drama is viewed as positive, then it's urgent for her to leave X-franchise for good. Not that she is an X-character in the first place but she needs to break out of that jail.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-23-2021 at 08:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I always look at it as a natural prograssion of her story, being raised as an outcast, geting recruit into the brotherhood, falling in love with an android, her children debacle, the chaos magic aspect it all leads to House of M, It made her a multiversal threat. What sucks is what happend later, neither she or the X-Men got any resolution, that is what Trial of Magneto should be about.

What do you think would have happend with her if Avangers Disassemble and House of M never happend, would she be relevant?
    Natural progression as in she got a random amnesia.

Extraordinary Member

I want a resolution, a reconciliation. Not brushing it under the rug

Wasn`t she part of Uncanny Avangers and played a big rol in AvX?
    Yeah, like fucking 7 years after HoM, before that she had no relevant appearances in comics during 2005-2012.

Extraordinary Member

She should shag Nightcrawler and have a litle 616 Nocturne.
    From plot device to baby machine, is this your plan for her sir?

I want a resolution, a reconciliation. Not brushing it under the rug

Wasn`t she part of Uncanny Avangers and played a big rol in AvX?
    Uncanny Avengers unfortunately had the result of undoing a lot of reconciliatory work that had been done with Wanda from ACC and AvX, because Remender didn’t actually think she did anything wrong. So he wrote her as suddenly belligerent and unrepentant.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Uncanny Avengers unfortunately had the result of undoing a lot of reconciliatory work that had been done with Wanda from ACC and AvX, because Remender didn’t actually think she did anything wrong. So he wrote her as suddenly belligerent and unrepentant.
    I think it was more due to the fact that Remender didn't read Children's Crusade. Also he was more interested in creating the Avengers Conflict Squad rather that the Avengers Unity Squad.
    Last edited by leokearon; 08-24-2021 at 01:04 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    From plot device to baby machine, is this your plan for her sir?
    It was a jock, but don`t worry, I wont make another one since it triggers all of you so much. I only want to know what you want from a Wanda Story that doeasnt involved Mutants, Magneto, Vision, Wander Man or her babies. Since all of that makes her a "plot divice".

Extraordinary Member

That is your understanding of her, not mine sir.
    I very much enjoy Englehart era and Busiek era, Vision in the end is an equal to her, he for the most part doesn't make Wanda an orbit character like Magneto would.
    But I guess you see it differently since you find HoM a net positive, or is that also a joke?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I think it was more due to the fact that Remender didn't read Children's Crusade. Also he was more interested in creating the Avengers Conflict Squad rather that the Avengers Unity Squad.
    If only Wanda actually just leave X-franchise(not even a unity team) for good after AVX, I know a lot of people don't buy that, but some controversy can be avoided.